Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #1366
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 1: Playoffs Round 2, Celtics at Heat, Game 1

game 2 will be different with both teams making adjustments
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #1367
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Decision
Actually this is where you and many people are wrong.
There is somethig called defensive rotation. Look at how the Sixers played the heat. If you double wade, he goes in the air and turns over the ball.

If you double Lebron he will pass it to a teammate in good position.

Shit isn't rocket scientist. Wade is a turnover machine, when will Doc figure this out is beyond me.

No defensive strategy would change yesterday outcome? first of all Wade woudn't get to his spots or even be able to get a shot up if he was played like Doug had the Sixers play him.

If you watched the series, you know Wade never had a good game. Why? The defense was focused on him, he was doubled all-most every time he got the ball. What people then rush to the conclusion that, then LEBRON would go off.

No NO NO NO. That didn't happen. Lebron never had a great game in those series. He actually a few bad games and one or two okay games. They had a great defender in iggy who didn't need help unless Lebron drove.

Then you would think, WAIT WAIT, the spot up shooters would go off.

NO NO NO, more far from the truth. There is something called defensive rotation. and Remember the Sixers were also sometimes doubling off of Anthony.

The reason Jones the spot up shooter was open was because no one payed attention to him. he was WIDE WIDE open, I mean no one near him on his shots.

There was no defensive rotation at all.. I don't think they even knew what they were doing out there.

No. You don't know what you are talking about. When Wade makes jumpers like that you can't stop him. Its impossible. Sorry.

Great analysis though.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #1368
The Decision
Banned

The Decision has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Seriously, shut the f*ck up.

Its not my fault you don't analysis the game as you watch it.
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #1369
Heat007
Unguardable

Heat007 has not been impressing people

Quote:

If you watched the series, you know Wade never had a good game. Why? The defense was focused on him, he was doubled all-most every time he got the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9V92p1nj4

^^ since when is 32/10/8 not a good playoff game for a guard ???
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #1370
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Its not my fault you don't analysis the game as you watch it.

You're right I don't 'analysis' the game as a I watch, I analyze the game.

The only thing you're doing is attempting to COMFORT yourself, because you probably loathe this Heat team. Don't try to bullsh*t anyone, just keep it 100 next time.

What Wade did yesterday wasn't some abberation, moron. He did this last year against them in the postseason. Wade has a reputation of feasting on elite defenses in the playoffs. And no the Celtics didn't "allow" him to be aggresive and score. Boston hard showed on every screen and roll. They just could not stop him. His shots in the half-court were heavily contested. He just did his thing. All these excuses are BS.

And I'm not even a Miami fan.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #1371
The Decision
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
No. You don't know what you are talking about. When Wade makes jumpers like that you can't stop him. Its impossible. Sorry.

Great analysis though.

That's another false notion. I can point out that more than 65% of his shots were uncontested.

and ofcourse he will shoot better because he practiced more. But it had more to do with the defensive scheme allowing him to get rhythm and fire away.

I know what I'm talking about because when I watch the game. I actually study why superstars struggle. Like how melo struggled against boston. Or how Pierce can't make a shot to save his life if you put the slightest hand infront of his face. Or how kobe struggles against defenders who plays him extremely tight. Or durant struggling against big defenders because they force him to shoot out of balance(used to, he adjusted this year).

also how players score...Melo has one of the worst drive in game in the league and one of the worst finisher at the rim. Most people don't realize that. Lebron's form is bad, he only makes his shot when he steps back.

That's why you see him at the elbow, squaring up his defender for like 5 seconds... luring them into backing off then stepping back into his form.

Secondly, if Lebron doesn't look down before he shoots, he would won't make it.

If I was guarding Lebron, he would never be able to make a jumper over me because I know all his tendacies.
I sometimes wonder why NBA players don't know this.

Like how few people actually play Lebron, Kobe and wade to their weak side. Kobe being played to his weak side the most. But most don't do it anyway.

so on and so forth.

Last edited by The Decision : 05-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #1372
The Decision
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
You're right I don't 'analysis' the game as a I watch, I analyze the game.

The only thing you're doing is attempting to COMFORT yourself, because you probably loathe this Heat team. Don't try to bullsh*t anyone, just keep it 100 next time.

What Wade did yesterday wasn't some abberation, moron. He did this last year against them in the postseason. Wade has a reputation of feasting on elite defenses in the playoffs. And no the Celtics didn't "allow" him to be aggresive and score. Boston hard showed on every screen and roll. They just could not stop him. His shots in the half-court were heavily contested. He just did his thing. All these excuses are BS.

And I'm not even a Miami fan.

Again proving yourself to be a dumbass... please just stop. you know nothing about the game.
You are just a fanboy that is there to cheer when people make a shot or don't. Without any knowledge of why the shot went in or didn't.

Last edited by The Decision : 05-02-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #1373
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Again proving yourself to be a dumbass... please just stop. you know nothing about the game.
You are just a fanboy that is there to cheer when people make a shot or don't. Without any knowledge of why the shot went in or didn't.

You know those guys who think they know what they are talking aboutand really don't?

You're one of them.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #1374
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Just came in here to say

""Haters gonna hate LOL"
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #1375
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Just came in here to say

""Haters gonna hate LOL"
At least you didn't post this picture

Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #1376
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Bulls-Pacers Game 1 had more posts than Heat-C's game 1. Obviously, I am talking posts made on actual game day.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #1377
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Bulls-Pacers Game 1 had more posts than Heat-C's game 1. Obviously, I am talking posts made on actual game day.
I have a feeling this series will disappoint us a little.

For me the Grizzlies-Thunder game was way better than Celtics-Heat.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #1378
ReturnofJPR

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I have a feeling this series will disappoint us a little.

For me the Grizzlies-Thunder game was way better than Celtics-Heat.

I hope not. The only way that happens is if the Refs favor the Heat like they did in Game 1 all series long. We will see what happens when the series returns to Boston. Hopefully, Bron or Wade get wrongfully tossed like what happened to Paul Pierce at the most crucial point in the ball game.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #1379
icewill36
Local High School Star

icewill36 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
I hope not. The only way that happens is if the Refs favor the Heat like they did in Game 1 all series long. We will see what happens when the series returns to Boston. Hopefully, Bron or Wade get wrongfully tossed like what happened to Paul Pierce at the most crucial point in the ball game.

most crucial point in the game ? celtics were down 12.....

i cant believe so many people are pretending like it pierce wasnt ejected boston had a good chance to win. pierce aint doin sh!t with lebron guarding him, sorry.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #1380
ReturnofJPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewill36
most crucial point in the game ? celtics were down 12.....

i cant believe so many people are pretending like it pierce wasnt ejected boston had a good chance to win. pierce aint doin sh!t with lebron guarding him, sorry.

Up until that point in the game, 7 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, it is the most crucial point of the game. Or did you think it was Halfitme?

Pierce was getting hot draining 3's and Allen was getting going as well. There is no doubt that the C's would have been within 1 possession if Pierce wasn't wrongfully ejected. The momentum started to swing Boston's way as the game was getting intense and that is just how KG and the Celtics like to play.

After the wrongful ejection of Paul Pierce, the C's carried that momentum but did not have enough without one of their key All Stars and future Hall of Famers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: