Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-21-2006, 01:51 AM   #16
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

Phil has 9 Pat has 5
Phil had Jordan,Kobe,Shaq,Pippen
Pat had Magic,Kareem,Worthy,D-wade,Shaq,Hardaway,Eddie Jones,Zo,

Pat has well over 25 years coaching
Phil has not hit 20 years yet

So please tell me who the better coach is.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:56 AM   #17
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

Phil's a great coach too, but he's after Riley imo. Riley has done it with different styles in different eras and in more impactful manner (as he was the team architect also). If Phil takes Kobe to a title then this discussion is worth having again.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:12 AM   #18
itsmedamien
I airball my layups

itsmedamien has an OK reputation so far
Default .........

Quote:
Phil's a great coach too, but he's after Riley imo.

Thank God it's just your opinion. Phil has gotten the better of Pat when their respective teams have gone head to head in playoff series.
itsmedamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:13 AM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Phil Jackson didn't lose to 8th seed as a #1. Gotta give it to him.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #20
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Phil Jackson didn't lose to 8th seed as a #1. Gotta give it to him.

That 8th seed was had many stars on it and only played around 50 games together , given the chance they could of easily got up to the number 4/5 seed with 82 games
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 AM   #21
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool

PJ was the #1 coach in the NBA up until this season. After this, Riley has taken back the mantle. Winning a title after 18 year gap proves a lot!
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #22
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

Phil has 9 Pat has 5

Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #23
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd take either one of them and be happy as hell. Phil has more rings, but I don't think it proves him to be the better coach.

Riley has taken 3 teams to the finals. Probably could've had more rings with those laker teams if they were playing in the 90s. Having to compete against maybe the best team ever in Philly in 82, And those Celtics and Rocket teams amongst other great teams is a part of the greatest era the NBA ever had. Not trying to put hypotheticals out there, but that is fact. He's also great in the front office

But if Im picking I'd flip a coin and take either. And I think the fact that they are willing to adapt a bit to their players, and not be absolute stubborn a**holes put them above Larry Brown.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:56 AM   #24
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

9 rings > 5 rings.

3 3peats > no 3peats

and to respond to phil always coaching with the most dominant in the game...maybe its his system that creates great players. besides, riley had wade and shaq, i dont know what more you want

in the end though, you cant go wrong with either, but you cant solely judge them on who they coached because usually, winning the championship highlights a great player anyways.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #25
G.O.P
I airball my layups

G.O.P has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe#1fan
Phil has 9 Pat has 5

Thats true and all, but also keep in mind that Phil Jackson never led a team to the finals from a team that HE assembled. Not to take anything from Phil, but Phil Jackson has always been givin the talent ... HE hasn't assembled it like Riley has in the past. So of those extra years Riley spent coaching, he pretty much did his own assembling, and tweaking to his team.
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:58 AM   #26
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I think Phil has a better regular season regular, better playoff record...more championships in less years coached...took a very weak team to the playoffs, nearly defeating a 2nd seed team. Don't get confused, LA are rediculously weak. Take away Kobe and they have nothing...Odom has been inconsistant for the first part of the year, and LA still won 45 games. Their front-line was Kwame & Mihm...their PG was Smush Parker...their best bench player was Luke Walton. People say Phil always had a talented team, well then how come everytime he STARTS with a franchise they WIN a championship next year. Is that a coincidence? He did it for Chicago...he did it when he came to LA, RIGHT AWAY he had a three-peat for both of those franchises. They never won before he came, and they all had that talent...so I call bullsh*t on the crap some of you write. Phil took a weak team to the playoffs...before I read that Larry Brown was better then Phil because he took a weak Clippers team to the playoffs....well Phil achieved the same feat this season as well, taking a weak Laker team to the playoffs.

That's greatness...no way in hell Riley is the better coach, get of his d*ck people.

Last edited by West-Side : 06-21-2006 at 04:02 AM.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 AM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I'd still take Phil over Pat.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:06 AM   #28
I hit open layups

newbie has an OK reputation so far

again, Riley won a title as a gm/coach. that in itself, being the GM and coach, gives Riley a slight edge. he orchestrated/created this team and coached them to a title. the players were given to Phil Jackson.

Last edited by newbie : 06-21-2006 at 04:09 AM.
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #29
G.O.P
I airball my layups

G.O.P has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I think Phil has a better regular season regular, better playoff record...more championships in less years coached...took a very weak team to the playoffs, nearly defeating a 2nd seed team. Don't get confused, LA are rediculously weak. Take away Kobe and they have nothing...Odom has been inconsistant for the first part of the year, and LA still won 45 games. Their front-line was Kwame & Mihm...their PG was Smush Parker...their best bench player was Luke Walton. People say Phil always had a talented team, well then how come everytime he STARTS with a franchise they WIN a championship next year. Is that a coincidence? He did it for Chicago...he did it when he came to LA, RIGHT AWAY he had a three-peat for both of those franchises. They never won before he came, and they all had that talent...so I call bullsh*t on the crap some of you write. Phil took a weak team to the playoffs...before I read that Larry Brown was better then Phil because he took a weak Clippers team to the playoffs....well Phil achieved the same feat this season as well, taking a weak Laker team to the playoffs.

That's greatness...no way in hell Riley is the better coach, get of his d*ck people.

Relax there buddy, I never said Colonel Sanders was a bad coach. I just said, he hasn't assembled teams like Riley has
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #30
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Riley gets the nod from me if for no other reason than Showtime. I just wish I got to see more of it than I have.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: