Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #31
Bourne
Valancais for RoY
 
Bourne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In da club bangin
Posts: 1,927
Bourne has not been impressing people
Default

I called the chef at my dining hall a ******.

I was eating dinner last night, it was gross, so I shouted into the kitchen "you cook like a mongrel ******!"

Supper better be better tonight.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #32
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Blacks can and the double standard shall exist because yall brought us over here. Enslaved us, taught us your beliefs, customs, religions, way of thinkin. Broke us down, stripped us of everything we are just so you can have that superiority over us while we suffer at the hands of your wrong doing. Yall infiltrated our families and sscrewed up the structure starting a snowball effect of damaging cycles that were passed from generation after generation. There is a ton of history where your peoples stuck it to us good and left a lasting impact. Not our fault we gotta try to right the damn ship ontop of trying to take care of our home, our business. It'll never happen over night. So we have the right to the got damn double standard here and always will because there is a history that took place that says so!

So fall back and continue doing you. Blacks can complain about the BS whites do anyday of the week. We've earned that right. You can thank your ancestors for that one. No they didnt give it, we took it like we had to take back a lot of things that was ours. Let blacks worry about fixing thier problems and fixing the problems of the whites. You worry about trying to help us fix the problems of the whites with an unbiased eye. Thats how it should be done.


"You want it both ways. But it can only be one way" -Marlo (HBO TheWire)


Banning Harry Potter? Thats retarded.

You, my friend, are a f#@king idiot. You say we have a right to a double standard, becuz, hey we were abused and held down. So it's our fundamental right to be f#@ked up and lazy and ignorant. Lose me with the bulls#!t. You have the fundamental right to stand up use the tools available to you and make something out of yourself. You have self made millionaires that came from nothing and made something. So don't come to me piping about it's OUR RIGHT jazz.

And here now is where I will get "gangsterrrr" on your ass. Blacks aren't the only ones that this s#!t's exclusive too. Go back to Asia and read about the Mongols. Or the Middle East where taking your slave's wife was not only a practice, it was the complete norm. YOU pick up a piece of literature and read up on some s#!t. S#!t's bigger than some colonial slavery that started on a ship from overseas. So some motherf#@kers got humiliated. I feel for them. And every one that had to break his back picking cotton and hear his teenage daughter's screams as she was porked like a piece of cattle by "massuh" and sent back to the slave shacks with blood and semen dripping from her undergarments. Or the ones that stood there like sheep as some guy rattled off numbers for them to be sold to the next farm for them to spend their eternal days making another man rich. I pity them with my entire soul.

But those are not my people. MY people are the ones that ran away and risked death rather than serving another man. MY people are the ones that got away and came back to get the others. MY people are the engineers of the Underground railroad. YOURS are the ones that said, "well, massuh held my daddy on this here ground. who am i to break tradition." MY people are the ones that said I'm not going to keep letting this dude slap me around for nothing, let's bear arms and FIGHT.

This coming from a motherf#@ker who says it's our right to complain, our RIGHT to a double standard, our right to keep rolling over and take it up the @$$. We weren't given nothing so I might as well be nothing. Because that's just what the f#@k you are today. NOTHING. Which is why you sit on your broke grown @$$, flaming at little white kids thinking your doing your half because the "white man" stuck it to us for years. Is that the reason you sit here days on ends contributing nothing to society but your BASKETBALL OPINIONS because you're too institutionalized and caught up in the cycle to do anything else. Aren't you half white Mark? So I guess some white man stuck it to your moms too and produced this angry mixed breed who's the scourge of an internet messageboard. You're a f#@king joke bruh

So if I'm a sellout because I say don't blame some white guy hundreds of years ago who bought one black man that another black man was going to use as a slave, I'll be that. But my man you're a sellshort. Cuz everyday you're selling yourself short looking at one side of the picture blaming somebody else for what your own people allowed and aided in happening. I've talked to at risk kids so they won't make the same mistakes I did. Been a counselor in a troubled kids program. What can you claim as your lasting impression to the next generation? Ownership in a Kobe Bryant thread. Stop it

And now to break it all the way down to you

You take that weak @$$ s#!t turn it sideways and go f#@k yourself with it. You don't walk like me, don't talk like me, in your wildest dreams could never BE me. You're a 5 ft Pakistani lookin, mixed breed freak house of wax face havin, couldn't have a life if you took a life, liteblack tough guy, still livin at home no job BUM, and I'd take my big black d!@k and stick you in your tan @$$ to show you what black really feels like. Post a check stub negro. Big bank take little bank. I don't need no smokin pimp hat to seal this thread cuz I bring too much heat as it is. Kill yaself f#@kbwoy

And I would call you a n***a but that would be a insult to all the wiggas and other dumbf#@k individuals that use the word.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

To be honest, in this case on the real world, i watched the episode and i also watched the aftershow, and I think there's more of a chance of his using that world out of anger, fear, as well as the fact that he was drunk. He still shouldn't have said it, but he said it once, and it was after he was scared to the point of almost sh!tting himself, but who could blame him.. the big football guy "dark kent" woulda beat the mess outta him. So, i think it was more of a retaliation in this case, black guy has got a temper.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #34
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And you're saying nothing new. You're telling me nothing I dont know nor heard before. And here comes the problem. This is like one parent trying to tell another how to raise thier kids. Its not your place.

Worry about how you're gonna even the playing fields here. Make life fair since you acknowledge there is an advantage on your side. Dont worry about another and dont complain about "fairness". Take care of your side and convince them "Hey we arent being fair here" then we meet at the table together hopefully with each side having worked on themselves.

Until then? Miss me with the bullshyt.



Looks like you have your hands full as well trying to work on the racist jackasses on your side. Hey I'll work on the black folks using the n word, and you work on the racist, I dont wanna sit with black people/mingle with them, pickup truck driving with a chain in the back (whats that for?) motherphuckers.

Deal? Now thats fair.
i would say the playing field is pretty even...if a CLEAN CUT white man and a CLEAN CUT black man were to apply for a job with the same credentials the latter would in most cases get the job. that equal oppurtunity employer crap is stupid. every time something happens in society the race card is immediately raised.......9 times out of 10 race had NOTHING to do with it. sure, there are sterotypes when hiring employees, but this doesnt soley apply to black americans. if i were to be conducting interviews for a executive postion i would be basically colorblind because to me its more about the image portrayed than the color of the portrayer. maybe it just seems as though this happens to blacks more often, but maybe because there are a higher percentage of blacks that try to have a "gangsta" image that turns employers off. this is also the case in whites...the rocker wanna be with the peircings and tatoos will be less likely to get the job than a clean cut person of any race. im not saying either of these stereotypes are right nor am i justifying racial profiling(im not naive, its there) but people of every creed and color will have to think about these things before they present their image to a potential employer. i also know that not everyone that portrays these images actually lives the lifestyle..i have alot of friends black and white that have these attributes and dont reflect the stereotype. so in conclusion, i think its more about image than color
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #35
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,494
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
i would say the playing field is pretty even...if a CLEAN CUT white man and a CLEAN CUT black man were to apply for a job with the same credentials the latter would in most cases get the job. that equal oppurtunity employer crap is stupid. every time something happens in society the race card is immediately raised.......9 times out of 10 race had NOTHING to do with it. sure, there are sterotypes when hiring employees, but this doesnt soley apply to black americans. if i were to be conducting interviews for a executive postion i would be basically colorblind because to me its more about the image portrayed than the color of the portrayer. maybe it just seems as though this happens to blacks more often, but maybe because there are a higher percentage of blacks that try to have a "gangsta" image that turns employers off. this is also the case in whites...the rocker wanna be with the peircings and tatoos will be less likely to get the job than a clean cut person of any race. im not saying either of these stereotypes are right nor am i justifying racial profiling(im not naive, its there) but people of every creed and color will have to think about these things before they present their image to a potential employer. i also know that not everyone that portrays these images actually lives the lifestyle..i have alot of friends black and white that have these attributes and dont reflect the stereotype. so in conclusion, i think its more about image than color

you must not work in the corporate world.....

it is about who has the best credentials and at the same time its not..

Its about who you know as much as what you know...

An employer most times will pick the guy with the most credentials....BUT he is likely picking from a narrowed down field of certain people he knows or is related to or owes favors to....

A good job pops up in the corporate world, you can bet your last buck that the job is already spoken for before it even gets posted.... Executives almost always have somebody in mind for good jobs, whether it be their friend, frat brother, daughter, son in law, who ever... you dont usually go into a job cold and get the position in this world

consider that........then consider how many black people (or minorities in general) would have the inside track to coveted corporate jobs.....

not more than you can count on one hand...

Quote:
if a CLEAN CUT white man and a CLEAN CUT black man were to apply for a job with the same credentials the latter would in most cases get the job

I hear about this alot..........its something you hear white people b*tch about but never see it in reality....Most companies would only hire enough blacks to avoid criticism of an all white work place....that would equal one or maybe two blacks... they arent blatantly hiring black people over whites....


My mother sent me to catholic school and told me that "they wont stop teaching to those white kids just because you are in the room.....and while they teach to them, you better listen in learn too." ...."she also used to get on my back about Bs & Cs saying "you gotta be twice as good as anybody else because if the credentials are the same, they wont pick you...you gotta be noticiably better in order to have a chance"

and to an extent its true.....minorities have to be more prepared because they are recognized as minorities on sight......and that goes as a strike against you

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 12-18-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #36
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you must not work in the corporate world.....

it is about who has the best credentials and at the same time its not..

Its about who you know as much as what you know...

An employer most times will pick the guy with the most credentials....BUT he is likely picking from a narrowed down field of certain people he knows or is related to or owes favors to....

A good job pops up in the corporate world, you can bet your last buck that the job is already spoken for before it even gets posted.... Executives almost always have somebody in mind for good jobs, whether it be their friend, frat brother, daughter, son in law, who ever... you dont usually go into a job cold and get the position in this world

consider that........then consider how many black people (or minorities in general) would have the inside track to coveted corporate jobs.....


not more than you can count on one hand...

My mother sent me to catholic school and told me that "they wont stop teaching to those white kids just because you are in the room.....and while they teach to them, you better listen in learn too." ...."she also used to get on my back about Bs & Cs saying "you gotta be twice as good as anybody else because if the credentials are the same, they wont pick you...you gotta be noticiably better in order to have a chance"

and to an extent its true.....minorities have to be more prepared because they are recognized as minorities on sight......and that goes as a strike against you
great post. your mother sounds like a smart woman. you are right, im not in the corporate world.....having the job picked out for someone is diff than racially profiling the applicants. my opinion of a minority in this case is anyone who is different looking than the norm....so in many cases a white guy can very well be a minority. i am more likely to develop preconcieved notions about a white guy with piercings, tatoos and a mohawk than a regular black guy
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #37
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,494
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
. my opinion of a minority in this case is anyone who is different looking than the norm....so in many cases a white guy can very well be a minority. i am more likely to develop preconcieved notions about a white guy with piercings, tatoos and a mohawk than a regular black guy


from a general point of view its not done soley to discriminate against minorities...but the effect leaves us out in the cold much more noticably than white guys..

but you are right.. that guy with the mohawk is scratched immediately....he isnt scratched because of the way he looks, but because he doesnt know the right people... If he had a college degree and he was the boss's son or nephew or old frat buddy, he'd have the job no matter what he looked like...

Ive seen jobs created out of thin air just to help people get in..play with the wording a bit...style the qualiifications so that only the person you want to have the job will qualify for it...and then hold a psuedo-hiring process with interviews when the employer already knows who will get it...and Im not simply complaining because Ive had jobs created for me. but I also see why it so hard to get a good job these days...

Some employers are racist and they use deceptive tactics to enforce this belief..

mostly though its just the dynamic of hiring practices where the people who know people get the better jobs first and that puts most minorities at a disadvantage right off the bat... but it also puts alot of poor/ middle class whites at a disadvantage too...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,426
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

I didnt know you were black Batman but anyway i think it is disgraceful for anyone of any ethnicity to say the word. I gotten into a few scuffles when im hanging with all white people and they use the n-word talking about one of my black friends. As a matter of fact when im singing a song i actually will stop not say it and then pick it up where i left off. Thats just how i was raised and taught to be respectful because if someone called me a cracker or a honkie i would get offended and pissed off. Hip Hop culture promotes it with promotes it and young black males such as themselves should set a better example for the public. The civil rights movement was so hard and such a struggle that youd think the artists and other blacks would recognize what there ancestors did to try and end the use of that word and then they go off and promote it. It is a damn shame.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #39
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,366
jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

blacks use it as a term of endearment. i personally think it's pretty lame, but i'm not black.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,426
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
blacks use it as a term of endearment. i personally think it's pretty lame, but i'm not black.

cosign im not black either
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #41
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I didnt know you were black Batman but anyway i think it is disgraceful for anyone of any ethnicity to say the word. I gotten into a few scuffles when im hanging with all white people and they use the n-word talking about one of my black friends. As a matter of fact when im singing a song i actually will stop not say it and then pick it up where i left off. Thats just how i was raised and taught to be respectful because if someone called me a cracker or a honkie i would get offended and pissed off. Hip Hop culture promotes it with promotes it and young black males such as themselves should set a better example for the public. The civil rights movement was so hard and such a struggle that youd think the artists and other blacks would recognize what there ancestors did to try and end the use of that word and then they go off and promote it. It is a damn shame.

Oh yeah. Over 6 ft tall, tattooed, all that jazz. But none of the gold grillz or slugged up. No white tees, pants hangin all off my @$$. I wear my clothes a little bit bigger because to me that makes them more comfortable. My jeans are bigger so my nuts can breathe. I wear button downs and Sean John cuz I take pride in my appearance. And I'm more articulate than you would think glancing at my appearance.

I liked how Rasheed and euclaire can get in here and discuss and not have to resort to calling each other "sellouts." Guess some poster's maturity level just isn't there.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:56 PM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,426
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Oh yeah. Over 6 ft tall, tattooed, all that jazz. But none of the gold grillz or slugged up. No white tees, pants hangin all off my @$$. I wear my clothes a little bit bigger because to me that makes them more comfortable. My jeans are bigger so my nuts can breathe. I wear button downs and Sean John cuz I take pride in my appearance. And I'm more articulate than you would think glancing at my appearance.

I liked how Rasheed and euclaire can get in here and discuss and not have to resort to calling each other "sellouts." Guess some poster's maturity level just isn't there.

Where is the maturity level thing coming from?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #43
telephone
Banned
 
telephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: you know...
Posts: 1,319
telephone has an OK reputation so far
Default

I have a black english teacher at my community college. I take that class as part of a "dual credit" program for my high school. Anyways, we were discussing connotation and denotation of words. She used the N word as an example. May i remind you she IS black. Our whole class is white except for an indian and a black guy. IT was awkward but she actually was asking us to give the connotation and denotation of the word.

I think she agrees that it is different for black people to say it to each other but I dont think she says it in public. But the thing is that she was ABLE to use it as an example because she is black. Could a white teacher do that? No, because he would be considered racist. I believe a white man should be able to use that as an example but still not be racist.

And the only reason why she used that as an example is because it was a college course so the high school cant do **** to her.

What do you guys think about that?
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #44
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Where is the maturity level thing coming from?

everybody's favorite 'angry guy in gym who argues every call.'

you'd have to read the thread to understand
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #45
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
I have a black english teacher at my community college. I take that class as part of a "dual credit" program for my high school. Anyways, we were discussing connotation and denotation of words. She used the N word as an example. May i remind you she IS black. Our whole class is white except for an indian and a black guy. IT was awkward but she actually was asking us to give the connotation and denotation of the word.

I think she agrees that it is different for black people to say it to each other but I dont think she says it in public. But the thing is that she was ABLE to use it as an example because she is black. Could a white teacher do that? No, because he would be considered racist. I believe a white man should be able to use that as an example but still not be racist.

And the only reason why she used that as an example is because it was a college course so the high school cant do **** to her.

What do you guys think about that?

If it was a white teacher, she'd be fired. No ifs ands or buts about it
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy