Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default In the offseason Rose Needs to...

Make 2 phone calls. 1. Steve Nash 2. CP3

I say this because he has amazing athleticism and is continuously improving his shooting to go around with amazing slashing and finishing. The one area he is still lacking is making his teammates better around him which I feel he can vastly improve. The two PGs I mentioned at the top are great at being PASS FIRST PGs by getting others involved, controlling the game and still scoring 20+ if they need to. I think for Rose to continue to elevate his game he has to think setting up teammates first and creating for himself later. I know when Nash went far in the playoffs he had a squad but even when he has had lesser squads he has made scrubs look like allstars. Look at CP3 he is competing with the TWO TIME defending champion lakers with a bunch of scrubs by scoring 20+ and still averaging over 10+ assist on high efficiency. I want Rose to get to this level because thats when I think the bulls will really be scary. Thoughts?
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: In the offseason Rose Needs to...

With all due respect I think that's silly for a few reasons.

1.) Derrick is not a pass first PG. His style is his own, and even though he is slumping he shouldn't change his style to mirror two guys that haven't won spit in this league. Isiah Thomas, Tiny Archibald, Tony Parker, etc have more titles than CP3, Stockton, and Nash.

2.) Even if he does need more practice passing the ball, CP3 and Nash aren't necessarily good teachers.

3.) Let's see how he adapts to the added pressure and pain of being a first option, something CP3 and Nash never had to do. When the Bulls get a viable scorer he can go back to being a 1b/#2 option but until then he's doing what he has to.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I honestly don't think he dominates the ball like paul and nash. He is a score oriented pg, but he also gets alot of hockey assists.

I think he needs to develope a post game. Cuz he's gonna get killed as his career goes further. Especially seeing as how he doesn't really have guys that are gonna retaliate for the hard fouls he recieves.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
With all due respect I think that's silly for a few reasons.

1.) Derrick is not a pass first PG. His style is his own, and even though he is slumping he shouldn't change his style to mirror two guys that haven't won spit in this league. Isiah Thomas, Tiny Archibald, Tony Parker, etc have more titles than CP3, Stockton, and Nash.

2.) Even if he does need more practice passing the ball, CP3 and Nash aren't necessarily good teachers.

3.) Let's see how he adapts to the added pressure and pain of being a first option, something CP3 and Nash never had to do. When the Bulls get a viable scorer he can go back to being a 1b/#2 option but until then he's doing what he has to.

Mind you no PG in NBA history has EVER won a SHIP being the number 1 scoring option and having to best playmaker as well. Did you notice in Game 4 against Indiana Rose had 0 assist in the first half and we were down 16. In the second half he had 10 assist and we came back in the final minute only to lose in the end. I think that tells you in the second half he was getting his teammates more involved and the pacers had to account for more than just rose.

How arent CP3 and Nash good teachers? They only make scrubs look like real ballers. They shoot efficiently and still can dish out 10+ assist while leading their teams in scoring if they have to.

Who is a viable scorer for New Orleans besides David West? Who does Steve Nash have once Amare left? If you dont think CP3 is there best scoring option then I dont know what to tell you. Even when CP3 led his team to the 2nd round in 07-08 he still didnt have a better squad than what the bulls have.

The bulls dont have a lot of money to go out and get a prolific scorer so I think its more on rose to not change but elevate his game. I think him averaging 25 and 8 is great but if he could do something like 21 and 12 he would be much better and the team would be better going forward as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Mind you no PG in NBA history has EVER won a SHIP being the number 1 scoring option and having to best playmaker as well. Did you notice in Game 4 against Indiana Rose had 0 assist in the first half and we were down 16. In the second half he had 10 assist and we came back in the final minute only to lose in the end. I think that tells you in the second half he was getting his teammates more involved and the pacers had to account for more than just rose.

How arent CP3 and Nash good teachers? They only make scrubs look like real ballers. They shoot efficiently and still can dish out 10+ assist while leading their teams in scoring if they have to.

Who is a viable scorer for New Orleans besides David West? Who does Steve Nash have once Amare left? If you dont think CP3 is there best scoring option then I dont know what to tell you. Even when CP3 led his team to the 2nd round in 07-08 he still didnt have a better squad than what the bulls have.

The bulls dont have a lot of money to go out and get a prolific scorer so I think its more on rose to not change but elevate his game. I think him averaging 25 and 8 is great but if he could do something like 21 and 12 he would be much better and the team would be better going forward as well.

No team in history has been able to build around a player like Rose. He's not like any of the players that complete and total retarded tools compare him to(Iverson, Marbury, Francis). He is more than willing to share and distribute the ball.

No team in history?

No team in history won jack squat without a top tier center until we did, what the hell does history have anything to do with what we do going forward.

Paul and Nash play their way. Neither of them have won a title, so I don't even know where this is going.

Do you think a 22 year old player is going to play the same game for his entire career?

Sorry, but this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen by a Bulls fan.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
No team in history has been able to build around a player like Rose. He's not like any of the players that complete and total retarded tools compare him to(Iverson, Marbury, Francis). He is more than willing to share and distribute the ball.

No team in history?

No team in history won jack squat without a top tier center until we did, what the hell does history have anything to do with what we do going forward.

Paul and Nash play their way. Neither of them have won a title, so I don't even know where this is going.

Do you think a 22 year old player is going to play the same game for his entire career?

Sorry, but this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen by a Bulls fan.

If you are talking about PGs I guess No team has had that type of PG to be able to build around. You are right no team in history won without a top tier center but also we had the GOAT and a top 50 player of all time so that has a lot to do with it too especially the GOAT part. History has a lot to do with things there is a reason no team has won with a PG that has to be the number 1 scoring option and number 1 playmaker. Its too easy to keen in on that player and make him one dimensional especially if he is a PG because they tend to be the smallest guys on the court as well.

If rose can work on his shooting then why couldnt he benefit from working with pass first PGs that make their team mates better and have the ability to take over games scoring as well. It isnt a dumb thread you just cant see past what Rose does great. Of course a 22 year old will elevate his game but im saying a certain part of his game that i think is a glaring weakness.

Its ok you will see what I am talking about as we progress in the playoffs. If Rose keeps jacking up shots instead of getting others involved it will be a very short playoffs compared to our expectations for the bulls. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If you are talking about PGs I guess No team has had that type of PG to be able to build around. You are right no team in history won without a top tier center but also we had the GOAT and a top 50 player of all time so that has a lot to do with it too especially the GOAT part. History has a lot to do with things there is a reason no team has won with a PG that has to be the number 1 scoring option and number 1 playmaker. Its too easy to keen in on that player and make him one dimensional especially if he is a PG because they tend to be the smallest guys on the court as well.

If rose can work on his shooting then why couldnt he benefit from working with pass first PGs that make their team mates better and have the ability to take over games scoring as well. It isnt a dumb thread you just cant see past what Rose does great. Of course a 22 year old will elevate his game but im saying a certain part of his game that i think is a glaring weakness.

Its ok you will see what I am talking about as we progress in the playoffs. If Rose keeps jacking up shots instead of getting others involved it will be a very short playoffs compared to our expectations for the bulls. I hope I'm wrong.

He's playing PG and SG in 1 on 4 situations offensively. This is something we knew earlier in the season, it's no surprise. Chris Paul or Steve Nash can't show him much of anything to change how he is plays in THIS situation.

Derrick is going to work and develop his game no matter what. Your gripes with him being a chucker is not falling n deaf ears, but Derrick can not possible get more out of the team and situation AS IS. Chris Paul couldn't, Prime Nash couldn't.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Just because you DO doesn't mean you can TEACH.

Jordan was a great player that made the players around him look better but he isn't a great teacher.

CP3 did NOT turn David West into one of the best mid range shooting PFs in the league, David West did by tirelessly working on his game. CP3 contributed. Steve Nash didn't make Amare a beast finishing around the basket, he and the Stoudemire family did.

Stop giving players so much credit.

Schemes, coaching, and teammates have more to do with a passing point guard's success than you give credit for.

Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, and even CP3 could be considered their team's number one scoring option at one point in a Championship run. Wade played point a lot in his team's Championship run.

The NBA is changing, and I'm not saying we can win it all playing the brand of ball we are playing, but 62 wins is nothing to scoff at and if we get another big guard that can score and create I think this team can win a chip with Rose as the man.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: