Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Default Re: Dirk vs. Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
No.

Bargnani is quite obviously (and admittedly) very lazy.

If he doesn't have the ball on offense, he just stands there.

Prove to me how he works hard.

Just sayin.

Quote:
Bargnani is asked how he gets beat on the boards.

"Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."

Sounds like a hard worker to me.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Sounds like a hard worker to me.

Did Bargs honest to f*cking Jebus said that? Cause if he did...

Let's trade his ass before any other GM finds out about this shit.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #18
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Did Bargs honest to f*cking Jebus said that? Cause if he did...

Let's trade his ass before any other GM finds out about this shit.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...3/22/bargnani/
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Himan12
On the clouds

Only thing that is similar is they both shoot 3s and *gasp* dirk is better there, along with everything else.

Its really disturbing to see lilbeastnani's obsession/love on Bargs...
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #20
craigthomasb
College star

Bargs has got too comfortable, we need a coach to kick his ass into shape, but we cant afford to bench him and lose the value in him, its a sticky situation
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
Bargs has got too comfortable, we need a coach to kick his ass into shape, but we cant afford to bench him and lose the value in him, its a sticky situation

We had a coach like that with Sam Mitchell. Bargs played even worse, that's why BC wanted to get a laid back coach with triano, thinking that giving slack to Bargs will be beneficial, I'm pretty convince that nothing will work now, El Mago clearly doesn't give a f*ck anymore, especially if he is admitting to being lazy during a freakin interview.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
We had a coach like that with Sam Mitchell. Bargs played even worse, that's why BC wanted to get a laid back coach with triano, thinking that giving slack to Bargs will be beneficial, I'm pretty convince that nothing will work now, El Mago clearly doesn't give a f*ck anymore, especially if he is admitting to being lazy during a freakin interview.

That interview is over a year old and I think this past season proved that he will never be the star, franchise player we envisioned when he was picked 1st overall. He admitted that he was lazy and that he needed to improve his defense and rebounding.. and he went in the total opposite direction. I wish we could have traded him for an expiring contract like Prince or Dalembert, but maybe we can make a deal for another pick or a player like Iggy at the draft.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
DJMason
High School JV MVP

As T.O. sportsfans who fall in love with the likes of Gilmore, Clark, JYD, Bautista and even this year to some Reggie Evans (despite his utter lack of tallent) it boggles my mind that anyone could support Bargnani with the complete lack of effort or passion that he displays. I think it's telling that the his supporters here don't live in TO or are simply joke accounts (there is literally no one on the planet, not even BC or Bargs himself who thinks that replacing Dirk with him would result in a sweep of the Lakers). If he tried half as hard as Reggie does, he'd be a perennial allstar. There is nothing holding him back except what does or does not go on between the ears. It's why I dislike his presence on this team so much. He has at least as much potential as Dirk, it's just that he refuses to harness it.

Send-him-packing.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #24
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
As T.O. sportsfans who fall in love with the likes of Gilmore, Clark, JYD, Bautista and even this year to some Reggie Evans (despite his utter lack of tallent) it boggles my mind that anyone could support Bargnani with the complete lack of effort or passion that he displays. I think it's telling that the his supporters here don't live in TO or are simply joke accounts (there is literally no one on the planet, not even BC or Bargs himself who thinks that replacing Dirk with him would result in a sweep of the Lakers). If he tried half as hard as Reggie does, he'd be a perennial allstar. There is nothing holding him back except what does or does not go on between the ears. It's why I dislike his presence on this team so much. He has at least as much potential as Dirk, it's just that he refuses to harness it.

Send-him-packing.

It's just that you don't know him at all. If you guys knew anything about Bargnani you'd know that he works his ass off in the gym all summer long working on whatever the team asks him to work on. He also does that with the humblest attitude in the world, but hey, let's assume he's disinterested in basketball just by the look on his face and a sentence from over a year ago.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
It's just that you don't know him at all. If you guys knew anything about Bargnani you'd know that he works his ass off in the gym all summer long working on whatever the team asks him to work on. He also does that with the humblest attitude in the world, but hey, let's assume he's disinterested in basketball just by the look on his face and a sentence from over a year ago.

BC and Triano know him pretty well and both essentially said that he flat out doesn't try enough on defense. Also when he follows up that "lazy" quote with a season where he somehow declines defensively in every possible category even more then yes, I feel it can be solidly established that he's lazy when it comes to anything other than shooting the 3.

Then there are the nights that he straight-up takes off when his jumper won't fall. I'm sorry, I may not "know" him personally but I know what I see and what I see is a lazy player.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #26
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
BC and Triano know him pretty well and both essentially said that he flat out doesn't try enough on defense. Also when he follows up that "lazy" quote with a season where he somehow declines defensively in every possible category even more then yes, I feel it can be solidly established that he's lazy when it comes to anything other than shooting the 3.

Then there are the nights that he straight-up takes off when his jumper won't fall. I'm sorry, I may not "know" him personally but I know what I see and what I see is a lazy player.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, what I'm saying is just that if you knew him you wouldn't talk like this.
However, your perception is the perception of a lot of Raptors fans, so perhaps it's better for Bargs and the team to just part ways and start over.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, what I'm saying is just that if you knew him you wouldn't talk like this.
However, your perception is the perception of a lot of Raptors fans, so perhaps it's better for Bargs and the team to just part ways and start over.
Unless you are trying to tell us that you personally know him, then we are all basing our opinions off of the same information.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #28
Doko
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Unless you are trying to tell us that you personally know him, then we are all basing our opinions off of the same information.

Even if i did, I wouldn't tell.
btw, his workout schedules during the last summers were in large part public and reported by the media, so anyone can check it. this one of the reasons why all the criticism he gets is just out of proportion to me, a guy that every single summer works on what the team wants him to do should never be called lazy or disinterested.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #29
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Even if i did, I wouldn't tell.
aka you don't.

Quote:
btw, his workout schedules during the last summers were in large part public and reported by the media, so anyone can check it. this one of the reasons why all the criticism he gets is just out of proportion to me, a guy that every single summer works on what the team wants him to do should never be called lazy or disinterested.
What he does in the off-season, or in the summer is not what we complain about. We complain about the effort he gives on court, during the season. The only time where it really matters to any Raptors fan.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
aka you don't.

I always just assumed Doko was Bargnani.

Quote:
What he does in the off-season, or in the summer is not what we complain about. We complain about the effort he gives on court, during the season. The only time where it really matters to any Raptors fan.

Bargnani works so hard in the offseason that he has to take a nice long, relaxing rest during the regular season games.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: