Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

while i wouldnt mind having any of them i would say bynum,biedrins,bynum,bargini
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #17
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
while i wouldnt mind having any of them i would say bynum,biedrins,bynum,bargini

I know he's good, but twice!?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

lol i meant to put bogut 3rd...bynum is that good though better than shaq and wilt
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #19
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Biedrins comes first in my mind. 20 years old and putting up like 12/10/3blks on 60%+ FG. Take away the start of the season when he wasn't as comfortable and getting much burn and he's 16/12. Sick. I see him as 18/12/3blks in his prime.

Next I would say give me Bargnani. He's a rookie that is learning at a very fast rate. His shot is money and will only get more comfortable as the season progresses. He has great dribbling skills for a bigman, this will set him apart from the Vladmir Radmonovics of the world. He can take it to the hoop already, he just needs to learn to pull up and shoot like Dirk does when he knows he won't make the layup. I see him as a 22/8/2/1.5blks in his prime.

Bogut would by my 3rd choice. If you've been on this board for the past 2 years you'll probably know that I'm not a big Bogut guy and haven't been since day 1. Too me he peaked in college, but he is such a fundamentally sound player he will be a great centre in this league for the next 10-12 years. He has great basketball IQ which results in intangibles such as: passing, boxing out, good screens, etc... His problem is he has little rebounding instincts, little outside shooting ability, little athletism, no blocking ability and a low ceiling of potential. I see him at 15/10/3/.5blks in his prime.

Bynum comes 4th in my mind. I'm simply not sold on his ability. He is a huge kid with good hands and good athletism. Will he ever develop the basketball IQ that the other 3 have? I don't think so. Will he ever develop an outside shoot? Nope. Will he ever be as fundamentally sound as the above 3? Doubtful. He doesn't have the rebounding instincts to be a great rebounder and he doesn't have the offensive instincts to be a great scorer. I see him as a 12/8/2.5blks player in his prime.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #20
bonez26
Local High School Star

I would take in this order:

Bargnani - all star potential. Has been playing a lot better as of late. Is fitting in nicely.
Biedrins - good blue collar guy. I think he may almost be at his sealing unless he can add a jump shot and make free throws.
Bynum - Nice potential big body...reminds me of a young Eddy Curry but with more heart
Bogut - He's really done nothing to distinguish himself from either of these four and is the oldest of the bunch.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #21
AKA AAP
Banned

How can so many people pick Bynum over Biedrins? This is insanity at its finest.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

For the future it's not that hard. Right now you'd be crazy to though.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #23
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
How can so many people pick Bynum over Biedrins? This is insanity at its finest.

Aren't you the same dumbass that said Bynum is gonna be a bust? Why would we pick Bynum?

Biedrins averages 4 more ppg, 4 rebounds per game, .3 more steals and 1 more block in 12 mins. Not much of a difference. If Bynum just played a full quarter, he could get 4/4 and 1 block. Not to mention Bynum plays behind Kobe and Odom, two ball dominating players. Give Bynum more touches and he would have better numbers. Before you pull out your crap, back it up.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
24/7
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
He is a huge kid with good hands and good athletism. Will he ever develop the basketball IQ that the other 3 have? I don't think so. Will he ever develop an outside shoot? Nope. Will he ever be as fundamentally sound as the above 3? Doubtful. He doesn't have the rebounding instincts to be a great rebounder and he doesn't have the offensive instincts to be a great scorer. I see him as a 12/8/2.5blks player in his prime.

I wouldn't say that Bynum has great athletism, but he is going to be very fundamentally sound, look at his shooting, look at his post moves, look at his passing for a 19 year old. An outside shot? Bynum is plays like the centers of old, I don't know why he'd need an outside shot, but he will develop a nice little short range game. You do know he is a 75% FT shooter right. Also his "rebounding instincts" are improving very nicely this year. There have been several games this year where he is inhaling a rebound per minute, but he gets pulled by PJ because he makes a mistake on defense. I think Bynum listens to Kareem more than PJ and this lack of 100% focus irritates Phil and he will pull him in a heartbeat for the most minor mistakes.

I think the determining factor of Bynum's greatness is in-game hunger, which is a problem for a lot of big men. Sometimes I wonder if he plays with a lack of enthusiasm because he's cautious of making a mistake, not really happy about being bossed around by his coach(es)(typical 19 yo problem), or he really doesn't have the heart that most of us Lakers fans hope he has.

Last edited by 24/7 : 12-15-2006 at 06:28 PM.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'd probably take Biedrins. He would be a great fit at C for the Raptors.

Right now he's getting 12 and 9 with 2 blocks while shooting 66% from the field. He's also younger than Bargnani. He's already a tough solid interior player on D and on the boards. On offense he seemingly knows his limitations and sticks to shots he can make in the paint.

At the start of the year I would've said Bogut but he's disappointed me a bit this year. It's close between him and Biedrins though. I like Bargnani's offensive potential but he's far too weak of a rebounder in this comparison. I don't really like Bynum all the much right now.

1. Biedrins
2. Bogut
3. Bargnani
4. Bynum

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 12-15-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #26
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

For a game today:

Bogut
Biedrins
Bargani
Bynum

For future games:

Bargani
Bogut
Bynum
Biedrins
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #27
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Bynum>Biedrins>Bargani>Bogut
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #28
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Bynum>Biedrins>Bargani>Bogut
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #29
craigthomasb
College star

bargnani
biendrins
bogut
bynum
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #30
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

So other than me, is there anyone NOT putting the player on their favourite team at #1?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: