Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sixers fans play GM

Roster under contract

Elton Brand
Andre Iguodala
Andres Nocioni (has 2yrs left, last year team option which I dont see being picked up by anymore so it could be looked at as an expirer)
Lou Williams
Evan Turner
Spencer Hawes (offered qualifying offer $4mil)
Thaddeus Young (offered qualifying offer $4mil)
Marreese Speights
Jrue Holiday
Craig Brackens
Jodie Meeks

Players free agents

Jason Kapono
Tony Battie
A.Daniels
Darius Songalia

List of NBA free agents this offseason

Any players you wouldnt mind Sixers targetting from that list mention them.

A lockout could screw everything up. Sixers payroll with players under contract (incl options picked up, qualifying offers) is about $54mil. Who knows what the cap will be.

So who stays, who goes and what new faces in free agency and/or trades would you like to see made.

I'll throw this out there that may shock everyone including myself. First I'd target unrestricted free agent Deandre Jordan but again 1. Why would he leave LA 2. How much can Sixers offer him/what would he be asking for 3. Why would Clippers allow him to get away...I'm going with #3 the most. But why not try it? Hawes to me isnt bad for another year but not as a starter. Pairing him up with someone is what I think Sixers need to do since last season we really didnt have anyone.

My surprise choice is Stephen A Smith boy Kwaaaaaaaaaaaaame Brown. I know I know the guy is a stiff, not a shotblocker and is a hacker (fouls alot in case people google hacker and come up short). But this is a last alternative after you tried every option prior. Brown might piss me off watchin him. But as for Centers? Slim pickings unless you get lucky and create cap space then convince Nene Hilario here which I'd love. Or find a Center via trade even to pair with Hawes.

Sixers need a big man, another shooter. Meeks is great but another dependable/reliable shooter would be awesome. Kapono could do nothing but shoot and he failed at that. Meeks didnt do everything but he knocked down jumpers. Problem is I see no one that fits that bill in free agency.

But what yall think about how you would fix up the Sixers for next season?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Sixers fans play GM

I wonder what happens with Thaddeus Young. Some other team is going to offer him good money and I'd be upset if we matched it. I don't dislike young and it's not that we can do better for the role he plays with us but if another team offers him starter money then let him go.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: