Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Top 7 high school players of 2010-11

The final Scout.com top 7 HS players of 2010-11, with comments from FoxSports:

1. Anthony Davis, Kentucky – A game-changer because of NBA length, can handle the ball like a guard, good shooter from deep, wasn’t even a national name a year ago. Fastest rising prospect the prep game has seen since Tracy McGrady, says Scout.com’s Brian Snow.

2. Austin Rivers, Duke – The best scorer in the class, will fit in perfectly in Duke’s system. The son of Doc Rivers has been raised to be a star. Many believe he could be the best college player in the class of 2011.

3. Quincy Miller, Baylor – Major match-up problem at 6-foot-9. Can shoot from deep, good rebounder, good ball-handler, still very young in his growth as a player.

4. James McAdoo, North Carolina – Daniels said there was discussion to move him to No. 2 overall. Hard to argue that. Great feel for position, mature player, total competitor.

5. Michael Gilchrist, Kentucky – The most versatile player in the class. Total energy guy that should shine with other stars around him. Could emerge as top overall defender in class.

6. Brad Beal, Florida – Terrific scorer with future NBA frame. Smart shooter, long arms, could be a better long term player than Austin Rivers.

7. Marquis Teague, Kentucky – No one faster from end to end in this class than the future Wildcat. He is custom built for John Calipari’s system.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 7 high school players of 2010-11

Pretty accurate in my book, I'm pretty suprised that they're are so many people bitching about how "weak" this class supposedly is, I personally think this class is loaded.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
LilBTheBasedGod

Nope, Austin Rivers is #1
Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
silverbax
I airball my layups

silverbax has an OK reputation so far

I have to agree that Austin Rivers is #1.
silverbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
Pretty accurate in my book, I'm pretty suprised that they're are so many people bitching about how "weak" this class supposedly is, I personally think this class is loaded.

I honestly have heard quite a few people say just how strong and deep this class is. Just looking at Scout's top seven and you can make an argument for almost all seven as the #1 player in the class.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
Nope, Austin Rivers is #1

You and others assume Austin Rivers is #1 in this class because he's the player the media and talking heads have given the most pub to. After seeing some of these kids play I like several other players just as much or more than Rivers: Anthony Davis, Brad Beal and James McAdoo to name a few.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just saw some footage about Gilchrist, and i liked a lot .. seems a very good player.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

I need to see Davis, James and Gilchrist play

Anyone have any footage of him James McAdoo and Michael Gilchrist?
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
I need to see Davis, James and Gilchrist play

Anyone have any footage of him James McAdoo and Michael Gilchrist?

I have Gilchrist playing, but it's in my dvd's .. maybe i'll try to upload in parts on youtube or other site.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

Nice list.

There are alot of certified top level future NCAA, NBA talent (barring injuries) in the 2011 HS class in my mind.

It will be really nice watching as this class adjusts to the college game and see who is ready to ball off the wall come this Fall.

That being said Tony Wroten Jr aka GPS is most definately one of the top 7 players in this current graduating HS class. I don't know how to flip the Politics but when it comes to actual on court in game basketball talent Wroten Jr has just as much as anyone in this class.

Just my 2 cents.lol
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #11
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hoopenstein
Nice list.

There are alot of certified top level future NCAA, NBA talent (barring injuries) in the 2011 HS class in my mind.

It will be really nice watching as this class adjusts to the college game and see who is ready to ball off the wall come this Fall.

That being said Tony Wroten Jr aka GPS is most definately one of the top 7 players in this current graduating HS class. I don't know how to flip the Politics but when it comes to actual on court in game basketball talent Wroten Jr has just as much as anyone in this class.

Just my 2 cents.lol

Yes, and there's absolutely zero bias in this post.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #12
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yes, and there's absolutely zero bias in this post.

Plus, Tony Wroten Jr makes other players around him better an ability not every top level player has in their arsenal.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #13
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, altough he is in the 2012 class, I do believe Shabazz Muhammad (6'6 Lefty SG) is one of the best players in the nation. Hell, I've heard folks say he is the best in the nation. Saw him play this weekend and he's no joke, an extremely smart player and of course has the talent and skillset to go along with it. I think he'll be a #1 pick whenever he decides to go pro
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #14
PoppaHops
I airball my layups

PoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this boardPoppaHops is popular on this board

Austin Rivers over Anthony Davis and it's a good list.
PoppaHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaHops
Austin Rivers over Anthony Davis and it's a good list.

And can you definitively say Austin Rivers is a better prospect than Anthony Davis? Because I can't.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: