Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

i wonder where all the 05-06 Mavs champion hats/shirts/ etc... go to now? i mean they must have made it ahead of time just like parades.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #32
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far
Default the better team won

came in THIS THREAD to eat some crow...

yup, i'm a bitter and broken lakers fan. i didn't want shaq to win another title.

but i'm here to give him and the heat props.

i thought the changes during the off season were going to cause chemistry problems.

i thought riley was a creep to undermind svg.

didn't think this team was good enough to beat whoever came out of the west.

i was wrong on a lot of levels.

the heat wanted it more than the mavs. shaq being doubled opened up things for the rest of the team. wade put the team on his shoulders. i've become a fan of haslem's because of this series. he was great and did what what was asked of him and more.

zo is the perfect backup center and was playing w/heart. not a fan of walker's, but another guy who did what he need to to do. payton came in and hit HUGE, HUGE, HUGE shots in key situations. he was so dam clutch!

congrats to heat and to all the heat fans. the better team won and deserved it. anyone who b!tches about ref's calls are nothing more than bad sports. the heat showed in the 3rd quarter that they were winning it all. that really was where the heat showed they were the better team for me.

jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #33
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I remember about 3 or 4 years ago there were ZERO Heat fans talking on ANY hoops forum ANYWHERE on the Internet.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #34
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to give my biggest thanks to Shaq. He delivered a championship to Miami and proved himself to the doubters (aka. a$$holes) who said he couldn't win without Kobe. This is directed to all of you Kobe lovers/alleged Laker fans who always made fun of Shaq during and after the trade from The Lakers. This is what you get for not believing in The Diesel.

And does anyone think Jerry Buss believes, even in hindsight, that he would still trade Shaq 100 times out of 100?

I'll add some more new nicknames for Shaq:
"The Big Vindication"
"The Big Redemption"
"The Big Validation"

Again, thank you Shaq, for this Championship. I always knew you could do it when most thought otherwise.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #35
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #36
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Again, thank you Shaq, for this Championship. I always knew you could do it when most thought otherwise.
But he didn't do it. 'Zo, Haslem, Posey, and Wade did it IN SPITE of Da Big Toe and Gee Pee* the Bandwagon man.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #37
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
But he didn't do it. 'Zo, Haslem, Posey, and Wade did it IN SPITE of Da Big Toe and Gee Pee* the Bandwagon man.

Come on. Shaq made the difference for this team despite his low numbers. His mere presence on the court boosts his team's production.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #38
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Sorry if you feel that way. But 4 Championships is a hard feat to accomplish. This last one for The Diesel may have been the sweetest because of all the doubters.

By the way, nice avatar there. Though it seems you don't believe in Shaq?
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #39
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shaq contributed to this championship simply by being on the court. 'Nuff said.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #40
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Come on. Shaq made the difference for this team despite his low numbers. His mere presence on the court boosts his team's production.
Oh yeah? Like the 1st quarter where the Mav-nots were having their way in the paint getting dunks left and right because Snaq was worried about foul trouble? And then when Riley geniously sat Snaq's fat azz down and brought 'Zo in his place, the Heat suddenly are competing again? Pffft Yeah, a real difference maker...-14 with him on, +14 with him off.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #41
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Oh yeah? Like the 1st quarter where the Mav-nots were having their way in the paint getting dunks left and right because Snaq was worried about foul trouble? And then when Riley geniously sat Snaq's fat azz down and brought 'Zo in his place, the Heat suddenly are competing again? Pffft Yeah, a real difference maker...-14 with him on, +14 with him off.
============================

Old 06-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #42
Patti972
I airball my layups

Patti972 has an OK reputation so far

Ah, yes...Congrats Miami!

I thought, along with a ****load of others, that game 5 was a crock and a couple of situations in game 3 were too but there's still no question that Wade was the best player on the floor and made it happen for his team. There were no referee arguments in game 4 when Miami beat the **** out of us and there certainly weren't any last night.

No EC team beat us on our home court this season and we hadn't lost 4 in a row all year. I was surprised that we didn't pull it out last night but all the credit goes to Miami.

I don't necessarily agree with whoever said Miami was the best team in the NBA this year. That's no offense to you Miami fans. I just thought Wade was the difference but as a whole Miami wasn't some incredible unit.

I'm more upset that it's the offseason than us losing the trophy.

OK maybe no more upset but I do ****ing hate the offseason. I'm not prepared for four months of boredom.
Patti972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #43
Patti972
I airball my layups

Patti972 has an OK reputation so far

I think it's kind of stupid that Dallas gets flack for having planned a parade route -- does anybody remember the riots from the Cowboys years of glory?

Miami had plans, too...even when they were down 0-2.
Patti972 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: