Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #46
Oositdwn
Why was he playing?

Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

bulls will sweep if not then in 5 games
Oositdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #47
ATL_Bball_King
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Bulls will win this, wanna said this gonna be easy series but people gonna said I'm big head or sumthin

Anyway I'm not convinced at all with Hawks, their gameplan is inconsistent through 48 minute, shot selection can be so retarded (yeah inb4 someone mentioning Rose)

Josh smith better to stop thinking he's incarnation of Ray Allen or Stojakovic, u're Shawn Marion 2.0 ffs, n then Hawks can have chance to making noise.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfuqbOEqnU"]

Ummmmm....Dont sleep on hawks now...Every else did
ATL_Bball_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #48
trig
Decent college freshman

i predict Hawks losing Game 1. Hilton Armstrong will make a fake shakehands and will steal the ball from Watson with 3 seconds left and try to go for a buzzer beater 3 with them down big
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #49
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

I'm not super confident heading into this series, but then again I wasn't confident going into the Magic series either and look how that turned out.

All I know is that Phillips Arena is a tough place to play in the playoffs and we're going to play the Bulls harder than they or their fans think right now.

At least I hope so lol
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #50
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Hawks can't rebound with Chicago.

How is Atlanta going to score enough points when they're only getting 1 shot?

And if Kirk is out, they have no chance. I don't think he would have a huge impact, but he would definitely show up and play well against his former team.

I'm going with Chicago in 6. Bulls first 2 home games are really important, if they win those 2, I don't see them lossing the series.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #51
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

I thought that the mods had, once again, eliminated one of my threads.

But I'm glad this one is still up.

Last year Michael Gearon (one of the Hawks owners) said that Jason Collins should have played more against the Magic and guarded Dwight Howard. I was like - what? Jason Collins.

He was right.

In this series against the Bulls, the Hawks will have to turn to another guy who didn't get a lot of run this season - Jeff Teague. He got into a lot of games, but he also got a lot of DNPs. In fact against the Magic, I don't think he played more than a few games, if even that.

But he is the best defender on the point that we have. We is lightning fast, high basketball IQ on defense (horrible on offense), works hard, very athletic. He is the only guy we have who can stay in front of Derrick Rose and pressure him for the full length of the court.

He's going to get some minutes, and hopefully a good amount of them.

Captain Kirk is a great defender, but he doesn't have anywhere the foot speed that Teague has.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #52
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

The other key is to beat up on Carlos Boozer.

Enter Jason Collins, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Powell, Hilton Armstrong, Etan Thomas.

No one is going those 5 Hawks of being soft, while we know the Bulls power forward as Carlos Loser.

I can't wait to see Pachulia and Boozer get tangled up.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #53
Maestro33
Decent playground baller

Bulls in 5. They got their mojo back last game. IQ wise they trump the hawks so bad its not even funny.
Maestro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #54
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

Bulls in 5, 6 at the absolute tops. Boozer will average 18/8 and Chicago will start grooving again.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #55
Assassin
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
They should try JJ on Rose
Yeah, but they should also try Jeff Teague on Rose!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #56
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

kirk likely out for the entire series...

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChiBulls/s...07733506469888
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #57
atljonesbro
Decent college freshman

The one great thing i do like about being an ATL sports fan is none of are teams (except the Braves) are ever really expected to win. Were always the underdogs. Now this forum being dominated by ignorant people and Bulls fans (not saying Bulls fans are ignorant, just people in general), it would be extremly difficult to defend why I think the Hawks can win. Also with complete idiots who want to come in and say the Hawks are just so bad and not have any reasoning to back it up makes it hard as well. The Magic were suppose to be a top team, what does that make them after the last series? I really hope the Hawks win this series, because they'll still have people hating on them and people still praising the Bulls. Beating the Magic quite comfortably actually, a team we apparently had 0 chance of beating, and still no respect.
atljonesbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #58
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
The one great thing i do like about being an ATL sports fan is none of are teams (except the Braves) are ever really expected to win. Were always the underdogs. Now this forum being dominated by ignorant people and Bulls fans (not saying Bulls fans are ignorant, just people in general), it would be extremly difficult to defend why I think the Hawks can win. Also with complete idiots who want to come in and say the Hawks are just so bad and not have any reasoning to back it up makes it hard as well. The Magic were suppose to be a top team, what does that make them after the last series? I really hope the Hawks win this series, because they'll still have people hating on them and people still praising the Bulls. Beating the Magic quite comfortably actually, a team we apparently had 0 chance of beating, and still no respect.

You do realize that almost NO ONE, analyst or fan, is picking the Bulls to beat the Heat or Celtics if the Bulls get past the Hawks. The Bulls may be favored against the Hawks but all the talk after that is Miami or Boston.

Bulls have a chip on their shoulder much like the Hawks. However I think the Bulls get disrespected even more than the Hawks seeing as we won almost 20 more games than the Hawks and finished with the best record yet no one is picking the Bulls to come out of the East and definitely not to win the title.

Last thing, especially for Hawks fans to read.....

We are not the Orlando Magic. The Bulls and Hawks are very comparable when it comes from a pure talent perspective. However the Bulls are better coached, have a much deeper bench, play with more intensity and focus, and everybodies role is carbon clear, and oh yeah, we have the MVP of the league(Jeff teague can't guard Rose, sorry y'all.)

Most importantly, the Bulls will not take the Hawks lightly like the Magic did. The Bulls are one of the few teams that plays hard every night. Thibs is IMO the best game planner and in game adjuster I have seen this season. The Bulls have respect for the Hawks and don't expect to just walk all over them like Jameer and the Magic thought.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #59
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Bulls in 5, 6 at the absolute tops. Boozer will average 18/8 and Chicago will start grooving again.

Over the last 3 years Boozer is averaging well under 10 ppg against the Hawks. Smith owns him and Boozer has been playing like crap lately. Not sure where you are coming up with this bizarre prediction.
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #60
Harion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
The other key is to beat up on Carlos Boozer.

Enter Jason Collins, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Powell, Hilton Armstrong, Etan Thomas.

No one is going those 5 Hawks of being soft, while we know the Bulls power forward as Carlos Loser.

I can't wait to see Pachulia and Boozer get tangled up.
i lold at Carlos Loser
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: