Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #1081
greensmoke21
Banned
 
greensmoke21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california
Posts: 327
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Looks like a chubby Arab version of Michael Imperioli

dude was a goon on the sopranos
greensmoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #1082
Unstoppabull
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Unstoppabull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Your House
Posts: 699
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Osama is not dead
Unstoppabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #1083
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,520
Default

so apparently the reason why pics were never released is because after bin-laden got put down, the soldiers continued to fire rounds in to his carcass until there was nothing much left but a pile of protoplasm and bone fragments sitting in a pool of blood.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #1084
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar
 
SpecialQue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,849
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
so apparently the reason why pics were never released is because after bin-laden got put down, the soldiers continued to fire rounds in to his carcass until there was nothing much left but a pile of protoplasm and bone fragments sitting in a pool of blood.

I understand the article's point of view that this excessive type of behavior is dangerous and should be tempered, as there are other cases where unchecked violence against potential enemies would probably qualify as illegal and cruel/unusual.

Then again, it's fvcking Osama Bin Laden. He's one of the few people out there who actually deserved this.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:24 PM   #1085
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,520
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
I understand the article's point of view that this excessive type of behavior is dangerous and should be tempered, as there are other cases where unchecked violence against potential enemies would probably qualify as illegal and cruel/unusual.

Then again, it's fvcking Osama Bin Laden. He's one of the few people out there who actually deserved this.
haha, no argument here.

i think the writer was speaking more about an overall trend, tho. i.e., there's been a lot of problems with police and special forces brutality the last few years.

i just read something today about the supreme court removing the need for police to serve warrants before entering, now.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #1086
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar
 
SpecialQue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,849
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
haha, no argument here.

i think the writer was speaking more about an overall trend, tho. i.e., there's been a lot of problems with police and special forces brutality the last few years.

i just read something today about the supreme court removing the need for police to serve warrants before entering, now.

Oh yeah, I am fully on board with the overall message that the writer was delivering. It's just, if you're using Osama Bin Laden as your example, you're not going to get many converts to your cause.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:01 PM   #1087
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

We did it bois!




!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #1088
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,520
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Oh yeah, I am fully on board with the overall message that the writer was delivering. It's just, if you're using Osama Bin Laden as your example, you're not going to get many converts to your cause.
true dat. good point.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #1089
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i think the writer was speaking more about an overall trend, tho. i.e., there's been a lot of problems with police and special forces brutality the last few years.
The writers for SOFREP tend to be former special ops guys so I think his main concern is for special forces going beyond the law.


Last month it came out that the special ops guy who wrote the book on the Bin Laden raid had classified material on his hard drive. He turned of his hard drive to the government.

The classified material was pictures of Bin Laden.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #1090
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
We did it bois!


bump
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 AM   #1091
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: teXas
Posts: 16,142
Default Re: Obama - Bin Laden is Dead U.S. has custody of body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
THIS IS F*CKING BULL$HIT!!!




Still is.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 AM   #1092
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under Iraq, beside a tree.
Posts: 13,520
Default Re: *Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
The classified material was pictures of Bin Laden.

so now what...?



gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy