Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
TMacYaoRockets
Kids at the park dunk on me

TMacYaoRockets has no real reputation yet.
Default Nike's Top Designer Hates LeBron's Entourage

Quote:
LeBron and Entourage a bad fit with Nike Top Designer

Tinker Hatfield is the Michael Jordan of designers at Nike, a legend in the shoe design field.

He also, apparently, is not a fan of LeBron James’ associates.

Hatfield rarely does interviews and guards his secrets closely. But he did a private appearance at a Miami shoe store last week in which he took some questions from customers. During the session, which was recorded and posted on YouTube, Hatfield said he stopped personally developing James’ signature shoes because he didn’t like dealing with those around James.

“I don’t like working with LeBron’s entourage,” Hatfield said. “It’s too many people, too many ideas, too many opinions.”

It is the second time in the last six months Hatfield has publicly taken a shot at James various friends and managers. During a similar event last October in Santa Monica, Calif., Hatfield told a group of listeners at a shoe store that “I used to work on LeBron’s, until his entourage kind of pissed me off.”

Hatfield was the main designer on the first generations of James’ shoes, starting in 2003. But according to sources, in 2008 he stopped working with him to focus working on Kobe Bryant’s shoes and the Jordan Brand. In the meantime, Hatfield said last week that James’ products have “suffered a little bit” and “hasn’t done as well as the Kobe stuff.”

“[Working with Bryant] one guy comes into the room with him and he has ideas and is very forward thinking and is smart about what he needs to do, what he thinks he needs to do to be a better player,” Hatfield said last week.

“LeBron is a great guy, I really like him, but when he comes into the room and he’s got like eight other guys saying things. That is one reason why the LeBron stuff, even though it does OK, it isn’t quite as exciting to me as the Kobe stuff or what we’ve done with the Jordan Brand.”

James signed a new long-term contract with Nike last season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...-nike-designer

Does he want LeBron to stop listening to his friends? They're his friends. What should he do?
TMacYaoRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nike's Top Designer Hates LeBron's Entourage

Lebron's friends should shut up in a professional meeting so the man can do his job. Even better, just leave them in the lobby.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacYaoRockets
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...-nike-designer

Does he want LeBron to stop listening to his friends? They're his friends. What should he do?

should he just stop making shoes? should he sign new shoes? should he STOP WEARING SHOES?
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

What should i do? Should I admit that I can't tie my laces? Should I tell you my boys don't like the squeaky sound my shoes make? Should I wear my socks on the outside? Should I put away my designs that I did with my shiny new crayons? Do you think they know I ate the red crayon? Should I go to the bathroom to make sure I don't have crayon stuck in my teeth? What should I do?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just a case of too many chiefs in the kitchen.

LeBron needs to drop some extra baggage IMO when it comes to business.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
hammer2010
Good High School Starter

hammer2010 has an OK reputation so far

LeBron needs to get rid of the dead weight and bring in some smart business people. Obviously the people around him don't fit that description. And as for people saying that 'oh people will try to take advantage of him, he needs to stick with people he trusts.' I think once you reach a certain level of success in the business world that goes out the window as the best financially viable decisions for all involved are those that also benefit LeBron the most.
hammer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Lebron's sneakers haven't been any good since the LeBron 2. They're all heavy and clunky now. Can't stand it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Lebron's sneakers haven't been any good since the LeBron 2. They're all heavy and clunky now. Can't stand it.

The 4 & 5 are my favorites for playing in. Yeah a little heavier, but great support, especially in the ankles of the 4.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
MostHated305
Heat Nation!

MostHated305 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I have a pair of 2's. Worn them for about 7 years now and they have held up incredibly. Very solid construction....
MostHated305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
The 4 & 5 are my favorites for playing in. Yeah a little heavier, but great support, especially in the ankles of the 4.

The 4s were way too heavy for me. I felt weighed down when I had a pair. Had to go back to my 2k5s. Haven't bought a pair of LeBrons since. I thought the 5s were ugly as well as pretty heavy.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
MagicBlaze
I airball my layups

MagicBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2010
should he just stop making shoes? should he sign new shoes? should he STOP WEARING SHOES?

lmao
MagicBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostHated305
I have a pair of 2's. Worn them for about 7 years now and they have held up incredibly. Very solid construction....

Yeah, I bought 2 pairs of the 2s. The black/red which I balled in and the blue/grey which I keep for my collection. The 2s were like a sock, fit so comfortably, had great games in and they were pretty. But everything after has been either ugly or too heavy.

The LeBron 1s/Air Zoom Generations were also great. I still ball in them when I play outdoors. Solid sneakers.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like the new Bron 8's not for playing though.....
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #14
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The 4s were way too heavy for me. I felt weighed down when I had a pair. Had to go back to my 2k5s. Haven't bought a pair of LeBrons since. I thought the 5s were ugly as well as pretty heavy.

Sorry I f*cked up....I meant the 5's & 6's, I've never had fours.

The FIVES are great for ankle support...I'm not huge into LeBrons I just have those pairs to play ball in.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lebron needs to leave his stupid, uncultured, GHETTO friends in the muthaphuckin lobby.

There, somebody had to say it.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: