Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #76
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood
 
(e)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,673
(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabouthawks
evryone hates on the hawks this year could be diffrent if kirk cant play id love to see teague get more minutes on rose cos of his speed

i wonder if we will see collins again or horford back to C

and jj might be able to hit a shot without dwight throwing them back Lol

Size/strength is going to be the only way to slow Rose down. I would bet Joe Johnson spends more time on Rose than Teague. Put Teague on Bogans.

But, I would gladly take a Rose v Teague matchup. Rose would dominate.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #77
Tlova
Great young streetballer
 
Tlova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Tlova is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Size/strength is going to be the only way to slow Rose down. I would bet Joe Johnson spends more time on Rose than Teague. Put Teague on Bogans.

But, I would gladly take a Rose v Teague matchup. Rose would dominate.
This. Bulls in 5, 6 if Jamal Crawford and JJ show up. But Boozer is going to get raped by smith and Horford
Tlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #78
Gotterdammerung
God-killer
 
Gotterdammerung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,370
Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Atlanta must take advantage of their athleticism to play chest to chest defense, create turnovers and score in transition to avoid the Bulls' halfcourt defense. Thus the game must be uptempo.

Chicago plays harder and smarter than the Hawks, and their big men will control the inside on offense & defense while Rose wreaks havoc with dribble drives and kick out passes.

The Hawks are on the whole more talented than the Bulls, but the Bulls have Derrick Rose, i.e., the best player in the series, and they play with far more determination and discipline, thanks to Coach Tibs.
Bulls in 5
Gotterdammerung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #79
trig
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,817
trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

If ATL decides to just chuck it from 3, bulls in 5.

I'm guessing ATL will do a lot of things Indy did. Almost the same kind of personnel with better talent and athleticism and they have a couple of clutch players. but who will get the paul george role?

Collison - teague
George - MarvinW?
Granger - JJ
Tyler - Josh
Hibbert - Horford
MikeD - Crawford
Foster/mcroberts - Zaza/collins
trig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #80
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 16,827
Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

go Bulls
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #81
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,652
ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

You would think that the Hawks have to start Teague. Crawford will let Rose go for 50 or 60 points. Plus, starting Crawford will weaken their bench. Teague has to be the choice but Atlanta Head Coach said he is going by "feel." So there is no logic in that.

Hoop$hype said that this is a bad match up for the Bulls and that the Magic would have been a better match up. I wanted the Hawks all along because they are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA and everyone knows that the Chicago Bulls are the best rebounding team there is. Plus, the Hawks have nothing close to Collison and the Hawks' bigs won't be as physical as Indiana's bigs, like Jeff Foster, were. I think the Bulls can sweep.

Oh, and by the way, Boozer is going to have a great series. It's perfectly natural to knock him after he had a bad series and injury but Boozer isn't going to stay at that level throughout the postseason. Each series is different with different match ups. I like Boozer against ATL just like I like Rose against ATL. It's going to be a fun series. Go Bulls!!!
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #82
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,885
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
You would think that the Hawks have to start Teague. Crawford will let Rose go for 50 or 60 points. Plus, starting Crawford will weaken their bench. Teague has to be the choice but Atlanta Head Coach said he is going by "feel." So there is no logic in that.

Hoop$hype said that this is a bad match up for the Bulls and that the Magic would have been a better match up. I wanted the Hawks all along because they are one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA and everyone knows that the Chicago Bulls are the best rebounding team there is. Plus, the Hawks have nothing close to Collison and the Hawks' bigs won't be as physical as Indiana's bigs, like Jeff Foster, were. I think the Bulls can sweep.

Oh, and by the way, Boozer is going to have a great series. It's perfectly natural to knock him after he had a bad series and injury but Boozer isn't going to stay at that level throughout the postseason. Each series is different with different match ups. I like Boozer against ATL just like I like Rose against ATL. It's going to be a fun series. Go Bulls!!!


Boozer hasn't had a good game against Atlanta since 2007/08 and that was only because they put a rookie on him. I am not sure what you are seeing in terms of matchups.

Obviously Rose is going to have his way but Boozer? I don't see it.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #83
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,652
ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

That 07/08 mark isn't that impressive when you consider he was in the other conference until this season and then you realize Boozer missed games against ATL this season too.

I just think ATL's bigs are soft compared to Indiana's.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #84
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,335
DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
That 07/08 mark isn't that impressive when you consider he was in the other conference until this season and then you realize Boozer missed games against ATL this season too.

I just think ATL's bigs are soft compared to Indiana's.

ATL doesnt have any one as soft as Roy Hibbert.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #85
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,652
ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
ATL doesnt have any one as soft as Roy Hibbert.

At least Hibbert can rebound and block shots plus he's over 7 feet tall. ATL doesn't have anyone like Jeff Foster. There is no one that will make Rose think twice about driving the paint on. That's why I am glad the Bulls got ATL instead of Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic plus the huge rebounding disparity.

If the Hawks start Horford at Center, the Bulls will probably out-rebound the Hawks by 15-20 boards per game and Rose will average 15-20 Free throw attempts as well. The Hawks are small. They finished 28th in the NBA, out of 30 teams, when it comes to rebounding. You can't change their roster now and try to prop it up to make it look more intimidating than what it is. The Hawks are what the Hawks are. And now they are weaker without Hinirch. And Hinrich is someone Bulls fan know better than any other fan base. Captain Kirk can guard any perimeter position and do it well. He will be missed.

Hinrich has a ton of big game and playoff experience. Teague...what is this is his 1st postseason start? The guy played 7 total minutes in the entire last series and he got 90% of those minutes in the Game 5 blowout.

Teague can't finish around the rim, much like Westbrook. But that is the only thing Teague has in common with Westbrook. I can see Drew starting Teague but pulling him after 5 or 6 minutes and then going with Crawford the rest of the way.

If there was ever a series where Derrick Rose drops 50 points in 1 game, it is this series. I am thinking it will come in the game after he gets his Most Valuable Player award (so Game 2) but it could come tonight.

Last edited by ReturnofJPR : 05-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #86
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,885
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
That 07/08 mark isn't that impressive when you consider he was in the other conference until this season and then you realize Boozer missed games against ATL this season too.

I just think ATL's bigs are soft compared to Indiana's.


In his last 6 games against Atlanta Boozer is averaging 8.3 ppg shooting under 44%. 2006 was Smith's first year playing the 4 and Boozer had only 13 then. Smith has always owned him.

The only time Boozer has had any luck in recent years was when Horford was guarding him as a rookie.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #87
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,652
ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
In his last 6 games against Atlanta Boozer is averaging 8.3 ppg shooting under 44%. 2006 was Smith's first year playing the 4 and Boozer had only 13 then. Smith has always owned him.

The only time Boozer has had any luck in recent years was when Horford was guarding him as a rookie.

Thanks for doing the research. We will see how Boozer responds, if at all.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #88
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please
 
hawksdogsbraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,480
hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Which of our bigs are soft again? Horford? Pachulia? I guess J-Smoove isn't super physical but I wouldn't classify him as 'soft'.

And why would Boozer dominate us? Tontoz provides the stats that debunk the theory that he will own us for some reason.

I swear you Bulls fans just pull things out of your asses, there seems to be no reason or evidence to back up anything you say most of the time.

That being said I see us losing in 6. Maybe 5 or even a sweep depending if Hinrich can't come back or if we just give up as we are prone to do.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #89
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13
 
ReturnofJPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mirotic enters Chicago in 2014
Posts: 2,652
ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Which of our bigs are soft again? Horford? Pachulia? I guess J-Smoove isn't super physical but I wouldn't classify him as 'soft'.

And why would Boozer dominate us? Tontoz provides the stats that debunk the theory that he will own us for some reason.

I swear you Bulls fans just pull things out of your asses, there seems to be no reason or evidence to back up anything you say most of the time.

That being said I see us losing in 6. Maybe 5 or even a sweep depending if Hinrich can't come back or if we just give up as we are prone to do.

Exactly. So quit your b!tching.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #90
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 32,335
DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
At least Hibbert can rebound and block shots plus he's over 7 feet tall. ATL doesn't have anyone like Jeff Foster. There is no one that will make Rose think twice about driving the paint on. That's why I am glad the Bulls got ATL instead of Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic plus the huge rebounding disparity.

If the Hawks start Horford at Center, the Bulls will probably out-rebound the Hawks by 15-20 boards per game and Rose will average 15-20 Free throw attempts as well. The Hawks are small. They finished 28th in the NBA, out of 30 teams, when it comes to rebounding. You can't change their roster now and try to prop it up to make it look more intimidating than what it is. The Hawks are what the Hawks are. And now they are weaker without Hinirch. And Hinrich is someone Bulls fan know better than any other fan base. Captain Kirk can guard any perimeter position and do it well. He will be missed.

Hinrich has a ton of big game and playoff experience. Teague...what is this is his 1st postseason start? The guy played 7 total minutes in the entire last series and he got 90% of those minutes in the Game 5 blowout.

Teague can't finish around the rim, much like Westbrook. But that is the only thing Teague has in common with Westbrook. I can see Drew starting Teague but pulling him after 5 or 6 minutes and then going with Crawford the rest of the way.

If there was ever a series where Derrick Rose drops 50 points in 1 game, it is this series. I am thinking it will come in the game after he gets his Most Valuable Player award (so Game 2) but it could come tonight.

Zaza is not only the same but is much better than Jeff Foster.

i agree the loss of Hinrich (maybe for the first 2 games from what i am hearing will hurt the Hawks) but i think they will surprise you. The Bulls were not that impressive in the first round and yet the Hawks were, actually it had to do with orlando imploding a bit more but the Hawks are a solid team because they are much more experienced in the playoffs than the bulls are.

im not expecting teague to start. he doesnt deserve to start. Crawford will start and will see lots of playing time. I also expect Marvin to guard Rose. except for the Rose/Deng matchup and probably the Bench matchup, every other matchup kind of favors the Hawks. its not that lopsided as you think it may be. it will be a hard fought series.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy