Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #901
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Default Re: May 6: Playoffs, Round 2 - Lakers @ Mavs (Game 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Dirk is the most unguardable player in the league. He won't be stopped by anyone on the Lakers squad.

Like I said, the minimal, if not nonexistent chance for LA to come back relies entirely on how Dallas performs. LA isn't even winning a game unless Dallas plays terrible.

I don't really agree with that. The Mavs did not play terrible last night and we were down all game.

The Lakers are yet to play a complete game. They were awful down the stretch of game 1 and game 3. Game 2 the Lakers were just soundly beaten.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #902
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I don't really agree with that. The Mavs did not play terrible last night and we were down all game.

The Lakers are yet to play a complete game. They were awful down the stretch of game 1 and game 3. Game 2 the Lakers were just soundly beaten.

Yes, but LA still had a reasonable chance to make it a series last night.

This team is mentally fragile and soft. Their chemistry issues go beyond the court. Pau is playing like he wants to be done with basketball and go curl up into a corner and cry because of his lost girlfriend.

How is a team like that going to win a game on the road while being down 0-3?
Doranku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #903
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
look at the history of the franchise and the realize that Lakers fans should be laughing at you.

It's sad that Laker fans have to pin their hopes on landing Howard and Paul (two top 4 players when healthy, including the best big man in the league) to play alongside Kobe, and then if Kobe wins a title they'll act like he wasn't carried.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #904
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Yes, but LA still had a reasonable chance to make it a series last night.

This team is mentally fragile and soft. Their chemistry issues go beyond the court. Pau is playing like he wants to be done with basketball and go curl up into a corner and cry because of his lost girlfriend.

How is a team like that going to win a game on the road while being down 0-3?

Not going to be easy for sure. Although I would have said the exact same stuff about the Mavs before the series. How is a team with only 1 great player and a bunch of inconsistent role players going to challenge the Lakers?

Crazy things happen in sports. I have just learned not be surprised by anything.

In my opinion...and its just my opinion. Its that if the Lakers play well and play a complete game, the Mavs have a very small chance to win.

Fortunately for the Mavs so far, we have played very well late while the Lakers have been awful late. Its been the difference in the series. The Lakers had games 1 and 3 and just crumbled down the stretch.

I put that more on the Lakers than I do credit the Mavs.

I've seen every single Mavs game this year. And i'm telling you that we have no business being up 3-0 against the Lakers and have many flaws...the Lakers just aren't taking advantage of them and the Mavs are stepping up in key moments.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #905
aznboy2k2
Great young streetballer

Who won?
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #906
TrueRob
LAL & LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Fortunately for the Mavs so far, we have played very well late while the Lakers have been awful late. Its been the difference in the series. The Lakers had games 1 and 3 and just crumbled down the stretch.

The Mavs have been dominating in the 4th quarter all season. I think they're probably the best team at winning close games.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #907
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueRob
The Mavs have been dominating in the 4th quarter all season. I think they're probably the best team at winning close games.

True.

The Mavs have won the most close games over the last 7 years than any other team in the league. I don't know where the Lakers rank, but they aren't in the top 5.

The Mavs are a really good team late in close games. Mainly because Dirk draws so much attention and is a willing passer.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #908
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

Quote:
thats just a bs rumor. its not true.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #909
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

Damn. Wasn't able to post anything last night after the loss and after going to the movies. ISH crashed!!

This series is over. I congratulate the Mavs for the great wins. You're one win away from sweeping the 2x defending champs. If you finally eliminate us, you got my support to win that title. Note: Please don't choke anymore, Dallas.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: