Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default

Quote:
thats like saying blacks cant ***** about the bs whites do

Blacks can and the double standard shall exist because yall brought us over here. Enslaved us, taught us your beliefs, customs, religions, way of thinkin. Broke us down, stripped us of everything we are just so you can have that superiority over us while we suffer at the hands of your wrong doing. Yall infiltrated our families and sscrewed up the structure starting a snowball effect of damaging cycles that were passed from generation after generation. There is a ton of history where your peoples stuck it to us good and left a lasting impact. Not our fault we gotta try to right the damn ship ontop of trying to take care of our home, our business. It'll never happen over night. So we have the right to the got damn double standard here and always will because there is a history that took place that says so!

So fall back and continue doing you. Blacks can complain about the BS whites do anyday of the week. We've earned that right. You can thank your ancestors for that one. No they didnt give it, we took it like we had to take back a lot of things that was ours. Let blacks worry about fixing thier problems and fixing the problems of the whites. You worry about trying to help us fix the problems of the whites with an unbiased eye. Thats how it should be done.


"You want it both ways. But it can only be one way" -Marlo (HBO TheWire)


Banning Harry Potter? Thats retarded.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
It is almost like we are going backwords in terms of giving blacks a good reputation. First there was Martin luther king Jr. who was trying to earn civil rights for blacks and then the cosby show displaying that blacks are educated and progressing for the black people.

Today, there is the boondocks and if you have ever seen this show the N word st being thrown left and right and the kids and crap acting all uneducated and crap.

That is what i mean when undoing a process. Sorry if i communicated what im tryign to say in any racist way. I suck at being politically correct. I am not racist.

Ah what? I don't think blacks or most, if not all, minorites in this country ever get "good" reputations. So I really don't understand what your trying to say.

As for the N word, if you some of you white folks wanna use it, go for it. There are more important things in my life then bytching about the use equal treatment of using the N word.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #18
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
It is almost like we are going backwords in terms of giving blacks a good reputation. First there was Martin luther king Jr. who was trying to earn civil rights for blacks and then the cosby show displaying that blacks are educated and progressing for the black people.

Today, there is the boondocks and if you have ever seen this show the N word st being thrown left and right and the kids and crap acting all uneducated and crap.

That is what i mean when undoing a process. Sorry if i communicated what im tryign to say in any racist way. I suck at being politically correct. I am not racist.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but that really sounded like some good n*r bad n*r s#!t. So for every tattooed uneducated du rag wearing pistol toting thug, there can't be a clean cut college graduate business suit attire briefcase carrying business man? Don't buy the stereotype.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #19
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Blacks can and the double standard shall exist because yall brought us over here. Enslaved us, taught us your beliefs, customs, religions, way of thinkin. Broke us down, stripped us of everything we are just so you can have that superiority over us while we suffer at the hands of your wrong doing. Yall infiltrated our families and sscrewed up the structure starting a snowball effect of damaging cycles that were passed from generation after generation. There is a ton of history where your peoples stuck it to us good and left a lasting impact. Not our fault we gotta try to right the damn ship ontop of trying to take care of our home, our business. It'll never happen over night. So we have the right to the got damn double standard here and always will because there is a history that took place that says so!

So fall back and continue doing you. Blacks can complain about the BS whites do anyday of the week. We've earned that right. You can thank your ancestors for that one. No they didnt give it, we took it like we had to take back a lot of things that was ours. Let blacks worry about fixing thier problems and fixing the problems of the whites. You worry about trying to help us fix the problems of the whites with an unbiased eye. Thats how it should be done.


"You want it both ways. But it can only be one way" -Marlo (HBO TheWire)


Banning Harry Potter? Thats retarded.

And this is why blacks will continue to look for handouts and pray to the hills for reparations.

Hispanics live in decidedly some of the worst conditions of most third world countries. Worse than the ghettos of America. And I hate to sound like a broken record but they don't let that affect them. Mexicans go out and get it. Long as we all point back to "the white man f'ed us, let him fix us" we'll do nothing but toil in the same situation we find ourselves in today.

And instead of blaming "whitey", we should be hating our own damn ancestors. You think a team of white guys could go across the seas and bring back 200-300 slaves at a time? Blacks SOLD other blacks into slavery. They benefited from our own greediness. Instead of blaming whites for the inferior thinking that has befallen generation after generation, go back to the motherland and investigate our centuries old practice of destroying each other and tribal treachery. S#!t didn't start over here. It was just expanded upon.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default

telephone aka hawker aka

You're a teenage white boy talkin besides yourself. We have a sneaker forum. Go post there and tell the board what you asked Santa for. Dont jump in this convo. You're not even a rookie. Be gone.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default

Quote:
because yall brought us over here. Enslaved us, taught us your beliefs, customs, religions, way of thinkin. Broke us down, stripped us of everything we are just so you can have that superiority over us while we suffer at the hands of your wrong doing.

sorry but my people didnt have anything to do with that. they came over here in the mid to late 1800's. one side b/c of the Irish potato famine and the other b/c of being poor as hell in Italy.

so, i simply feel no guilt over something my family was never involved in.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #22
telephone
Banned
 
telephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: you know...
Posts: 1,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
telephone aka hawker aka

You're a teenage white boy talkin besides yourself. We have a sneaker forum. Go post there and tell the board what you asked Santa for. Dont jump in this convo. You're not even a rookie. Be gone.

You're right im not a rookie im a pro
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
sorry but my people didnt have anything to do with that. they came over here in the mid to late 1800's. one side b/c of the Irish potato famine and the other b/c of being poor as hell in Italy.

so, i simply feel no guilt over something my family was never involved in.

Making generalizations about "all whites" or "all blacks" or whatever is a dangerous thing to do... it is the forefront of what racism is.



SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
And this is why blacks will continue to look for handouts and pray to the hills for reparations.

No its really not. But find a quarter, insert it and try again perhaps?

Quote:
Hispanics live in decidedly some of the worst conditions of most third world countries. Worse than the ghettos of America. And I hate to sound like a broken record but they don't let that affect them. Mexicans go out and get it. Long as we all point back to "the white man f'ed us, let him fix us" we'll do nothing but toil in the same situation we find ourselves in today.

Who cares what Hispanics, Mexicans are doing? Not even the same boat.

Your comment in bold is blatant ignorance. You took what was said and assumed the people who feel that way, preach that for the most part are the ones who do nada and expect freebies. You call yourself a black man?

Quote:
And instead of blaming "whitey", we should be hating our own damn ancestors. You think a team of white guys could go across the seas and bring back 200-300 slaves at a time? Blacks SOLD other blacks into slavery. They benefited from our own greediness. Instead of blaming whites for the inferior thinking that has befallen generation after generation, go back to the motherland and investigate our centuries old practice of destroying each other and tribal treachery. S#!t didn't start over here. It was just expanded upon.

Oh here we go...lets go to Africa and use the white mans argument. "Africans sold us to the white man! It really started there!". Mofo gets his hands on some literature, hears some stuff on tv and eats it up. Wow, now we have noooooooo counter. Cant blame the white man for nothing because the african sold us initially. So we should hate our African ancestors and apologize to the white man for getting all "gangsterrrr".

You take that counter argument and shove it right up your ass. And I'll follow it with my phucking FOOT. It started here. You go back in history and see how the slaves were stripped of everything, mentally, emotionally and physically abused. Brain washed, KILLED. You see how the black man was punked in front of family members...shown to be weak not strong. You go back in time you bonehead and take good notice on how things went down. The white man was smart...they figured out to keep people slaves it was more than beating the skin off thier backside. You go back in time. Grab those history books and see what went on. Its bigger than words can explain.

You sit there with that weak counter. You sellout.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
so, i simply feel no guilt over something my family was never involved in.

But you feel some type of way about the double standard in regards to who can and can use the n word?
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default

Quote:
But you feel some type of way about the double standard in regards to who can and can use the n word?

b/c i want a better world. call me a sap but thats the truth.

what sad is, even if that word never existed, there would be something else that replaced it that was just as bad.



people probably wont get their sh!t together until aliens come down and kick out asses.

ie: not anytime soon, if ever.

but you can still hope.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
b/c i want a better world. call me a sap but thats the truth.

what sad is, even if that word never existed, there would be something else that replaced it that was just as bad.



people probably wont get their sh!t together until aliens come down and kick out asses.

ie: not anytime soon, if ever.

but you can still hope.

Mr Rogers neighborhood perhaps?


And i apologize if i came at you strong. I wasnt serious. Just messing around. But the argument i threw out there is an argument "some" black folks use and feel. So i didnt completely talk out my ass or make stuff up, but i wasnt being serious. Just made it come off that way.

I try not to use the n word...sometimes it slips in a conversation. But thats due to years of abusing the word growing up until you realize its not cool. Ehhh thats life.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #28
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,469
Default





hmm, Mr Rogers ehh?

maybe we DO need some hate in this world.

and dont worry, i wasnt even close to pissed. besides, i like to argue.





oh, and sorry if my whiney white side came out too much.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #29
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
sorry but my people didnt have anything to do with that. they came over here in the mid to late 1800's. one side b/c of the Irish potato famine and the other b/c of being poor as hell in Italy.

so, i simply feel no guilt over something my family was never involved in.

Yeah same for me, my family came over to get away from Germany after WW2.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #30
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So fall back and continue doing you. Blacks can complain about the BS whites do anyday of the week. We've earned that right. You can thank your ancestors for that one. No they didnt give it, we took it like we had to take back a lot of things that was ours. Let blacks worry about fixing thier problems and fixing the problems of the whites. You worry about trying to help us fix the problems of the whites with an unbiased eye. Thats how it should be done.
You earned nothing. Your ancestors did. By claiming that society owes you something that you have not earned, you diminish the horrors of slavery.

Trying to blame your current condition on the way that your ancestors were treated is a cop-out. The only person that owes you anything is you. Life is not fair and no one owes you a thing. Those two statements are not mutually exclusive. How about you take responsibility for yourself, and I take responsibility for myself?

I am responsible for myself and my family, so I paid for my own education and worked my way up in a couple of companies. When I saw the opportunity, I took some risks and started my own business. After selling that business, I started another one and eventually sold it as well. I now own a land development company and am in a position to do more for my children than my parents were able to do for me.

Do and be more than those that came before you. Be a credit to your family, your neighborhood, your school, your clubs, your friends, your business associates, and yes - your race. Anything less and you have nothing to complain about.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy