Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #61
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Kirks out for series. I assume Jeff Teague will get the starting job.
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #62
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
Really? that sucks, everything I've read is just he's doubtful for game 1.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #63
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So this reminds me: Boozer averaged what 12? against the Pacers?
His career averages against J-smoov are shit at best
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3&p2=boozeca01

And well he did do well against KG I guess, the last time they played, but I don't think that's worth it. Seriously, Boozer is going to be the reason the Bulls NEVER win. Or if they do, it'll take ALOT of luck(some of which has already happened) And basically everyone else going insane.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Does suck if Kirk's out. I can already hear all the talk if/when Rose goes off. "No Kirk so....". Oh well, not to be arrogant, but Atlanta never had a shot in this series IMO. They are an erratic offensive team that team that will play right into Chicago's dominant defense. I expect a 5 game series max, and my only HOPE is to see Boozer gain some confidence going into the ECF. That's what the goal should be besides winning - getting Boozer going. Bulls will not be able to beat Boston with Rose as the lone scoring option.
Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #65
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Anthony

Teague blows. I am not sure if he is even an NBA calibur player. Unfortunately he is the only guy left on the roster who has even a remote chance of staying in front of Rose.

Looks like the Hawks string of 2nd round blowout losses will continue.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #66
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
So this reminds me: Boozer averaged what 12? against the Pacers?
His career averages against J-smoov are shit at best
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3&p2=boozeca01

And well he did do well against KG I guess, the last time they played, but I don't think that's worth it. Seriously, Boozer is going to be the reason the Bulls NEVER win. Or if they do, it'll take ALOT of luck(some of which has already happened) And basically everyone else going insane.

Back in 2007 the Hawks put a rookie Horford on Boozer both games and Boozer got off. Since then Smith has been guarding him and Boozer hasn't done anything.

Not that it really matters though.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #67
J-Futuristic
Suck a Duck

J-Futuristic has decent reputationJ-Futuristic has decent reputation

We have to rely on Jeff Teague. When he's on offense its basically 4 on 5 the other PG doesn't even respect him enough to guard him.
J-Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #68
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

I've read that Kirk is just doubtful for game 1?

I'm assuming he still has a shot to play later in the series. Regardless, ATL without a healthy Kirk isn't going to help their chances guarding Rose or winning the series. Big blow.

And thanks Kirk, always knew you were still a Chicago fan.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #69
krazymofo
Lurkin since '06

krazymofo has decent reputationkrazymofo has decent reputation

zzzz nobody is gonna be watching this series.. Atlanta 4-1
krazymofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #70
allabouthawks
Human highlight

allabouthawks has an OK reputation so far

evryone hates on the hawks this year could be diffrent if kirk cant play id love to see teague get more minutes on rose cos of his speed

i wonder if we will see collins again or horford back to C

and jj might be able to hit a shot without dwight throwing them back Lol
allabouthawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #71
Goffer3
Butter Knives

Goffer3 has an OK reputation so far

Hinrich is only a strain hows he out for the series?
Goffer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #72
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bulls in 5
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #73
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
Bulls in 5

That seems about right,
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #74
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's going to be tough with Captain Kirk out.
Jeff Teague will probably start, but also we'll see Damian Wilkens get some run with the Hawks going with a bigger lineup.
Jamal Crawford will get some minutes against Rose, and we might even see Marvin Williams get some minutes guarding Rose.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #75
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

I think, but not sure at all, that Teague will start on Rose, but down the stretch Joe and Damien Wilkins will take turns guarding Rose and just try to make life a little difficult with their size.

Cause man, I'll be honest, there is no stopping DRose we just have to limit him as much as possible.. The Hawks are left with one point guard on the roster and it's Jeff Teague. Playing time has been very limited, but he definitely showed some improvement towards the end of the season. It'll truly take an amazing effort out of us. Hopefully Marvin/Josh can play better then they did vs the Magic cause we will need them.

As a Hawks fan I want to say Hawks in 6 or 7, but after I watch game 1 i'll have a better evaluation. Wouldn't be surprised if Bulls in 5 or 6 though.
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: