Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people
Default Does anyone do the "no no no" finger wave other than Jordan?

I know Dikembe used to do it, but that was in the context of blocking a shot not nailing a shot on someone and using it in a "you can't guard me" context. I can't think of any other players besides Jordan who have done that move. It was a very Jordan mannerism. Anyone know of other players who have done it, or consistently do it?
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Does anyone do the "no no no" finger wave other than Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I know Dikembe used to do it, but that was in the context of blocking a shot not nailing a shot on someone and using it in a "you can't guard me" context. I can't think of any other players besides Jordan who have done that move. It was a very Jordan mannerism. Anyone know of other players who have done it, or consistently do it?

my mom did that. guess she copied Jordan too.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

It wasn't a very Jordan mannerism, he didn't do it enough to make a thread about it.

His most notable mannerism was sticking his tongue out.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
It wasn't a very Jordan mannerism, he didn't do it enough to make a thread about it.

His most notable mannerism was sticking his tongue out.

Uh, yeah it was. I watched many many Jordan games and he did it often in certain situations.

And if you don't like a thread you're welcome to skip over it.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
my mom did that. guess she copied Jordan too.

My my such a guilty conscience. All I asked was if anyone knew if any other players besides Jordan have done it regularly, if at all.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Kobe did a finger wave yesterday with 1 minute left after he nailed a jumper. Then he passed the ball to Jason Terry, then he tripped over himself, and then he clanked the potential game winner. I think that was a sign.

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Uh, yeah it was. I watched many many Jordan games and he did it often in certain situations.

And if you don't like a thread you're welcome to skip over it.

Umm, I am from Chicago and I doubt anyone watched MORE Bulls games than me seeing as though cable wasn't as prevelant and WGN wasn't nation wide.

Not to mention I started watching live games at the Old Chicago Stadium.

So I think I have a little more knowledge on this subject than you.

*I am quite aware of my right to skip threads, thanks for your concern.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

It's tired and it's phony. Good luck getting ISHiots to admit to the obvious.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Kobe did it yesterday with 1 minute left after he nailed a jumper. Then he passed the ball to Jason Terry, then he tripped over himself, and then he clanked the potential game winner.

Oh right Kobe, didn't think about him. Anyone else?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected posterCalabis is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Did u really need to ask, how about this guy
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
LOL
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Umm, I am from Chicago and I doubt anyone watched MORE Bulls games than me seeing as though cable wasn't as prevelant and WGN wasn't nation wide.

Not to mention I started watching live games at the Old Chicago Stadium.

So I think I have a little more knowledge on this subject than you.

*I am quite aware of my right to skip threads, thanks for your concern.

I live in NYC and we got WGN on cable back then thanks. So no you don't have any more knowledge on the subject than me. Get your facts right before you comment at least. Now I'm ignoring you unless you actually focus on the topic of the thread instead of derailing nonsense.

So any answer to the question?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
It was a very Jordan mannerism.

False.

The only time I can remember him doing it is after he dunked on Dike.

Jordan mannerisms:

1. Tongue wag.
2. Pulling on the bottom of his shorts.
3. Chewing gum like a damn cow.
4. Sly smile.
5. Pointing at underachieving teammates.
6. The slow fist pumpv (he holds it and doesn't real "pump" it so to speak)
7. The one handed pump fake, holding the ball away from the defender with one arm.

The finger wag is beneath all those lmao.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you're wrong dog.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I live in NYC and we got WGN on cable back then thanks. So no you don't have any more knowledge on the subject than me. Get your facts right before you comment at least. Now I'm ignoring you unless you actually focus on the topic of the thread instead of derailing nonsense.

So any answer to the question?

WGN was on cable in 1987?

I didn't know that.

Still, I highly doubt you as a New Yorker, living in NYC watched more MJ than me and saw him in person more than me.

Which is evidenced by this shitty ass thread.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis

Oh right Kobe. Huh. Well got him so far. Anyone else?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: