Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #241
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 27th, Playoffs Round 1, Denver @ OKC Game 5

Stop whining about the call, it was the right call, if you dont know the ****n rules STFU you ignorant *******.
PS: KD IS MOTHER****N CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #242
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Westbrook looked like he was sad.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #243
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Stop whining about the call, it was the right call, if you dont know the ****n rules STFU you ignorant *******.
Your team just won the series, you shouldn't be so mad. I sense some repressed guilt.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #244
blaze_itt
Decent playground baller

blaze_itt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
u make okc fans look bad brah
blaze_itt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #245
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Just don't understand this at all. Why keep giving the better team, the teams that's going win the calls? like Denver's fighting for a chance from game 1 and the refs just keep on giving it to the Thunder. Why? Let them play fair and let the Thunder win that way.

Denver going to get another NBA apology? Doubt that, 1 critical apology is probably enough for 1 series

God, get over it. The right call was made. Durant caught the ball with his foot on the halfcourt line. When inbounding the ball from the sideline you can throw it in the backcourt. It would have been the exact same thing if the Thunder inbounder threw the ball to a teammate down to Denver's free throw line.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #246
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Correct me if I'm wrong because I very could be I'm fuzzy on this rule.

But I thought it was the position of the ball for over and back rulings.
You have to be fully in the frontcourt (ball and feet) before you can't touch the line or go back. So if you catch a pass and you are on the line or even straddling it with 1 in the front court and 1 in the backcourt, you can still go back into the backcourt. But once you fully cross over, you can not go back.

Like I said, I think KD still may have committed a violation depending on when the ref called it.

It sucks to have that taint the series if they did blow another crucial call. Of course, they blow millions of calls throughout the course of the game but late calls will also be put under the magnifying glass.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #247
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Correct me if I'm wrong because I very could be I'm fuzzy on this rule.

But I thought it was the position of the ball for over and back rulings.

You can't go backcourt with possession of the ball, you can inbound it to the backcourt though. Durant caught the ball with his left foot on the line, not a backcourt violation.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #248
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

That call was pretty close, the initial catch looked okay (but they only showed us one angle, and we couldn't see the ball), but he put the ball down in the front court and then stepped on the line again.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #249
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

On replay, that's a good play, he caught in on the line, dribbled and was still on the line. So he never fully established frontcourt position
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #250
Babalu
We want Tacos!

Babalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected posterBabalu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
the call was the right call on the backcourt, he caught the ball on the line which constitues hes in the backcourt still.

But what I dont understand is how the ref that was at the halfcourt line called it backcourt, but was overruled by the freaking baseline ref sitting under the basket WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT A REPLAY. I mean, wtf how can you make that call from so far away when the other ref is 5 feet away and called it the other way, and then overrule it without seeing a replay. I mean this guy must have some eagle vision. seems a little fishy.

THANK YOU CHARLES. He is saying exacly what i'm saying. barkley not afraid to speak out on that BS.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #251
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Charles Barkley just said what everyone is saying in here. Talkin about the refs and the one who overrides it.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #252
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
God, get over it. The right call was made. Durant caught the ball with his foot on the halfcourt line. When inbounding the ball from the sideline you can throw it in the backcourt. It would have been the exact same thing if the Thunder inbounder threw the ball to a teammate down to Denver's free throw line.

You know what's f*cking hilarious? The call on the floor was OVER AND BACK. It got turned over and gave back to OKC. Where the f*ck was the refs turning there calls back in game 1? Oh that's right, never happened. We got an NBA apology instead, yay.

Listen. OKC deserves the win. There the better team. They played better. Denver's own play is what lost the series, NOT THE REFS.

However to completely look past what the refs have done in this series is f*cking laughable. I could give a f*ck what it means for the Nuggets because there own play led them to losing anyways. As an NBA fan? It's completely awful questionable calls helped a team who was better in the first place win.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #253
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was a very stressful game man, I was punching the walls and my desk the whole time, damn Westbrook is gonna give me a heart attack soon I guess...
Kevin Durant and Ibaka saved us tonight again. Durant is incredibly ice cold
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #254
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
You have to be fully in the frontcourt (ball and feet) before you can't touch the line or go back. So if you catch a pass and you are on the line or even straddling it with 1 in the front court and 1 in the backcourt, you can still go back into the backcourt. But once you fully cross over, you can not go back.

Like I said, I think KD still may have committed a violation depending on when the ref called it.

It sucks to have that taint the series if they did blow another crucial call. Of course, they blow millions of calls throughout the course of the game but late calls will also be put under the magnifying glass.

I love that you said that. Even when my Spurs have calls go against them it's hard to be angry or place blame because in about 99% of games the bad calls help BOTH teams out throughout the game.

That's also a good explanation of the rule. I just looked it up and that's a better explanation that that which I read.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #255
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
You know what's f*cking hilarious? The call on the floor was OVER AND BACK. It got turned over and gave back to OKC. Where the f*ck was the refs turning there calls back in game 1? Oh that's right, never happened. We got an NBA apology instead, yay.

Listen. OKC deserves the win. There the better team. They played better. Denver's own play is what lost the series, NOT THE REFS.

However to completely look past what the refs have done in this series is f*cking laughable. I could give a f*ck what it means for the Nuggets because there own play led them to losing anyways. As an NBA fan? It's completely awful questionable calls helped a team who was better in the first place win.
How do you feel about George Karl's coaching?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: