Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
sic
Decent playground baller

sic has an OK reputation so far

Any coach that can take a team with Antoine walker as a starter to a championship is the absolute best.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #32
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Praise Walker. Walker is the GOAT.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #33
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

But in winning 1 championship, Riley has destroyed any chance that miami has of winning another one unless lebron never plays again or something. By bringing in shaq, walker, and co riley got rid of a core that with wade's insane improvement could have been a real dynasty. Odom, Butler, Haslem, Wade, that's a team that could have won this year still but would have been able to win for a whole lot longer. From next year wade will be in the same boat as lebron. Him against the world.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #34
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.P
Thats true and all, but also keep in mind that Phil Jackson never led a team to the finals from a team that HE assembled. Not to take anything from Phil, but Phil Jackson has always been givin the talent ... HE hasn't assembled it like Riley has in the past. So of those extra years Riley spent coaching, he pretty much did his own assembling, and tweaking to his team.

I understand what your saying, but you have to compare coaching not being a general manager. You can't fault phil for not doing something coaches are not designed to do.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #35
itsmedamien
I airball my layups

itsmedamien has an OK reputation so far
Default ..........

Quote:
But in winning 1 championship, Riley has destroyed any chance that miami has of winning another one unless lebron never plays again or something. By bringing in shaq, walker, and co riley got rid of a core that with wade's insane improvement could have been a real dynasty. Odom, Butler, Haslem, Wade, that's a team that could have won this year still but would have been able to win for a whole lot longer. From next year wade will be in the same boat as lebron. Him against the world.

I hear ya, but I'd rather win one definite championship than have many "chances" at many rings as a contender. A lot of teams have the talent but to actually win it is something else. GP and the Sonics were one of the most talented teams from the early to mid 90's but nothing came of it. The Kings were championship contenders for a short while but they never got over the hump. The hardest one to win is the first one and the Heat did it. I can care less if it came at the expense of some younger talents. There is no shame in doing Florida Marlins style because nobody can take away that title as the best team in the league.
itsmedamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #36
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I just said, he hasn't assembled teams like Riley has

He never had that opportunity...I remember hearing the same excuse for why Larry Brown was the better coach, because Phil never took a mediocre team to the playoffs...but he was never given that chance until last season, and check it out...Lakers made the playoffs, nearly advanced to the 2nd round.

I don't think because Riley had more variety as a coach, that makes him better...coaches ultimate goal is to WIN games, both coaches had a sh*t load of talent around them...Phil has more wins, better playoff margin, more championships in less years coached....took a mediocre team to the playoffs...as far as him putting a team together, I think he'll do awesome at that. He's a picky coach for a reason, because he knows what kind of leadership, experience, and intelligence he needs to win games...and he sure has proven that.

Riley being better then Phil NEVER crossed my mind and the only reason it has for most of you is because of the current state these two coaches are in.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #37
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

aint nuttin wrong with walker
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe#1fan
Phil has 9 Pat has 5
Phil had Jordan,Kobe,Shaq,Pippen
Pat had Magic,Kareem,Worthy,D-wade,Shaq,Hardaway,Eddie Jones,Zo,

Pat has well over 25 years coaching
Phil has not hit 20 years yet

So please tell me who the better coach is.

is funny how you completely disregard the fact that riley won 4 rings in the showtimers era when even jordan was getting owned in the first round.

riley's 4 rings in the 80's are much more impressive than phil's 9 in the 90's and 00's.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #39
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiprocappa

thats bull bro this team wouldnt have won jack without shaquille o'neal. :stupid:
Old 09-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #40
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Phil has nine rings, but Riley has 5 and the ability to win a title as a gm/coach is the equalizer IMO. Probably even puts him over Phil though it is arguable.

This is laughable....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Now first things first Im a die-hard Knicks fan. With that said I was still rooting for Pat Riley cause he is the best coach of modern day. Maybe even GM/Prsident/Co-owner too. I wish the knicks still had him. My knicks would not be as bad as they are now if Riley could have got that GM spot from NY. But back to the Heat. Actually Miami can REPEAT. Here is why. You got at least the 3rd best player in the game. Wade can do EVERYTHING. Just like Lebron, Kobe. The best motivator in the game in Riley. Riley brought the most known mis-fits like walker, posey williams, and added them to real gametime performs like shaq, wade, mourning. Man Mourning was a beast!! He completely destrpyed Dallas slashers and frontcourt. He also rendered Ben Wallace useless against Miami. (Oh the Bulls fans think they are better than you guys. Check their posts). Plus Miami has the exact team back, so I could imagine what Pat Riley has up his sleeve to top the mystery bowl. The challenge to REPEAT will be the motivator. Like i said Riley is the best Coach of modern day. Good Luck to him. And I for one miss him. Wish he was still with my Knicks.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #42
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wish you laker fans would stop with the "80s were the best" nonsense. it wasnt the most competive, or the most exciting, or anything else for that matter. as for jackson vs riley, jackson has taken three different teams to three threepeats. the first bulls threepeat roster was totally different from the second. he kept the bulls in championship contention when jordan retired and was replaced by pete myers. and alot of people forget the fact that the bulls not only were competing against other teams but they were competing against their own front office. the jerrys wanted to break up that team and start over. and as soon as they lost he (PHIL JACKSON) would loose his job. how many coaches have ever had to endure that? you get fired if you dont win a championship. not to mention putting up with super egos in jordan and pippen, not to mention rodman.and then he had to put up with the circus that was the chicago bulls whom some have compared to the beatles rock group.hell, rileys knicks barely beat phils bulls without jordan in 94. and im not even gonna get into the fiasco that was the shaq and kobe led lakers. and they still won three titles and went to a fourth. and probably should have won that one. as for riley, he has built one team the miami heat. paul westhead built the showtime lakers and they had already won a championship before rilley even got there as head coach. alot of his teams have underavhieved. lost to teams they had no buisness loosing to (refer to the 90s knicks and the showtime lakers). so with all that i wrote how can you say that riley is better than phil?
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #43
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow i guess i shut you riley fans up.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #44
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarJordan
Both as a coach and as a GM/Leader.

Phil Jackson has never won a league title without the player considered most dominant player in the game. Riley just did.

and this comming from a jordan fan ?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #45
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:

sure, i mean lebron is such a dominant force who is winning 75 games each season ! the heat are probably dead scared of cleveland
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: