Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Default Congrats Miami and Miami fans.

D-Whistle 1 year later............

Out in the first round. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

All hail King James!!!

Last edited by TMacsOneGoodEye : 06-01-2007 at 01:30 AM.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:39 AM   #2
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
I just got home from watching the game away from internet access and I have to give props.

2005-2006 champions. You guys deserve it.

I must admit, during the NBA regular season I didn't think you guys were anything special but once the playoffs hit you guys transformed into something great. Congrats.

Dwanye Wade is truly THEE best player in the NBA.

Again, congratualtions.

Dwanye Wade is truly THEE best player in the NBA. Just look at that sentence 100 times scream and go kill yourself
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:42 AM   #3
tophy7
I hit open layups

tophy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Yes. All of you out there who were with Miami through all the hard times and not just once Shaq came along.. congratulations.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

Quote:
Yes. All of you out there who were with Miami through all the hard times and not just once Shaq came along.. congratulations.

that would be like 2 people.

the heat bandwagon is leaving the station...all aboard!

TMOGE, i commend you for owning up, not crying and whining and congratulating the heat.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
Sandjo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy

That's just plain dumb. I support Miami because of Shaq. So do lots of people here who have supported him since his days in Orlando. Doesn't make this any less sweeter. On the contrary, I suspect one can enjoy the Heat winning it all even more if things are considered from Shaq's corner.

Most NBA fans are not connected to a particular team, simply because they don't live in any of the cities hosting an NBA team, nor do they have loved ones who have been die-hard fans of a particular team for 20+ years. So they simply like good basketball, like a few players, of like a particular style a team plays (which can and usually changes with the players/coach) If that's what "bandwaggoning" is all about, then those who are doing it are more knowleadgable about basketball then those who consider themselves "true fans". Simply because we get to enjoy the game more, and give props when they're due, regardless of team or player.
Sandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:31 AM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

congrats.
Much will be said about officiating in this series. But in the end, if you look at the big picture, one team cracked under pressure and the other didn't.

Heat deserved the win. No one really gave them much respect, but in the end they earned it. Congrats Miami fans :)

on a side note I don't feel as bad about Miami winning as I thought I would. I'm probably more ticked off that Alonzo won a ring then I am about shaq. Go figure :\
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:31 AM   #8
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandjo
That's just plain dumb. I support Miami because of Shaq. So do lots of people here who have supported him since his days in Orlando. Doesn't make this any less sweeter. On the contrary, I suspect one can enjoy the Heat winning it all even more if things are considered from Shaq's corner.

Most NBA fans are not connected to a particular team, simply because they don't live in any of the cities hosting an NBA team, nor do they have loved ones who have been die-hard fans of a particular team for 20+ years. So they simply like good basketball, like a few players, of like a particular style a team plays (which can and usually changes with the players/coach) If that's what "bandwaggoning" is all about, then those who are doing it are more knowleadgable about basketball then those who consider themselves "true fans". Simply because we get to enjoy the game more, and give props when they're due, regardless of team or player.

I am one of those fans that followed Shaq his whole career, Heat fans from the beggining wouldnt be celebrating with us if it wasn't for Shaq.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 AM   #9
cured
Decent playground baller

Mavs played into Miami's hands at the end. Jump shot, jump shot, jump shot. Shaq wasn't as good as Mourning was tonight. When the Mavs needed a stop, they didn't get one. When the Heat missed a shot, they just got a rebound.

The Mavs ran miami out of fouls with just under 10 minutes to play and stopped attacking the basket. Antoine Walker stopped his 3-point brick assault and played inside and was much more effective.

And what else can you say about Wade, other than he's gotta be the best player in the NBA.
cured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #10
Sandjo

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
I am one of those fans that followed Shaq his whole career, Heat fans from the beggining wouldnt be celebrating with us if it wasn't for Shaq.

Exactly.

Shaq
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #11
G.O.P
I airball my layups

Thanks to the whole Heat staff, for allowin a fan such as myself to enjoy this moment. Tomorrow its off to the Malls, and the Heat store to buy some new stuff. Probably a new pair of Wades too
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:47 AM   #12
BFRESH44
College star

Feels good. Real mf'in good.

Been thru the most of the expansion woes.

The heartbreaks, when this franchise has had the teams who were good enough to contend but shiit just didn't go right. The Bulls reign, The Allan Houston floater, Zo getting sick....

But now it's finally happened. The dream has been acomplished
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 AM   #13
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

big ups the heat. great win.

wonder how long joe wait will be gone. and yinka
the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:51 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

congrats to all miami fans. it was a great season and a great playoffs
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #15
Sandjo

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured
Mavs played into Miami's hands at the end. Jump shot, jump shot, jump shot. Shaq wasn't as good as Mourning was tonight. When the Mavs needed a stop, they didn't get one. When the Heat missed a shot, they just got a rebound.

The Mavs ran miami out of fouls with just under 10 minutes to play and stopped attacking the basket. Antoine Walker stopped his 3-point brick assault and played inside and was much more effective.

And what else can you say about Wade, other than he's gotta be the best player in the NBA.

I thought the whole series was weird, so was the one with Detroit. I never really dared to believe the Heat could win it all. Hoped they would, prayed they would, but they've had such an inconsistent season that it was hard not to doubt them. And as much as I am elated about this win, and especially about Shaq getting THIS ring, I believe Miami had a lot of luck this year. I don't really think this year's Heat, as a team, played better than they have during last year's playoffs. Detroit happened to play much worse, however, and Dallas had a pretty poor series after beating the Spurs (though much of that was due to Wade). Anyway,

Shaq, Wade, Zo, Payton, Udonis

Heat

What a great day
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: