Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I'm just saying

When Amare got hurt and eventually came back,it got my mind wondering. Now I'm not saying we should do this BUT I think it was worth discussion so I thought I'd bring it to the dining room table to discuss with my Knick fan family (you guys):

Clearly Orlando is going to get offers for Dwight.Talks of us trying to sign Dwight when he's a FA are inevitably going to heat up.If we sign Dwight in that capacity,we can kiss Chris Paul and Deron Williams goodbye.What if, instead of playing the waiting game and watch team after team throw trumped up offers at him that we can't match,we made an offer of our own. What if we traded Amare for Dwight? Then we could still get Paul or Williams. Melo still could be our go to scorer.We'd have the biggest force in the paint on both ends of the floor AND Dwight is 3 years younger and less injury prone. I like and I'm not advocating this.I'm just throwing the idea out there. I mean we're talking the best defensive player in the league and an absolute load in the paint.We all saw what great success Paul had with Chandler with pick and rolls and alley oops.That would be multiplied by 50 if he played with Dwight.

What do you guys think?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm just saying

Obviously Dwight > Amar'e, but I really don't think there is any way we would trade Stoudemire away, considering that he was the one that signed with us in the past offseason. It would be a pretty low blow to him.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight is better player and better fit than Amare but there is no way Knicks will trade Amare.
Not any time soon..
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It would certainly be F'd up and risque'.It's kinda like saying would you slap your mom for 1 million dollars.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think it would be a great move for the knicks, give amare his own banner and say adios, dwight is younger and less injury prone and team him up with melo, thats better spacing on the floor for both players compared to 2 primary jump shooters who has to clear out to be effective and dwight is a far superior rebounder and defender.

it definately would be f'd up but thats what business is and orlando get a top quality player in return, we can probably snag a few bench players from orlando to bloster our bench.

i was just thinking about this and i would do it...it wud be like shaq and kobe 2.0

what about amare for dwight, and then give jamal crawford the full mle to man the backcourt, then mid season trade crawford and billups for paul and okafor

...haha maybe on 2k12

paul
scrub
melo
okafor
dwight

thats progress right there with a crazy rebounding front court

Last edited by bluechox2 : 04-25-2011 at 01:14 PM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I honestly just can't see this happening. Out of all the FA's that Knicks fans have mentioned over the past few years Dwight has been the one who I thought was least likely to leave.

He never said he wanted to leave. All the headlines constantly say "Dwight Howard denies rumour that he wants to be traded" or "Dwight laughs at article suggesting he wants out"

It doesn't look like he wants to leave. Even if he did. I don't see why the Magic trade him for Amar'e Stoudemire. Why not ride out your last play-off series with Dwight and try and win a championship? If things go right they win the championship and he decides to stay.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Orlando were to trade Dwight, I would imagine that they would want tons of picks. If NJ was willing to offer up 5 first round picks for Carmelo, imagine how many Dwight would fetch? That's why when people talk about these 1 for 1 trades for Dwight are unrealistic (Bynum for Dwight, etc). If Orlando does trade him, they are going to take every single piece they can in return.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I don't see this trade happening BUT I don't see Dwight staying in Orlando either.I honestly think he is gonna go to Atlanta.I think it would be good for the league too.He goes back to his home town.They trade Marvin Williams,Al Horford and some pieces for him...It would be cool to see him and Josh on the same team like their AAU days.

As for us,I'd liek Dwight but honestly I'd rather have him with Paul /DWill than with him and Amare.Theres only one basketball and one thing is for sure,he can stagnate your offense.Every play would be a clearout for him Amare or Melo.

BTW I wasn't saying that Orlando would trade Dwight for Amare str8 up.We'd probably have to part with Landry,Toney and some other players.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I don't see this trade happening BUT I don't see Dwight staying in Orlando either.I honestly think he is gonna go to Atlanta.I think it would be good for the league too.He goes back to his home town.They trade Marvin Williams,Al Horford and some pieces for him...It would be cool to see him and Josh on the same team like their AAU days.

As for us,I'd liek Dwight but honestly I'd rather have him with Paul /DWill than with him and Amare.Theres only one basketball and one thing is for sure,he can stagnate your offense.Every play would be a clearout for him Amare or Melo.

BTW I wasn't saying that Orlando would trade Dwight for Amare str8 up.We'd probably have to part with Landry,Toney and some other players.

Atlanta? It sounds interesting but thats a big slap in the face for Orlando if he goes to Atlanta. These 2 teams meet in the play-offs every year. Going to the enemy? Dwight would be crucified by the Orlando fans and media. You don't think he's built up some competitive hatred for the Hawks these past 2 years?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly, I'll give up the entire roster for Dwight besides Carmelo. Right now Dwight is MVP material, valuable, durable, he has what we need in a go to man as well. We can't depend on Amare's jumpshot for game winners if Carmelo isn't taking the shot.

Honestly, I'll do it.

Dwight/Melo/Billups
Dwight/Melo/CP3

is & always will be greater then

Amare/Melo/Billups
Amare/Melo/CP3
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I would give up the entire roster for Dwight. Knicks management would look like even bigger tools than they already do if they deal Amar'e though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You guys knows I'm a Knicks fan, not a Knicks players fan.

But I don't see the Knicks doing that.

No way they trade Amar'e.

I'd be shocked, but if we had Dwight I wouldn't exactly be mad.

Upgrades are always welcome.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #13
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
You guys knows I'm a Knicks fan, not a Knicks players fan.

But I don't see the Knicks doing that.

No way they trade Amar'e.

I'd be shocked, but if we had Dwight I wouldn't exactly be mad.

I knew it, you hate Billups too. I feel a connection here.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I knew it, you hate Billups too. I feel a connection here.

Billups contract is a nice trade chip.

See where Im going?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Vermont? I hear it's lovely this time of year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: