Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #271
crounsa810
National High School Star

Default Re: April 27th, Playoffs Round 1, Denver @ OKC Game 5

Durant needs to not mumble. Sounds bad. Wehadagoodgayeahitwagoodyea"
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #272
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Your a complete joke. I'm far from being a homer. I've said MULTIPLE times OKC was winning, no help from the refs.

Game 1: HUGE offensive interference.
Game 5: Over and back called on the floor.

Guess what? Over and back get's overturned.

Let OKC take Denver out the right way, like what clearly would have. Even if that call goes Denver's way, OKC still wins it probably. Just sucks that has to happen.
Where in my post did I address you as a homer? You are right about game one's bad call, but tonight's controversy is just an offspring of ppl not being clear on the rule.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #273
1_BAD_TIGER
Hate the floppers

This might hurt the Thunder in the long run. When there in the WCF and the calls aren't going there way, how are they going to react? Those calls they got against Denver won't come against LA or San Antone or Dallas. Sometimes it's good to be tested.
1_BAD_TIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #274
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Your a complete joke. I'm far from being a homer. I've said MULTIPLE times OKC was winning, no help from the refs.

Game 1: HUGE offensive interference.
Game 5: Over and back called on the floor.

Guess what? Over and back get's overturned.

Let OKC take Denver out the right way, like what clearly would have. Even if that call goes Denver's way, OKC still wins it probably. Just sucks that has to happen.

They said that if your momentum takes you back then it's legal. Denver played their hearts out and it was a crazy game. I was at the game in section 106 and it was crazy loud. Good series, Denver!!!!!
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #275
crounsa810
National High School Star

Both feet clearly established on this side of the halfcourt line, with the ball in his possession.

crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #276
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

best part is you can't even ask for a step or two because, Felton got that charge without being able to take a step.

OKC = better team winner of the series, regardless.
Denver = keep fighting hard regardless of the outcome
Refs = f*cking a hard faugh serious for BOTH teams. Let OKC deserve the win. No need to put an * on it for 'em.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #277
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

The Nuggets matched up poorly against OKC since Anthony and Billups left, so this is an expectable outcome. They could've played better against Lakers or Mavs though.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #278
donxcore
The Airness

After careful review... Durant's feet were established in front court, Over and back imo. What refs saw... was that he stepped on the line as he caught the ball, resulting in neither being in front court or back court.

Either way, Thunder advances congrats! Lets just see how the thunder deals with the grizzlies. Z-Bo and Gasol, two big players that clog the lane.
donxcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #279
niko
I Run NY.

People need to stop with the ref BS. Denver won one game. It's like the Knicks series. Look at the ends of game 1 and 2, specifically game 1. We got a bunch of bad calls against us. But we won NO games. Denver won ONE game. WE WOULD HAVE WON IF THE REFS NOT CHEATED US AND THESE FIVE CALLS WENT THE OTHER WAY OVER THESE THREE GAMES!

They LOST. OKC was better. Before the series i said it's hard fought within the games, but OKC wins in 4 or 5. Well, it was hard fought but OKC won in four or five. OKC is VERY good. I honestly think if this is Dallas right now Denver is still playing with a chance to knock them out (I said that to). But you don't get to lose 4-1 and say "we were cheated!"
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #280
niko
I Run NY.

BTW, ball and BOTH feet (BOTH) need to be on one side of the line with control, then the person step over the line. That's a backcourt violation. Someone is going to tell me he had control with both feet in the frontcourt and then stepped back?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #281
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
People need to stop with the ref BS. Denver won one game. It's like the Knicks series. Look at the ends of game 1 and 2, specifically game 1. We got a bunch of bad calls against us. But we won NO games. Denver won ONE game. WE WOULD HAVE WON IF THE REFS NOT CHEATED US AND THESE FIVE CALLS WENT THE OTHER WAY OVER THESE THREE GAMES!

They LOST. OKC was better. Before the series i said it's hard fought within the games, but OKC wins in 4 or 5. Well, it was hard fought but OKC won in four or five. OKC is VERY good. I honestly think if this is Dallas right now Denver is still playing with a chance to knock them out (I said that to). But you don't get to lose 4-1 and say "we were cheated!"

Whole point is the refs let the basketball interference slide. They called a back court violoation, and rightfully so. Called it back. Gave the ball to the Thunder.

Denver lost fair and square nobodies denying that. Let's let OKC finish em off not the refs tho. Better team, played better etc. No need for that.

funny thing is we got an NBA apology.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #282
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Whole point is the refs let the basketball interference slide. They called a back court violoation, and rightfully so. Called it back. Gave the ball to the Thunder.

Denver lost fair and square nobodies denying that. Let's let OKC finish em off not the refs tho. Better team, played better etc. No need for that.

funny thing is we got an NBA apology.
Yes, that call was horrific but the officiating that entire game was horrific. That was just the cherry on thie shit officiating sundae. That was the climax of literally one of the worst days of NBA officiating ever.

Look, Denver played balls out, some guys established themselves as total keepers AND got playoff experience to boot, and some guys stamped their ticket out of town and not a moment too soon. If you are in charge who do you keep?

Me, it's Affalo, Nene (if cost effective), Lawson and Gallo are musts if at all possible. Chandler, JR Smith, KMart (i love him but those knees at this age going forward? maybe if he's cheap), Felton (i don't think his presence will help Lawson develop) are not needed.

You?

And Kurple, i have no time to search for an avi but let's just say i was right about OKC winning and you were right about Denver being a tough out and call it a day.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #283
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I don't think the players go hard the way some people on here go hard. Actualy their not giving a shit right now, actually their probably preparing for next year. What happened happened let it be let's go on to the nex series.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #284
niko
I Run NY.

I'm sure it hurts but like anything else, when something bad happens you still need to live your regular life. I remember people getting mad at ARod going out to dinner the night after the season ended last year. Basically, they wanted him home crying.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #285
50inchvertical
College star

I don't like Afflalo. He seems to think he is way better than he is, though give him props for coming back form his hammy injury. But he literally got blocked every time but 1 that he tried to drive, literally Serge was just eating them shitz for dinner. Get your nonathletic arse back on the perimeter.

Even though he had a terrible shooting series (likely tired legs from chasing Durant), I like Chandler. I want the Thunder to try to throw their MLE at him, he'd be a much better version of Thabo. Also, if we have any money left I want to pursue KMart. He's volatile at times, but he knows how to play and he would further cement our frontcourt as just beastly on the defensive end.

Waive Royal Ivey and BJ Mullens. Give Cole Aldrich a few games and if he can't do nothing, bounce. Nate Robinson likely isn't coming back. I want a 3rd pg, especially a taller one who can play alongside Russ so see what Sactown is doing with Marquis Daniels.

Last edited by 50inchvertical : 04-28-2011 at 11:43 AM.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: