Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #1351
lock
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Re: May 1: Playoffs Round 2, Celtics at Heat, Game 1

i only just now watched the game delayed on league pass as been away for a few days.

what the hell was Paul Pierce upset about. he had no intention of hitting that jumper - he was flopping - he threw his hands up in the air after doing his usual lame fake and jump into opponent. then he gets up on his high horse and goes in and tries to be all aggressive and headbutts/rub his face into jones after someone checks his stupid flop attempt.
he was lucky not to get ejected there.
jones contact wasn't that bad, he was caught up in the air. if you ask me, the boston players grabbing LeBron to stop him scoring the fast break 2's is more likely to cause an injury. jones didnt target his head.

i laughed my ass off as that flopping clown was sent to the showers. look forward to seeing him act hard at game 2.
lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #1352
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Some rediculous overreating going on - its only game 1. Celts take game 2 and that changes everything.
And if they lose the series is pretty close to being over.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #1353
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
And if they lose the series is pretty close to being over.

I don't think so at all. You don't think Boston can win 2 in a row at home with their backs against the wall?

Please. This is going 6 or 7 unless 1 of Wade/Lebron have a legendary game every night. Wade had 1 yesterday, but its a tall task to do that every night.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1354
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I don't think so at all. You don't think Boston can win 2 in a row at home with their backs against the wall?

Please. This is going 6 or 7 unless 1 of Wade/Lebron have a legendary game every night. Wade had 1 yesterday, but its a tall task to do that every night.

LeBron averages that.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #1355
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
LeBron averages that.

I'm talking about one of them going for close to 40 on high efficiency while playing great defense.

Even though Allen scored 25, Wade played very good defense and to be fair, Allen didn't score all those points on Wade.

I don't think they can do it, but I've been way off this year.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #1356
DRose1899
Banned

Yeah please, Boston outplay Miami in 2nd half but its not reflected in scoreboard due some flukey (I want to call it bullshit caused by refs, but whatever let not into it) momentum changing. the big 3 averages their number but its still close, n Jones not gonna drop 25 in every game. No way this is going to be short for miami.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #1357
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:

It's one thing winning two in a row it's a different ball game having to win 4 against this Miami group. Think Boston needs game 2 badly
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #1358
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
It's one thing winning two in a row it's a different ball game having to win 4 against this Miami group. Think Boston needs game 2 badly

No doubt its a huge game, but I don't think Boston is at all out of it if they go down 0-2.

And game 1 was a really strange game. Rondo hardly played in the first half. The Celtics didn't cover James Jones. Wade was absolutely unstoppable. Pierce ejected with the game still in question.

Its just way too early to start making conclusions about this series at this point....and it will still be too early even if the Heat win game 2.

But I do think the Celtics will win game 2.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #1359
The Decision
Banned

Everyone praising Wade for his performance and Miami for winning the game...
But did anyone look at Doc's pathetic defensive scheme and rotation?

Sixers knew who were dangerous in the playoffs, they left Iggy on an island with Lebron because they trusted his defensive capability. But double wade each time he got the ball.

Doc needs to do the same thing, trust pierce on Lebron and double wade.

Wade had twice as many isolation plays on Sunday as he averaged in the first round.
imagine that, in ONE GAME he had twice than the entire 6 games in the first round.

Think about that, Boston let him roam one on one. In-fact I hardly saw a shot on Ray that was contested. He was left open to roam and shoot.

Miami might beat Boston if they don't adjust, but they won't beat chicago playing the same way.
They have one of the best help defense and rotation in the league.

So miaimi fanboys, don't get happy yet. you haven't won the championship. Its still the 2nd round.

Last edited by The Decision : 05-02-2011 at 11:23 AM.
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #1360
The Decision
Banned

Quote:
No doubt its a huge game, but I don't think Boston is at all out of it if they go down 0-2.

And game 1 was a really strange game. Rondo hardly played in the first half. The Celtics didn't cover James Jones. Wade was absolutely unstoppable. Pierce ejected with the game still in question.

Its just way too early to start making conclusions about this series at this point....and it will still be too early even if the Heat win game 2.

But I do think the Celtics will win game 2.

Again, read my post. Wade wasn't unstoppable, they let him do his thing.
One of the things about Doc boston fans don't like is, he never make changes.
He always wants to stick to his plan. Game one loss was his fault.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #1361
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Decision

That is why the Heat are virtually impossible to beat if Wade/Lebron play like that. If you double Wade....he's going to find the open man for wide open shots or Lebron is going to get driving lanes.

If one of the shooters on the Heat is hitting....they are unstoppable offensively.

They routinely get wide open shots for their shooters. Its been happening all year now.

No defensive strategy would have changed the outcome yesterday. Wade was just too good in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #1362
-M-I
HI

Quote:
He was unstoppable, just admit it.

It'd make no sense to double Wade because then his teammates would go off. There's a reason Doc said he would not change how they defend him. They're already packing the paint as it is.
-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #1363
The Decision
Banned

Quote:
That is why the Heat are virtually impossible to beat if Wade/Lebron play like that. If you double Wade....he's going to find the open man for wide open shots or Lebron is going to get driving lanes.

If one of the shooters on the Heat is hitting....they are unstoppable offensively.

They routinely get wide open shots for their shooters. Its been happening all year now.

No defensive strategy would have changed the outcome yesterday. Wade was just too good in my opinion.

Actually this is where you and many people are wrong.
There is somethig called defensive rotation. Look at how the Sixers played the heat. If you double wade, he goes in the air and turns over the ball.

If you double Lebron he will pass it to a teammate in good position.

Shit isn't rocket scientist. Wade is a turnover machine, when will Doc figure this out is beyond me.

No defensive strategy would change yesterday outcome? first of all Wade woudn't get to his spots or even be able to get a shot up if he was played like Doug had the Sixers play him.

If you watched the series, you know Wade never had a good game. Why? The defense was focused on him, he was doubled all-most every time he got the ball. What people then rush to the conclusion that LEBRON would then go off.

No NO NO NO. That didn't happen. Lebron never had a great game in those series. He actually had a few bad games and one or two okay games. They had a great defender in iggy who didn't need help unless Lebron drove.

Then you would think, WAIT WAIT, the spot up shooters would go off.

NO NO NO, more far from the truth. There is something called defensive rotation. and Remember the Sixers were also sometimes doubling off of Anthony.

I think no bench player had more than 10 points, I'm not sure though, will check.

The reason Jones the spot up shooter was open was because no one payed attention to him. he was WIDE WIDE open, I mean no one near him on his shots.

There was no defensive rotation at all.. I don't think they even knew what they were doing out there.

Last edited by The Decision : 05-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #1364
The Decision
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M-I
He was unstoppable, just admit it.

It'd make no sense to double Wade because then his teammates would go off. There's a reason Doc said he would not change how they defend him. They're already packing the paint as it is.

Again read my comments above. That's the false notion people have. If you double someone, his teammate goes off. No true.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #1365
PJR
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Seriously, shut the f*ck up.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: