Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default Best case scenario

We finish the Hawks off in Atlanta and Boston puts up some sort of a fight at home.

We are going to haveto bring our A game to beat Miami but if we manage to polish off the Hawks quick I think the ECH will be a harder task than whoever comes out of the West.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Re: Best case scenario

The quicker we finish off the Hawks and the longer the Heat-Celtics series lasts the better it is for us. No doubt about it. We have a few guys that are banged up and could use a few days rest. And the fact that the opponent would be worn out is always beneficial. If we finish in 5 hopefully the Celtics can push the Heat to 6 or 7 games. I see Miami ultimately advancing and facing us in the ECF, but I want them to have to fight Boston for as long as possible.

Next round against Miami will be tough (I see it going 6 if not 7 games). We definately have a chance. Most people (outside of us Bulls fans) dont think so but nobody thought we'd have this good of a season and they were all wrong and that includes alot of us Bulls fans.

They've exceeded pretty much all of our expectations. I think the majority of us on the Bulls Forum here thought that we'd make it into the 2nd round and a few of us said ECF, but I think almost all of us have had our expectations met by far.

We do have the type of team needed in order to beat Miami, but we'll need everyone and I mean everyone to be running on all cylinders for us to be able to defeat them. Going against the Pacers and Hawks is one thing. We can afford to have Boozer, Noah and even Rose have bad games while still finding ways to win with our depth, defense and rebounding. In order for us to beat Miami we'll need all of our starters to play their best and have our bench outplay Miami's bench.

I do know one thing for sure. The ECF series with our Bulls against the Heat will be the series that I'm most excited for since Jordan and Pippen.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

If Chicago plays like they did last night, they can beat anyone.

Kind of sucks if we play Miami though, it'll definitely be DWade on Rose. If there was one player I wouldn't want guarding Rose, it'd be Wade.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
We finish the Hawks off in Atlanta and Boston puts up some sort of a fight at home.

We are going to haveto bring our A game to beat Miami but if we manage to polish off the Hawks quick I think the ECH will be a harder task than whoever comes out of the West.

Bulls defense have been consistently very good. I know a lot of it is bec they do endless defensive drills but Im worried about how they will deal with the Heat or Celtic's vaunted defense. Im hoping Thibs would bring more innovative offensive schemes in the 3rd round bec I strongly feel the Heat or the Celtics would display their best defensive sets and try to smother Rose and Deng.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
If Chicago plays like they did last night, they can beat anyone.

Kind of sucks if we play Miami though, it'll definitely be DWade on Rose. If there was one player I wouldn't want guarding Rose, it'd be Wade.
On the contrary, I want Wade guarding Rose. Wade is not as quick and nimble as he used to be so chasing Rose around will tax him and we can run Bogans and Brewer at him in waves on d.

My worry is them hitting their outside shots, JJ, Lebron, Wade, Bibby, Miller, and Chalmers.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
On the contrary, I want Wade guarding Rose. Wade is not as quick and nimble as he used to be so chasing Rose around will tax him and we can run Bogans and Brewer at him in waves on d.

My worry is them hitting their outside shots, JJ, Lebron, Wade, Bibby, Miller, and Chalmers.
I agree with you. But I think the smart thing to do would be start chalmers let rose play on him, and just have Bronzy/Wade play offense. because Deng might kill you twice in a 7 game series at most. I'd save all the energy for offense. but that's just me,
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I agree with you. But I think the smart thing to do would be start chalmers let rose play on him, and just have Bronzy/Wade play offense. because Deng might kill you twice in a 7 game series at most. I'd save all the energy for offense. but that's just me,
Yeah, we need Deng, Brewer, Bogans, and Korver to make them work on defense.

If we frustrate them on that end and force them to play 1 on 5 on offense we have a good shot at winning the series.

I think if Rose comes out and scores well and our defense is stout we can throw them for a loop because their solidarity is not a strong point.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Our defense and rebounding should and most likely will always keep us competitive at this point no matter who are opponent is. I'm confident that we can beat any team in the league in a 7-game series. Our defense and rebounding is truly special when all of our guys are on the same page, focused, and putting in full effort. That is what sets us apart from other teams. Our offense is what will be the difference. Whether we play the Celtics or Heat (they both play great defensively) our offense is going to have to be clicking in order for us to advance to the Finals.

It's crucial for our offense to play to its strenghts.

Tonight's game 4 might be the difference between us finishing the Hawks in 5 games or them possibly pushing us to 7 games.

Let's come out and get this Win and a commanding 3-1 lead!

We're going to need as much rest as possible. And let the Celtics and Heat battle eachother for as long as possible. I'm keeeping my fingers crossed for their series to go 7 games.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:

I dunno, Mavs seem more dangerous than the Celtics do. And at least equally as dangerous as the Heat. They just shit all over the Lakers and swept them. They have a soft WCF ahead of them too. They will be fully rested going in to the Finals, and there's still a possibility they can add to their already legit team with Caron Butler possibly coming back.

I agree that we need to finish off the Hawks asap though. We can't "finish them in Atlanta", since it's a 2-1 series. . .we'd have to go back to Chicago to finish, assuming we win tonight. But yeah, if the Bulls win out the series, the extra rest is going to be vital for Boozer. Hopefully the Heat/Celtics series goes long.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

If it is a 2-3-2 series we could finish them in the Atl. Is that not the format?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
I dunno, Mavs seem more dangerous than the Celtics do. And at least equally as dangerous as the Heat. They just shit all over the Lakers and swept them. They have a soft WCF ahead of them too. They will be fully rested going in to the Finals, and there's still a possibility they can add to their already legit team with Caron Butler possibly coming back.

I agree that we need to finish off the Hawks asap though. We can't "finish them in Atlanta", since it's a 2-1 series. . .we'd have to go back to Chicago to finish, assuming we win tonight. But yeah, if the Bulls win out the series, the extra rest is going to be vital for Boozer. Hopefully the Heat/Celtics series goes long.

As far as matchups go I don't really worry about the Mavs.

I think the Heat present more problems for us and the Celtics are done with Rondo playing injured....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: