Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Portland and Greg Oden

Quote:
Greg Oden will be a restricted free agent during this offseason and the Blazers are almost certain to extend the qualifying offer.

But there are also reports that the Blazers may make a four-year, $40 million offer.

"The way I look at it," he said, "is that it's not their move. It's my move. Everyone says it's their move. I think it's my move."

There is inherent risk in offering long-term money, but it could prove to be a below market contract if Oden remains healthy.

As one Eastern Conference executive put it on Friday, "If you know Oden is a 1-in-20 shot to come back and be a factor, you have to take it. Because not signing him, you have a 0-in-20 shot of being there if he does.

"Still, $40 mil makes you think."

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
PHaYze
Banned

PHaYze has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Portland and Greg Oden

Even healthy, Oden sucks.
PHaYze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So let me get this straight...dude is OUTRAGEOUSLY unproven at this point, and seriously injury prone....

So, they offer him four years at 40 million? Are they fu*king insane?
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

this is like putting cash down on a high risk investment with high rewards if it pans out. i don't know what to say. however, $40 million / 4 years is an awful lot of money for him.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

1 in 20 is terrible odds. I hope Oden has better chance than that.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
So let me get this straight...dude is OUTRAGEOUSLY unproven at this point, and seriously injury prone....

So, they offer him four years at 40 million? Are they fu*king insane?
Not sure on the money, but I do know they said they would offer to resign him as long as his recovery is on point.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont see why Portland would offer this. I dont buy these "reports". bogus imo

Any Blazers fans keeping up on news heard these reports as well?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHaYze
11 9 2 blocks 60% fg in 24 minutes
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHaYze

no, he's actually really good.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

greg oden is even luckier than lewis and gilbert. At least they play for their money oden just sits and gets millions.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
1 in 20 is terrible odds. I hope Oden has better chance than that.
Well he recovered perfectly fine from his first injury and if recovers from this one and stays healthy at worst he's a top 5 center. I hope he didn't lose any athleticism because that will be really important.

Last edited by Ikill : 05-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a testament to the lack of big men in the league.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #13
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blazers can't afford to have that much money tied down to two such injury prone players in Roy and Oden...however Oden does not suck when e does play, check out his stats in about 20mins of play, if he learns to control his fouls which usually happens as a big man matures, he is defintely a two way solid legit 5...

But four years is too long, maybe 3+to, if I were the blazers I would look to sign and trade him to a rebuilding team that has the time and cap space to take such a big risk
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
PHaYze
Banned

PHaYze has an OK reputation so far

Why not just give that money to DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol??
PHaYze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has not been impressing people

He should give back to Portland. Take less money and show that you can be healthy and that you're thankful for what they did for you. He will get a lot of good will for doing so.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: