Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
DCL
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,269
Default Jordan would had raped these Mavs

if i ever hear another kobe is as good as jordan talk......
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
zay_24
Local High School Star
 
zay_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
if i ever hear another kobe is as good as jordan talk......

Jordan never had a winning season until pippen came along
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
rodman91
Bulls
 
rodman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,098
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
juju151111
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,209
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Obviously, MJ>KB Kobe needs to score more points with migets like kidd and Stevenson on him. Tried to go hero mode in the 4th and failed.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
schism206
Serious playground baller
 
schism206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 485
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Jordan never had a winning season until pippen came along
that's just inviting the kobe needed shaq and then pau gasol arguements. pau has sucked this series and the lakers are losing, doesn't that start to make sense now?
schism206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Calabis
Good college starter
 
Calabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Jordan never had a winning season until pippen came along
Yet Jordan still won when Pippen played bad....
Kobe most overrated great player ever
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Calabis
Good college starter
 
Calabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism206
that's just inviting the kobe needed shaq and then pau gasol arguements. pau has sucked this series and the lakers are losing, doesn't that start to make sense now?

Makes it much clearer who was the real MVP in last years finals
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
zay_24
Local High School Star
 
zay_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Yet Jordan still won when Pippen played bad....
Kobe most overrated great player ever
Lol, Jordan needed Rodman to bail him out in the 96 finals

5-19
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 4,081
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Makes it much clearer who was the real MVP in last years finals

I'd hope the vast majority of 'sensible' nba fans would know it wasn't Kobe.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
schism206
Serious playground baller
 
schism206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 485
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Lol, Jordan needed Rodman to bail him out in the 96 finals

5-19

all i know is with the lakers down 0-3 to the mavs, especially with kobe's disappearance in the 4th, bringing up a kobe > jordan arguement is going to be fighting a losing battle, just like the lakers.
schism206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,711
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

This type of 'breakdown' the Lakers have been going through, would've never happened under MJ's watch.

His teammates may have hated MJ at times, but at least they feared/respected him.

This Lakers team has been off kilter since the regular season. There's always something wrong with this Lakers team. And that's due to the lack of true leadership.

They've always won because they're just too talented to lose to most of their opponents.

Kobe isn't the leader MJ was and specially the player MJ was, plain and simple. Never has been, never will.

No matter how many times the media wants to push their agenda, MJ>>>>>>>>> Kobe.

Another things worth noting......

MJ's legacy takes an even bigger jump since he won without a dominant front court. We're starting to see that Kobe needs a dominant front court to win, MJ did this in an era filled with better front court players.

Another thing worth noting.......

Toughness and strong mental fortitude>>>>>>>> skill

I don't give a f*ck, but players like Kobe wouldn't be as great if they played back then. Let's not get into players like Gasol and other of today's soft big men. Physical play makes it tough both mentally and physically, something we've been trying to say for years. And this series is yet another example, and the Mavs aren't even a tough physical team!
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #12
zay_24
Local High School Star
 
zay_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism206
all i know is with the lakers down 0-3 to the mavs, especially with kobe's disappearance in the 4th, bringing up a kobe > jordan arguement is going to be fighting a losing battle, just like the lakers.
Didnt Kobe drop 42 on jordan in one half
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Calabis
Good college starter
 
Calabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,079
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Lol, Jordan needed Rodman to bail him out in the 96 finals

5-19

Lmao Rodman didn't avg 15/10, nor did Pippen..nice try though

6-24

[IMG][/IMG]
Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,711
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Makes it much clearer who was the real MVP in last years finals

Agreed.

I was noting this both seasons.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
zay_24
Local High School Star
 
zay_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,511
Default Re: Jordan would had raped these Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
This type of 'breakdown' the Lakers have been going through, would've never happened under MJ's watch.

His teammates may have hated MJ at times, but at least they feared/respected him.

This Lakers team has been off kilter since the regular season. There's always something wrong with this Lakers team. And that's due to the lack of true leadership.

They've always won because they're just too talented to lose to most of their opponents.

Kobe isn't the leader MJ was and specially the player MJ was, plain and simple. Never has been, never will.

No matter how many times the media wants to push their agenda, MJ>>>>>>>>> Kobe.

Another things worth noting......

MJ's legacy takes an even bigger jump since he won without a dominant front court. We're starting to see that Kobe needs a dominant front court to win, MJ did this in an era filled with better front court players.

Another thing worth noting.......

Toughness and strong mental fortitude>>>>>>>> skill

I don't give a f*ck, but players like Kobe wouldn't be as great if they played back then. Let's not get into players like Gasol and other of today's soft big men. Physical play makes it tough both mentally and physically, something we've been trying to say for years. And this series is yet another example, and the Mavs aren't even a tough physical team!


This generation has better shooters, scorers, and big men than MJs era, stop it 5
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy