Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
DetroitPistonFan
High school junior varsity star

DetroitPistonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do the Lakers have any real shot at Howard? If not, then WHO DOES?

I don't think the Lakers will go after Dwight unless they lose in the Finals.
DetroitPistonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

What the Lakers REALLY NEED is a point guard.....CP3 would make championships a lock......but there are tons of guys who would be a big upgrade to our old tough warrior DFish.

Showtime Lakers 2.0?

Paul
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

SICK!
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

only way the lakers completely win trading for dwight howard is if pau gasol is the center piece of the trade and odom, bynum and kobe are not included. however bynum str8 up for dwight howard does make u wanna say hmmmm...neither scenario is likely. also does landing dwight howard this summer make phil reconsider his options?

also if the lakers pulled the trigger on such a trade by june 30th, they can use sasha's trade exception and maybe trade, artest/bynum/$5million trade exception/filler for dwight howard/gilbert arenas..i know i'm bad at this, but hey whatever.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 04-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
Nobler
The Noble

Nobler has decent reputation

Quote:
Other than better health, I wouldn't want Dwight over Bynum.
Dwight is not a skilled player, doesn't have range, no footwork.
He's highly overrated because of the complete lack of centers.
His numbers are poor for being the focal point of the offense and getting the most touches........if you swapped out Byunm and Dwight and gave them the touches the other was getting the numbers would be identical.
Dwight would still be the 3rd option on this Lakers team........the only issue is how are Bynum's knees going to hold up.

What the Lakers REALLY NEED is a point guard.....CP3 would make championships a lock......but there are tons of guys who would be a big upgrade to our old tough warrior DFish.

You've lost your mind
Nobler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected poster

I think if the Lakers gave up Bynum/Odom/Walton or Brown they could land him, at least I think they could.
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #21
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPistonFan
I don't think the Lakers will go after Dwight unless they lose in the Finals.

Win or lose Lakers need to make moves.

1.Mitch, Magic among others have made it clear that the team will eventually need some changes because every team loses motivation once you've been that successful.

2. And i'm sure they know that they can't depend on Bynum t win championships.

3. I think this is the year they make that switch. kinda like 2nd 3peat Bulls same core players but different players around them.

4. Phil won't be their coach anymore so a new era will emerge.

5. Kobe and Buss really don't like the triangle. They like more exiting basketball. I'm sure Buss will love to have a similar showtime Laker squad. Kobe even wanted coach K to coach the Lakers for that exact same reason.

D-Will or Paul will be great and give the Lakers more runs!
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #22
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would he want to go to the Lakers and play with an 34 year old Kobe Bryant and team not coached by Phil Jackson, when he can go to Brooklyn and play with D-Will, who is still in his prime?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

the Lakers always have a shot at anyone they want. they laugh at luxury taxes and salary caps. i'm thinking they will be willing to take on Arenas and Turkoglu, give up Bynum, Odom, plus picks for Dwight.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
5. Kobe and Buss really don't like the triangle. They like more exiting basketball. I'm sure Buss will love to have a similar showtime Laker squad. Kobe even wanted coach K to coach the Lakers for that exact same reason.

D-Will or Paul will be great and give the Lakers more runs!

no offense, but 5 championships, 7 finals appearances and kobe nearing the end of the road says who gives a fck what they think. i think if the lakers make a massive move to improve the lakers squad (which is a real reach)...phil jackson seriously considers returning to coach the la lakers.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #25
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Other than better health, I wouldn't want Dwight over Bynum.
Dwight is not a skilled player, doesn't have range, no footwork.
He's highly overrated because of the complete lack of centers.
His numbers are poor for being the focal point of the offense and getting the most touches........if you swapped out Byunm and Dwight and gave them the touches the other was getting the numbers would be identical.
Dwight would still be the 3rd option on this Lakers team........the only issue is how are Bynum's knees going to hold up.

Thousand page BUMP :

Isn't it ironic how perception of posters saw and invisioned back in 2011 what may happen to Howard and CP3
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: