Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
But now what's happening is, there is only one voice that america wants to hear now. And that's the voice of the coon. The charicature of the black man at his worst. The savage, gun totin' ****** who sells drugs and kills other ******s and brags about it.

yea agree

Quote:
Mainstream rap has really become Sambo Rap, which is why most of it is garbage. No difference between it and the minstrel shows of 60 years ago. White people just looooooooove the "thug" black man talking about smacking his bytches, shooting n!ggas and other community destroying acts.

Because of record company/MTV brainwashing from the past 10+ years, your average suburban white hip hop "fan" doesn't want to listen to any black men that might be talking about stuff of SUBSTANCE. They want the 50s, the Jeezys the Yin Yang Twins, the L'il Jons, etc.

Black men who are intelligent, non violent and non mysoginistic are boring after all.

Its not about just white people. Black people love it just as much. And just like some blacks frown upon it, so do some whites. Cant target a specific racial group because Young Jeezy makes music for the streets and he is implying the urban community folks who can relate and possibly have lived or continue to live the lifestyle he once did before he started doing music. Young Jeezy goes platinum, has albums called classic, has some of his peers saying they respect him, he is a real artists, he gangsta at the hands of black folks as well. The whole throwing out white consumers make up this % of record sales is cute. But when Young Jeezy does shows, when he caters to an audience and makes music it isnt for white suburban kids.

You cant overlook or not factor in the black folks who love Young Jeezy. Who love wearing his Snowman shirts. Who think he is a great rapper, emcee because he has street credibility. Cant overlook the black people in the hood who bump his music with a passion. You can speak on "fans in general" but to isolate a specific group is offbase and gives others a pass because they support that artists and enjoy listening to thier music just as much.

I had an argument with black people who said Lupe Fiasco album was garbage, the beats were wack. His music was boring. They lived in the South. They claimed Young Jeezy made better music blah blah blah. They got real emotional when i dissed, clowned and showed them how Young Jeezy is not an emcee. And is incapable of ever being one. But they loved him and hated a real emcee (Lupe).

Last edited by GOBB : 12-31-2006 at 03:20 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #17
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

What's on the radio? Propaganda, mind control
And turnin it on is like puttin on a blind fold
Cause when you bringin it real you don't get rotation
Unless you take over the station
And yeah I know it's part of they plans
To make us think it's all about party and dance
And yo it might sound good when yo spittin you rap
But in reality don't nobody live like that
You wanna know what kinda n***a I am
let me tell you bit the n***a I'm not
I don't f**k with the cops
Platinum don't me that it gotta be hot
I ain't gotta love it even if they play it a lot
You can hear it when you walk the streets
How many people they reach
How they use music to teach
A radio program ain't a figure of speech
Don't sleep, cause you could be a radio freq

--------------------------------------

that says it all...see also, "It's Still Bigger Than Hip-Hop"

The movies in the theatre making the most money do not define the movie-making industry. Titanic and Spiderman are not the benchmark for making a great movie. Young Jeezy and 50 Cent do not define hip-hop. They are only products of an equation to making money.

When Rakim and KRS were doing their thing, there were other "hip-hop acts" doing better commercially. "By All Means Necessary" only got up to #75 on the billboard chart. "Paid in Full" only got to #58. This was around the same time when Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince got up to #4, and Salt-n-Pepa were at #26 behind a track named "Push It".

Everyone wants to act like something new has been happening in hip-hop with commercial acts getting all the play, but that's been going on for twenty years. For every Public Enemy there's been a Young MC or Fat Boys. As long as The Roots and Jeezy are on the shelf at Best Buy, I'll keep picking up The Roots' latest and passing over Jeezy telling me the best way to sell crack.
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

as long as Gucci Mane is still doing it, hip hop will never die
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytalarino
What's on the radio? Propaganda, mind control
And turnin it on is like puttin on a blind fold
Cause when you bringin it real you don't get rotation
Unless you take over the station
And yeah I know it's part of they plans
To make us think it's all about party and dance
And yo it might sound good when yo spittin you rap
But in reality don't nobody live like that
You wanna know what kinda n***a I am
let me tell you bit the n***a I'm not
I don't f**k with the cops
Platinum don't me that it gotta be hot
I ain't gotta love it even if they play it a lot
You can hear it when you walk the streets
How many people they reach
How they use music to teach
A radio program ain't a figure of speech
Don't sleep, cause you could be a radio freq

--------------------------------------

that says it all...see also, "It's Still Bigger Than Hip-Hop"

The movies in the theatre making the most money do not define the movie-making industry. Titanic and Spiderman are not the benchmark for making a great movie. Young Jeezy and 50 Cent do not define hip-hop. They are only products of an equation to making money.

When Rakim and KRS were doing their thing, there were other "hip-hop acts" doing better commercially. "By All Means Necessary" only got up to #75 on the billboard chart. "Paid in Full" only got to #58. This was around the same time when Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince got up to #4, and Salt-n-Pepa were at #26 behind a track named "Push It".

Everyone wants to act like something new has been happening in hip-hop with commercial acts getting all the play, but that's been going on for twenty years. For every Public Enemy there's been a Young MC or Fat Boys. As long as The Roots and Jeezy are on the shelf at Best Buy, I'll keep picking up The Roots' latest and passing over Jeezy telling me the best way to sell crack.

The problem now is Young Jeezy floods tv, radios and is heavily promoted. Back then Young MC didnt get anymore play than Rakim. In fact you heard and saw (videos) Rakim more than Young MC. The artists you mentioned in the past? Collectively were out there...companies, radio stations didnt push Young MC on no one. I dont ever recall hearing Young MC much on the radio. Young Jeezy can be heard on 3 radio stations both playing his song at the same time. And you can hear his song repeated throughout the day.

There is the difference. Radio stations are being told what to play. DJs are told and have to follow a script like a school teacher has to follow a BS ass curriculumn when you can create your own curriculumn beneficial to kids or play the music as a DJ the people need to hear. So no there is a difference with the scenerio you showed back then and today. Young MC was a 1 hit wonder. Young Jeezy isnt. Fresh Prince, Rakim, Krs One, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap could all survive dropping songs the same time. Some didnt like Fresh Prince but you werent force fed his music and had options that were played on tv, on radios. All these artists were promoted...not one artists being forced. Companies puting Fresh Prince posters over the other artists.

The difference from now and today.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
as long as Gucci Mane is still doing it, hip hop will never die

No one is laughing. No one thinks you are funny. And outside of this reply I'm the only one who is commenting on your lame sarcastic replies using Gucci Man. You have been posting on him, copying/pasting lyrics, trying to provoke and spark an arguments using him even maskin the mofo sarcasm in your posts and it falls on deaf ears. Blinds to the eyes of posters here. Give it up, move on and find a new artists you can use as bait to toy around with to draw responses/reactions from. The Gucci Mane bit isnt it.

Every hip hop related thread, music thread in general you find it your stage to throw this Dane Cook act. Not funny.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:01 PM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

whose being sarcastic?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:04 PM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

and its gucci MANE you whore. who is gucci man? MANE like a lion
Old 12-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

Gee's depressed cause he has no one to hang with on new years...explains this pointless gibberish.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Gee's depressed cause half of his college applications are due in 2 days and he just started yesterday.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:38 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Gee's depressed cause half of his college applications are due in 2 days and he just started yesterday.

Remember you're bright with a future ahead of you. Majority of the kids your age aint on your level. You're a Mensa member. You'll get over it.

:rollingeyes:
Old 12-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Gee's depressed cause he has no one to hang with on new years...explains this pointless gibberish.

The last 5yrs he didnt have anyone to hang out with. Should be normal now. Guess not. Give it 3more years i guess.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
College is not for everyone. There's some openings in the armed forces.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #28
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Remember you're bright with a future ahead of you. Majority of the kids your age aint on your level. You're a Mensa member. You'll get over it.
No one is laughing. No one thinks you are funny. And outside of this reply I'm the only one who is commenting on your lame sarcastic replies using geeWiz smarts. You have been posting on him, copying/pasting Tmacs jokes, trying to provoke and spark an arguments using him even maskin the mofo sarcasm in your posts and it falls on deaf ears. Blinds to the eyes of posters here. Give it up, move on and find a new poster you can whine about to draw responses/reactions from. The geeWiz bit isnt it.

Every thread, you find it your stage to throw this bitter old man rant act. Not funny.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
College is not for everyone. There's some openings in the armed forces.
dont you need physical strength and mental discipline and some degree of patriotism?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default .

and maybe Gee will come back with no arms to type with.

i'd leave at that, but i feel OSA will not like that comment so....j/k?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: