Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #136
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How good do you think we are next year?

Quote:
He's worth it more than Jefferson, Harris and Raja are worth what they get paid.
I'm usually the first guy to say Harris is not worth what he gets, but AK just isn't worth 2 million less then Harris. He just doesn't bring much to the table anymore. He's always injured, terribly inconsistent on offense and not really huge on defense like he used to be.
Quote:
He would make them better.
Over a Hayward/Howard rotation, he's probably a minimal upgrade, but that just depends on how those guys do I guess.

Quote:
The only guy that even has the potential to give them what AK did defensively is Evans
AK gets 1 block and 1 steal on D anymore. Not really a huge deal, and it's not like he does a ton else. Yeah, he's a pretty good rotational defender, but definitely replaceable, and he's never been a stopper on the perimeter or in the post. He was basically their third best defender behind Millsap and Favors last year, and while that's a loss, it's not worth dropping 7 million on him for.

Quote:
and he hasn't shown the ball handling and unselfish passing skills of AK(which are really needed with Harris at the 1) or rather he can do it consistently in a real game.
I agree they need to do something about passing, but he really isn't going to fix the fact that basically the whole ball club can't pass the ball minus Hayward and Watson.

Quote:
We still have no idea what AK will actually take to come back. He's supposedly asking for 9. Think he makes 5 in Russia some of which he has already made. He says he wants to be in Utah and in the NBA. They said they wanted him back. 7 or 8 is about right I'd say. Might be able to get him for considerably less? His market is drying up by the day to. NJ. Sacremento signed Hayes and Outlaw. Do they have anymore interest? Anyone else?
Well I do remember him saying a while ago that he wanted to end his career in Russia, so maybe that's what he's doing. So it might very well take an unreasonable offer to get him back from there, especially since they're already paying him just about what he's worth and he's playing like a superstar over there.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #137
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
He's always injured, terribly inconsistent on offense and not really huge on defense like he used to be.

He's injury prone, not always injured. That was Boozer. Say what you will about his D they've got no one close to him at that end and he can bring it from 3 positions. If he didn't have to cover so much ground because his teammates weren't so bad he'd be even more effective.

Quote:
Over a Hayward/Howard rotation, he's probably a minimal upgrade, but that just depends on how those guys do I guess.

You forgot the now worthless Raja is deep in the mix.

Quote:
AK gets 1 block and 1 steal on D anymore. Not really a huge deal

If stats meant much especially defensively. He makes plays.

Quote:
but definitely replaceable

Sure but they have yet to do that.

Quote:
he's never been a stopper on the perimeter

Sure he has. Maybe not consistently but I watched him shut Kobe down for a half before Karl and John left or in the post. He couldn't even get off a shot.

Quote:
I agree they need to do something about passing, but he really isn't going to fix the fact that basically the whole ball club can't pass the ball minus Hayward and Watson.

Add one more guy that distributes and it certainly helps. You forgot the best passer of all of them Tinsley and maybe Burks.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-23-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #138
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Steve Luhm: Jazz have 13 players on the roster. O'Connor says an addition is possible. Will be watching the waiver wire. Twitter
Old 12-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #139
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

O'Connor admitted the Jazz could use another shooter in Okur's absence. But the Jazz general manager pointed to the continued development and post versatility of second-year big man Derrick Favors as being a reason the trade was possible.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #140
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He's injury prone, not always injured. That was Boozer.
He's been injured for basically 3 straight years. He had that year in 10 where he looked great and then went down for the last 20 games + the playoffs. Other then those 60 games that season he hasn't been healthy for a long time.

Quote:
Say what you will about his D they've got no one close to him at that end and he can bring it from 3 positions.
Like I already said, Millsap and Favors do a lot more then him on defense.

Quote:
You forgot the now worthless Raja is deep in the mix.
I don't see Raja playing SF much. Who I really forgot is worthless CJ Miles who is projected to start at SF. Great way to make me lose all my confidence in Corbin in one move...

Quote:
If stats meant much especially defensively. He makes plays.
The plays he makes are those 1 block and 1 steal. He's not like Dwight Howard where 2.5 blocks doesn't really represent what he does. He gets a block a game from running over from the weak side, and he gets a steal playing the passing lanes. Like I said, not a big deal since he doesn't do much else. He doesn't make defensive mistakes, but the Jazz aren't full of guys who do excluding Miles.

Quote:
Sure he has. Maybe not consistently but I watched him shut Kobe down for a half before Karl and John left or in the post. He couldn't even get off a shot.
I definitely don't remember that, but even if that's so, that's nearly a decade ago.

Quote:
Add one more guy that distributes and it certainly helps. You forgot the best passer of all of them Tinsley and maybe Burks.
I don't think Tinsley is getting much playing time over Price or Watson. He hasn't been in the league for quite some time.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #141
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
He's been injured for basically 3 straight years. He had that year in 10 where he looked great and then went down for the last 20 games + the playoffs. Other then those 60 games that season he hasn't been healthy for a long time.

That's what your get for his high energy play. He;s like Camby. Your know they are going to miss games here and there. He hasn't been like Boozer where he misses months at a time.

Quote:
Like I already said, Millsap and Favors do a lot more then him on defense.

And they suck! They need more guys to get after it not less.

Quote:
I don't see Raja playing SF much.

No but he is in the picture for minutes at the 2 and 3. They can all play the 2.

Quote:
Who I really forgot is worthless CJ Miles who is projected to start at SF. Great way to make me lose all my confidence in Corbin in one move...

Remains to be seen? He started one pre-season game and came off the bench in another. Sloan started him too. I'm sure your a Jerry supporter. O'Conner should be looking to move him. Burks and Haywood have made him expendable. I don't see him as worthless though. He is still young and improving. Raja is old and done.

Quote:
He gets a block a game from running over from the weak side

And who else is going to give you that. If he had more help he could concentrate more on one man.

Quote:
I definitely don't remember that, but even if that's so, that's nearly a decade ago.

Look it up. Was incredible. Kobe finally got off a couple prayers at the end and in typical douchebag fashion didn't give AK any credit.

Quote:
I don't think Tinsley is getting much playing time over Price or Watson. He hasn't been in the league for quite some time.

You mean Harris? We'll see. His game fits the Jazz to a T.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #142
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
The Jazz used a similar asset they bartered to receive in last year's Carlos Boozer sign-and-trade with Chicago. Utah cashed in that gift certificate in Minnesota, picking up Al Jefferson coincidentally because of Okur's Achilles injury. Without the exception, Utah couldn't have added Big Al's $13 million salary to their payroll last season.

Let's hope they spend this one more wisely.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #143
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jody Genessy: O'Connor on trade exception: "We'll be aggressive with it. The Miller family said (we) can use the exception if it's the right decision." Twitter
Old 12-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #144
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jody Genessy: O'Connor said Jazz will keep a close eye on the waiver wire this weekend. They wouldn't mind increasing their 13-man roster to 14 again.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #145
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Only two players from the Utah Jazz 's 2007 Western Conference Finals squad remain on the team. The rest are scattered from Los Angeles to Croatia.

Paul Millsap: Utah Jazz

C.J. Miles: Utah Jazz

Matt Harpring: Utah (broadcaster)

Carlos Boozer: Chicago

Ronnie Brewer: Chicago

Mehmet Okur: New Jersey

Deron Williams: New Jersey

Derek Fisher: Los Angeles Lakers

Gordan Giricek: Croatia

Andrei Kirilenko: Russia

Jarron Collins: Recently in China

Dee Brown: Italy

Rafael Araujo: Brazil

Anyone know if Collins is still a stiff in the CBA?

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-24-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #146
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't mind adding AK on a 2 year contract, but if they're smart they'd put a buyout on the 2nd year for a couple of million. Same sort of deal Dalambert got with Houston.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #147
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Yeah we have no idea what kind of deal it would take or what they are willing to offer. All we know is how much he is supposedly asking for.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #148
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
David Locke: Jazz will now divide 96 minutes a night with the bigs - guess is Jefferson (32) Millsap (28) Favors (28) Kanter (8) maybe some Evans

28 minutes for Millsap? Going to be a long year! Evans looks like he needs time. Send Jefferson on his way already!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #149
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Jody Genessy: Jazz lost one of few outside threats in Memo trade. O'Connor admitted Jazz could use another shooter, but they'll let season play out a bit.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #150
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Jim Burton: Bottom line (my words, not KOC's) Memo was 3rd or 4th big on the Jazz roster. Paying $10 million for 3rd or 4th big is too much.

More like 6th and making the 2nd most money on an expiring contract. No brainer. I thought they should have traded him last time his contract was expiring and they gave him a raise and 2 more years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: