Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Finally Lets Admit.....EDDY CURRY IS UNDERATED

Eddy has pulled together a string of very good NOT "GREAT" games and everyone swears hes the savior and cornerstone for the team...Well that time is over you can't just come to the court and only play on 45ft. of the court....The kid plays no defense and barely makes an attempt. He is also turnover prone and cannot pass the rock....Cmon guys you had your time to think hes the man.....Now its over he goes into games now and giving us 15 pts and 4 rebounds lol this kid is sorry man.

He pouts and complains throughout games and yells at other players if they are losing and be ALL jolly when they are winning. What happen to do days of Allan "H2O" Houston and Walt Frazier.

Eddy reminds me of a gaurd that used to pout and yell at his teammates and swore he was better.....STEPHON MARBURY.

Marbury has tried but you can tell its not working...You have to tell him EXACTLY WHAT TO DO...he can't comprehend to pass and score in da same game......

FIRST TWO PLAYERS THAT WE MUST TRADE TO MOVE ON AND REBUILD
Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Finally Lets Admit.....EDDY CURRY IS OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Eddy has pulled together a string of very good NOT "GREAT" games and everyone swears hes the savior and cornerstone for the team...Well that time is over you can't just come to the court and only play on 45ft. of the court....The kid plays no defense and barely makes an attempt. He is also turnover prone and cannot pass the rock....Cmon guys you had your time to think hes the man.....Now its over he goes into games now and giving us 15 pts and 4 rebounds lol this kid is sorry man.

He pouts and complains throughout games and yells at other players if they are losing and be ALL jolly when they are winning. What happen to do days of Allan "H2O" Houston and Walt Frazier.

Eddy reminds me of a gaurd that used to pout and yell at his teammates and swore he was better.....STEPHON MARBURY.

Marbury has tried but you can tell its not working...You have to tell him EXACTLY WHAT TO DO...he can't comprehend to pass and score in da same game......

Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.

I am not going to go as far as you did in killing Curry, but I do think there has been a little overhype with him. This is his sixth year, so the whole lets wait he is still a baby does not apply.

He cant defend, cant move his feet and he cant rebound. He does not pass well and I think his basketball IQ is not that high. But worst of all I have noticed his yelling at the refs and pouting alot during games. At his size he should be physically manhandling defenders not looking for ticky-tack fouls and then complaining and not getting back on defense, which reminds me he cant shoot free thows either.

That being said I do not know if I would be willing to trade Curry. I think if his offense keeps developing he can be a nice piece(not the cornerstone) of a good team.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Curry is a work in progress.

To me his development is holding back other players like Lee, Frye and Balkman.

He has the physical tools and can be one of the top 5 centers if not the best.

He does not have the mentality (yet). It's like he is just figuring out how to play. First he's doing the offense. Now it seems he's working on rebounding. I guess next will be defense.

If and when he gets it all together he will be an allstar.

That's a big if.........right now he has to learn to pass and that would be the big difference with the better teams being able to dominate us.

Other than team poor overall defense we have too many offensive dry spells.

If he could help out on defense just a little bit our record would be a whole lot better.

By the way I want everybody to know I really hate Jerome James.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

how can u call the man overrated. the guy is averaging almost 20 points while shooting clsoe to 60 percent. give the man some credit. yea i would admit that he needs to play better defense and and grab a few more rebounds but u have to realize that the guy is only 23-24 years old. his best basketball is clearly ahead of him. offensively he's been the second best center behide yoa ming.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.
Ask yourself if the Knicks will be better with both Curry of Marbury gone.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

They might not be better but what's the difference, they suck now.

What's the difference between winning 20 games or winning 30 games. It still means that's a bad team.

I think the rotation has to be re-evaluated. It will take another 2-3 years to turnover this roster and infuse more young talent.

Hopefully that means Curry turns into the player his physical talent will let him.

Hopefully we still have Lee, Frye and Balkman on the team and they too reach their full potential.

Hopefully we find some missing pieces and a young PG. As Marbury ages we can see his body breaking down. We need to replace him within the next 2-3 years. Not because of his play but because that's the way the NBA is.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.

I agree with you entirely. Curry is waaaaay too inconsistent. I say get rid of both of them and add Crawford and Jerome James to the mix and you will have a fresh foundation to build around. Malik Rose has to go as well.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #8
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:

Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.

i dont know why this would come out now when hes having the best year of his career.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

I think Curry is not rated yet. So therefore he cannot be overrated.

Marbury's playing great ball this year, after the poor start. He played great last year. I love Marbury; he's fun to watch, and that's what it's all about anyway. Law of averages (1 out of 30; 4 out of 120) say most fans will go their whole lifetime without seeing their team win a championship. We're here to watch some good ball; have some fun.

Everything else said above is true -- Curry is bad defensively, can't rebound, and is not so young anymore.

But he's starting to roll out 27 points in his sleep. He's getting 27 points even easier than Ewing used to get it. As Curry continues to do that over the next couple of years, and start to get referee's calls to boot, he'll become quite a force inside. You can't turn that away.

Like TheOakman says, he is not a franchise player, but potentially an important piece to a puzzle. Wish he could play Ewing-esque defense and rebounding.

PS: remember that the last 5 games Curry is playing with a bad calf, and his defense and rebounding have been cautious. He was playing a little better before that.

Last edited by LouV : 02-01-2007 at 11:27 PM.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 AM   #10
knicks15
Local High School Star

this might be eddy curry's 6th year, but hes having his best year and is one of the most improved players in the league. hes one of the top centers in the nba and hes only 24 years old. it took jermaine oneal a while and curry looks like he'll continue to get better
Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Eddy Curry
and
Stephon Marbury.

Easier posted than done. Trade them. Trade them. Only problem with that is.....who wants them? I don't think there is a single team in the NBA that has a desire for Marbury. Curry may get offers but for a guy who is big and wide that doesn't play D or rebound well, or block shots, those offers if any won't be any good either. We know Zeke really should not have acquired Curry. But he is here now and now Zeke has to find a way to make him effective not just score "average" points. Scoring just 20 a game would put you maybe 20 in the league. it isn't upper echelon. And considering he doesn't do the other things involved his number should be higher.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

It is pretty funny when people say trade this guy and get that guy.

Making trades in professional sports is one of the hardest and most complex thing a GM has to do.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #13
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV
I think Curry is not rated yet. So therefore he cannot be overrated.

Marbury's playing great ball this year, after the poor start. He played great last year. I love Marbury; he's fun to watch, and that's what it's all about anyway. Law of averages (1 out of 30; 4 out of 120) say most fans will go their whole lifetime without seeing their team win a championship. We're here to watch some good ball; have some fun.

Everything else said above is true -- Curry is bad defensively, can't rebound, and is not so young anymore.

But he's starting to roll out 27 points in his sleep. He's getting 27 points even easier than Ewing used to get it. As Curry continues to do that over the next couple of years, and start to get referee's calls to boot, he'll become quite a force inside. You can't turn that away.

Like TheOakman says, he is not a franchise player, but potentially an important piece to a puzzle. Wish he could play Ewing-esque defense and rebounding.

PS: remember that the last 5 games Curry is playing with a bad calf, and his defense and rebounding have been cautious. He was playing a little better before that.

I'm not sure I'd be so optimistic, Isiah. Just because a player scores a lot of points doesn't necessarily mean he's adding to the team. Players like Marbury and Q-Rich are suffering because they don't have a shot-blocker watching their back. No matter how many times you yell at them, and I do see you yelling your head off during every game, they can't keep up the defensive intensity for 35-40 minutes a game. Centers need to be defensive first, offensive second - that's what wins championships, or at least what would make the Knicks a fun team to watch. It's not fun to watch losing, though I'm sure you'll be telling James Dolan a different story by the end of the season.

Last edited by ChanningShamgod : 02-02-2007 at 04:52 PM.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Curry may get offers but for a guy who is big and wide that doesn't play D or rebound well, or block shots, those offers if any won't be any good either.

? im sure you could get good offers for curry
Old 02-04-2007, 05:38 AM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Last year it seemed as though you were right. But Curry has made a lot of progress and shown that he has heart and consistency. He is averaging 19+ and 7 now. His being snubbed for the All-Star game could motivate him more.

I expect him to become one of the top 3 centers in the NBA.

He is just learning the game. Next year I expect him to average about 20 and 10. He will improve his free throws and passing somewhat.

The real key will be how he learns to defend. If he progresses on D next year as much as he progressed on offence this year, he could become one of the best -- if not the best after Shack retires.

There are only a handful of good centers in the NBA. If Curry can pick up his rebounding by only 3 per game and play D next year -- how many will be better than Curry?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: