Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #226
Iraqnback
I hit open layups

Iraqnback has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: April 27th, Playoffs Round 1, Denver @ OKC Game 5

Can't believe OKC making this a game with their "star power".....if Denver had a "star" this series would've went to 7 with OKC still winning though....
Iraqnback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #227
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Either way, it's BS even if it is a rule that you can put it into the backcourt after calling a timeout, I can understand the rule if you didn't advance it and you called the timeout after a free throw made or something, but the Thunder ADVANCED it, that rule doesn't make any damn sense at all.

George Karl is overrated as a coach in the playoffs, never got it done in 6 years with Melo aside from one good run as a #2 seed. Every game he has had questionable decisions.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #228
Babalu
We want Tacos!

Babalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected poster

the call was the right call on the backcourt, he caught the ball on the line which constitues hes in the backcourt still.

But what I dont understand is how the ref that was at the halfcourt line called it backcourt, but was overruled by the freaking baseline ref sitting under the basket WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT A REPLAY. I mean, wtf how can you make that call from so far away when the other ref is 5 feet away and called it the other way, and then overrule it without seeing a replay. I mean this guy must have some eagle vision. seems a little fishy.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #229
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_itt
I actually don't know the real rule lol but he was in front court, stepped on the back court line while dribbling, stepped back to front court, then stepped on the half line again.

No, he made the catch on the inbound pass with his foot on the halfcourt line, meaning there was not a backcourt violation. He never dribbled the ball nor did he have full possession of the ball in the frontcourt before stepping on the halfcourt line.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #230
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

O man, Im scared to see BOS MIA series...both teams(mainly MIA) fans will be going off times 10 compared to DEN/OKC.

This was a fun series to watch.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #231
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_itt
I actually don't know the real rule lol but he was in front court, stepped on the back court line while dribbling, stepped back to front court, then stepped on the half line again.

No he stepped on the line with his left foot while getting possession of the ball with his right foot in the front court. He took another step with his left foot on the line, his right foot stayed in the front court the whole time but he did not establish himself in the front court.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #232
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
No, he made the catch on the inbound pass with his foot on the halfcourt line, meaning there was not a backcourt violation. He never dribbled the ball nor did he have full possession of the ball in the frontcourt before stepping on the halfcourt line.
See that's what I thought and yes, that would be legal.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #233
opps
Banned

opps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Is the NBA ****ing serious? Like the Thunder is the better team, there going to win the series REGARDLESS. What's the point in giving them stupid homecooking calls. That was back and over, offensive interference etc. So f*cking stupid.

For the record, Denver lost the series themselves. They were pretty bad. Don't deserve to win, regardless of the refs. However so f*cking stupid you have bad calls HELPING a team that's already going to win.

U mad?
opps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #234
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Before: Nuggets lead by like 4 or 5 or whatever
*ate my lunch*
After: Thunder wins 100 - 97
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #235
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just don't understand this at all. Why keep giving the better team, the teams that's going win the calls? like Denver's fighting for a chance from game 1 and the refs just keep on giving it to the Thunder. Why? Let them play fair and let the Thunder win that way.

Denver going to get another NBA apology? Doubt that, 1 critical apology is probably enough for 1 series
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #236
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscutfries
Wow stepping on the line not considered over and back anymore?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I very could be I'm fuzzy on this rule.

But I thought it was the position of the ball for over and back rulings.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #237
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Good game and series, Denver fans.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #238
blaze_itt
Decent playground baller

blaze_itt has an OK reputation so far

ya i'm probably wrong. anyway durant is amazing.. nuggets are definitely a frustrating team though just like i said in the last game thread lol.. every single 4th quarter man.. these guys..
blaze_itt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #239
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Not only was Gallinari their best Durant defender, but he can shoot the deep ball and he makes his free throws. Very perplexing coaching in this series.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #240
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

That was a backcourt...in Denver, refs call it backcourt.

But they were at home, got some home cookin due to Denvers inability to make smart timely plays,and the fans were crazy loud.

you can beat ref homerism with execution adn timely plays. Denver couldnt do it.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: