Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #16
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Where's a Horny when you need one....?
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #17
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

I'm hoping with the recent minutes Brewer & Giricek have got that they will have figured out what it takes to stay in the rotation.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #18
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
Where's a Horny when you need one....?

(Raises Hand amongst other things.)
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #19
lowblok

After reading what O'Connor had to say about the roster, I really hope he doesn't move Millsap or Brewer....

Collins, Hoffa or Giricek I could live with but not the rookies.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
After reading what O'Connor had to say about the roster, I really hope he doesn't move Millsap or Brewer....

Collins, Hoffa or Giricek I could live with but not the rookies.

If you trade Brewer, Hoffa, Giricek for Maggette. Thing is, Maggette is proven, he's at a near all-star level when in the right situation and playing good. I like Brewer, I think he can play and may one day end up being a fine player. But he's got a slightly light build, has a weird shot and other question marks. I think he'll work through all that and be fine, possibly very good some day, but just how far does his upside go? Is Brewer going to be better than Maggette, more likely his best would be where Maggette is now. One bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush, "Maggette IS, what Brewer MAY become."

I don't know.. I was thinking it over. You're going to have to give up something in order to get something. You don't want to trade for the sake of trading, but you don't want to let the Jazz throw away an oppurtunity to possibly go to the finals this year just to have a player that MAY be as good as Maggette some day and by that time the other Jazz guys may have injuries and who knows what. I love Brewer and Millsap's potential, but you don't want to fall in love with guys and hold onto them while dismissing better strategies. I wouldn't trade them for most of what's out there, but Maggette's at a level now that they will probably never top, and I don't think he's even playing at his best, his upside is even greater than there's ever would be. On top of that, I think Maggette is a bargain at 7 million a year until 2009 and would like to come to Utah. Talk about adding something to the Jazz's starting lineup. We get nothing from Brewer now, and to trade him isn't going to hurt the teams chemistry, if we can get a young all-star shooting guard like Maggette for him, I say go for it.

C - Okur
PF - Boozer
SF - Kirilenko
SG - Maggette
PG - Williams

That's a hell of a fine lineup.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 01-05-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
lowblok

Yeah, having thought about it a little more you're absolutely right........Like O'Connor said, they've gone from let's wait and see to let's go deep into the play-offs.

Atleast we will still have CJ to wait on......
Old 01-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #22
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
If you trade Brewer, Hoffa, Giricek for Maggette. Thing is, Maggette is proven, he's at a near all-star level when in the right situation and playing good. I like Brewer, I think he can play and may one day end up being a fine player. But he's got a slightly light build, has a weird shot and other question marks. I think he'll work through all that and be fine, possibly very good some day, but just how far does his upside go? Is Brewer going to be better than Maggette, more likely his best would be where Maggette is now. One bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush, "Maggette IS, what Brewer MAY become."

I don't know.. I was thinking it over. You're going to have to give up something in order to get something. You don't want to trade for the sake of trading, but you don't want to let the Jazz throw away an oppurtunity to possibly go to the finals this year just to have a player that MAY be as good as Maggette some day and by that time the other Jazz guys may have injuries and who knows what. I love Brewer and Millsap's potential, but you don't want to fall in love with guys and hold onto them while dismissing better strategies. I wouldn't trade them for most of what's out there, but Maggette's at a level now that they will probably never top, and I don't think he's even playing at his best, his upside is even greater than there's ever would be. On top of that, I think Maggette is a bargain at 7 million a year until 2009 and would like to come to Utah. Talk about adding something to the Jazz's starting lineup. We get nothing from Brewer now, and to trade him isn't going to hurt the teams chemistry, if we can get a young all-star shooting guard like Maggette for him, I say go for it.

C - Okur
PF - Boozer
SF - Kirilenko
SG - Maggette
PG - Williams

That's a hell of a fine lineup.

good points. Maggette's still young so it's not like we're picking up an old vet to ride for a year or 2. Besides, have you noticed? no one the jazz trades or lets go ever blossoms. It's like players seem peak out with the jazz and sink everywhere else. Let's bring the Dukie on!
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #23
lowblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
Let's bring the Dukie on!

Bring all the Dukies to the Jazz & make em wear the 'Carolina blue' uniforms!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: