Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Wisconsin/Pitt game prospects...

Alando Tucker is VERY good. Can hit the outside shot, play inside a bit and defend a couple of positions. Just finished a nice alley-oop play that got the crowd fired up. He's got a future in the NBA.

Aaron Gray is a stiff. Total stiff. I just don't see the hype on him. He'll make the NBA as a big body but his upside is limited. Paul Davis was a better pro prosect.

Now Bryan Butch on the other hand is looking pretty nice. Crashing the boards, hitting some outside shots, completely outplaying Gray. It took 3 years but he's finally playing up to his potential. Maybe it's a career game but he has some skills for a big man.

And Ronald Ramon is lights out as a shooter if he's open. His game is similar to the guy the Heat picked up last summer.(Chris Quinn) Not that athletic but he can run some point, and hit jumpers.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I'd draft Gray somewhere in the 20's. I think he might be a solid 8 and 7 guy in the NBA.

I really like Tucker as a college player, and I might take him in the first round as well. I think Tucker will be able to score some in the NBA, and might be good enough all around to actually make an impact, but at 6-6, I'm not taking him much higher than mid-20's. If he is 6-8 or 6-9, I take him 10 picks higher, but he isn't.

Butch might get a shot as well. I've never liked him, but I would have him on my board in the 2nd round, and would bring him in as an undrafted FA for sure.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
bandit21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bandit21 has an OK reputation so far

Could be a reach, but is Aaron Gray just another Bryant Reeves? Good ol' "Big Country" who was a lottery pick, but turned out to be a big bust. I just don't see the big hype with the dude.

Kendall is probably the better player out of the bigs from Pitt.
bandit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: