Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Knicks may keep Donnie Walsh as president

Knicks owner James Dolan is on the verge of announcing Donnie Walsh will be back as Knicks president for next season with an agreement all but sealed, according to multiple sources. One league source said it could be a done deal by this week. "Jim really wants him back and the only issue left is Donnie getting assurances he's in charge of the basketball operations," the league source said. NY Post

According to sources, Walsh had become concerned about the increasing influence of some of Dolan's MSG lieutenants regarding basketball matters. Walsh had taken the job three years ago with the promise he would be the head of basketball operations. NY Post
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Knicks may keep Donnie Walsh as president

I think Dolan feels he had.As unsure as I am sometimes of this guy,bottom line is,it woulda been a PR nightmare for Dolan if he was let go.To the general public,the guy cleared cap space and brought Melo/Stat here.Wise minds in the know are aware that isn't as accurate as perceived but still...
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think Dolan feels he had.As unsure as I am sometimes of this guy,bottom line is,it woulda been a PR nightmare for Dolan if he was let go.To the general public,the guy cleared cap space and brought Melo/Stat here.Wise minds in the know are aware that isn't as accurate as perceived but still...

I guess I don't have a wise mind? Explain please.

He signed STAT. You really can't deny that. If you are trying to say that because Dolan apparently stepped in on the Melo deal and offered more to get it done and Walsh had no hand in it I think you were wrong. I honestly think that Donnie wanted to work for a deal where we didn't give up as much for Melo but Dolan rushed him. I still think it was Donnie who should get credit for the trade.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Theres significant amount of sources and information that point to him wanting to wait till the summer to sign Melo and Dolan pushed the enveloped. N with Amare,theres no way I'm convinced Isaiah didnt have anything to do with that.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

And Walsh was right. It doesn't matter though, it's just one more year of keeping Isiah's seat warm. Then Dolan will be free to host a circle jerk with Donal Sterling and Frank McCourt.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I was hoping not to get involved in the trade thing again, but to make it clear.

Walsh did not want to do the trade 3 days before the deadline.

He wanted to use the small amount of leverage he had, which was wait until that day perhaps near the final hour and then go with it then, possibly without giving up as many assets.

I truly believe if Walsh had done the deal Chauncey would not have been part of the deal.

We keep Mozgov and Felton.

Walsh endorsed the deal publicly because he wanted the Melo trade, just on his terms, without being rushed by Dolan.

But I'm glad Walsh will be back.

First order of business is put a demand on D'antoni to hire a defensive assistant, if he is still here.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm not saying I want Walsh to go for the record.I've always said I'd rather Pritchard BUT I don't mind Walsh.That being said,the next 2 summers are defining years for me.I wanna see what he doesn in Free Agency and if he gets rid of D'Antoni.I don't wanna here this "let's get him a defensive minded assistant" shit.If you can't coach defense yourself,you gotta go.When it's crunch time and games are on the line etc.,you dont see the asst coach whipping out his clipboard with the players huddled around him.

I think Dolan would be an idiot if he brought Isaiah back as GM.That's a PR nightmare.I do however beleive,unlike most ppl,that Thomas is great liason to have and wouldn't mind him as a scout,talent evaluator or consultant around draft time.End of the day,he does have an eye for talent and he is a Hall of Famer.He knows a good player when he sees one.

Last edited by franchize : 04-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

"I think Dolan would be an idiot if he brought Isaiah back as GM.That's a PR nightmare.I do however beleive,unlike most ppl,that Thomas is great liason to have and wouldn't mind him as a scout,talent evaluator or consultant around draft time.End of the day,he does have an eye for talent and he is a Hall of Famer.He knows a good player when he sees one."

If Isaiah is brought back, we could lose draft picks and have an investigation on the Knicks franchise. Remember, the Knicks are still under investigation about the illegal workouts with Wilson Chandler. The reason why the loss of draft picks
weren't discussed was because Thomas was working somewhere else. If he comes back, we're essentially throwing fuel on the fire. The NBA was wise to step in to deny Thomas working with the Knicks while working as a coach. The NBA saved the Knicks from itself. If I'm wrong about any of this information I humbly thank you for the correction, but If I'm correct, leave that dude to the side....Not with my Knicks!!!!
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not saying I want Walsh to go for the record.I've always said I'd rather Pritchard BUT I don't mind Walsh.That being said,the next 2 summers are defining years for me.I wanna see what he doesn in Free Agency and if he gets rid of D'Antoni.I don't wanna here this "let's get him a defensive minded assistant" shit.If you can't coach defense yourself,you gotta go.When it's crunch time and games are on the line etc.,you dont see the asst coach whipping out his clipboard with the players huddled around him.

I think Dolan would be an idiot if he brought Isaiah back as GM.That's a PR nightmare.I do however beleive,unlike most ppl,that Thomas is great liason to have and wouldn't mind him as a scout,talent evaluator or consultant around draft time.End of the day,he does have an eye for talent and he is a Hall of Famer.He knows a good player when he sees one.
That actually used to happen in Cleveland when Mike Brown was coaching.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Which is why Cleveland sucked at the end of games.That and LeBrick!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: