Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #76
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: How good do you think we are next year?

Jody Genessy: Jazz now have 13 players with guaranteed contracts for this season. O'Connor didn't rule out more roster tweaking or a trade.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #77
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Al Jefferson is dealing with a sore left hamstring. He'll stretch and lightly run but is not expected to practice.

So much for being in great shape. If he can't make it through 2 a days what are
3 games in a row or 5 in 6 nights going to do to him?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #78
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Devin Harris worked out with Josh Howard in the summer and saw first-hand that the small forward is "fully back" from his knee injury.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #79
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Conor Orr: "If Kirilenko comes in... I don’t want to just hand him that spot... Coach is going to make him earn it, and I’m going to make him earn it." Twitter
Old 12-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #80
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Ty on scrimmage:I thought for the most part our offense was pretty good at times. We did a pretty good job executing, especially the white team. They really moved the ball, moved their bodies and hit the open man and really didn’t turn the ball over, which was good. I was a little disappointed with the defense though. We’ve really got to pick up our defense on both ends of the floor (both teams). We missed some rotations. We didn’t get up into the guys like we’ve been doing all training camp.”

Sounds like same old Jazz. Might want to rethink the AK decision. Can hope it's just because they made more changes to the D and had a lot further to go on that end.

Quote:
On Gordon Hayward, C.J. Miles, and Raja Bell

I thought Raja did a great job on both ends. He was really trying to defend guys. He was getting up into guys physically. You know Gordon and C.J. did a great job, especially on the offensive end, making plays and they hit their shots, which was encouraging.”

Good news about Raja I guess. Maybe they can trade him now?

Quote:
Devin Harris – Guard (4 point, 6 assists)

6 assists is encouraging for him!

Quote:
I thought the white team did a good job swinging the ball, moving the ball, and not turning the ball over.”

Who was the white team exactly?

Quote:
On who performed well
I thought C.J. played well, Gordon looked great, and our rookies came out in those first 10 minutes and played well.”
Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #81
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Might want to rethink the AK decision.

What's there to re-think? Jazz can't afford him. His asking price would once again cripple us cap-wise.

Quote:
Good news about Raja I guess. Maybe they can trade him now?
For what, exactly? And if he really has turned things around and can give us that kind of effort on both ends why would you trade him? His deal isn't exactly a cap-buster.

Quote:
Who was the white team exactly?

Harris, Bell, Miles, Okur, Kanter (plus Reynolds and Gilder, who don't really count because they won't make the final squad). 80% of that team you want the Jazz to trade. Perhaps you fail to see their value?
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #82
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
What's there to re-think? Jazz can't afford him. His asking price would once again cripple us cap-wise.

It would cripple them for good reason for for a change. A guy they need not like Jefferson/Raja last year or Okur the year before. Again I'd pay AK before those guys or Harris.

Quote:
For what, exactly? And if he really has turned things around and can give us that kind of effort on both ends why would you trade him? His deal isn't exactly a cap-buster.

I'd trade him for a pick, a trade exception, anything if I could. I'm guessing he hasn't turned it around. How many guys his age look done one year and are back the next? Get rid of him if you can.

Quote:
Reynolds and Gilder, who don't really count because they won't make the final squad

We don't know that since they do have roster spots available. If they was going to carry the young pg that they should be Reynolds is the only one in camp. Gilder and Carter sound like they are similar to Evans unfortunately for them cuz he has a guaranteed deal and Jazz wouldn't eat that even if they beat him out.

Quote:
80% of that team you want the Jazz to trade. Perhaps you fail to see their value?

Sure I do. There's a couple expiring contracts there and another guy that teams had interest in before the Jazz had to take him to deal their superstar. Raja hard to see the value there that's for sure after the year he had.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-18-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #83
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Brian T. Smith: #UtahJazz used part of their mid-level exception on Josh Howard. Jazz's team salary expected to be about $64-66 million at start of season. Twitter
Old 12-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #84
Go Getter
Wild 100's

JUst talked to one of the Jazz's staff (came by my job).

Says Burke is the real deal and besides his hops the kid has a stroke.

CJ needs to break out THIS year.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #85
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
JUst talked to one of the Jazz's staff (came by my job).

Says Burke is the real deal and besides his hops the kid has a stroke.

Excited about Burks, agree about C.J. He's in a contract year and he knows it. Looks to have put in some good work over the offseason but we've heard/seen that before only to find that it hasn't translated into better play on the court.

Will be interesting to see what the Jazz do come trade deadline time. Both Memo and C.J. are expirers and packaged together they constitute about 14 million in salary, which could bring back a VERY good player from a team looking to free up cap space or tank in order to position themselves nicely in the upcoming draft, which is loaded. I think the Jazz probably have some idea as to what they can get for a C.J. + Memo package but they held off because they want to see if C.J. outplays Burks/Hayward and they wanted Memo to get some time tutoring the young Kanter, even if only for a few months. Plus, teams tend to be more willing to go the salary dump route in February than at the beginning of the season.

Stay tuned, I suppose...
Old 12-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #86
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
tank in order to position themselves nicely in the upcoming draft

How many young guys do they need?

Quote:
they held off because they want to see if C.J. outplays Burks/Hayward and they wanted Memo to get some time tutoring the young Kanter, even if only for a few months

Think it has more to do with the Jazz standing pat as usual despite the obvious imbalance in the roster. Personally, I don't think Okur and his loafing ways is what the kid needs to be learning(or Big Al's). He'll get a lot more from watching Millsap work his butt off.

Quote:

Too late. They have Burks and Haywood now. He needs to be moved.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #87
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
How many young guys do they need?

Wasn't referring to the Jazz tanking; was referring to teams looking to trade assets that aren't working out to Utah for expiring deals (Okur, Miles) in order to free up cap space and improve draft position.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #88
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

So wait, we need to resign AK for 9 million for 3-4 years? How many games does he play again?
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #89
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
we need to resign AK for 9 million for 3-4 years?

Reports say he wants that. Reports also say he wants to play in Utah and they also said the Jazz wanted him. The market still makes him a 7-8 million dollar player in my book especially for a sorry ass team like the Jazz. Certainly more than the one dimensional bad backed back-up Okur is worth 10 mill or the undersized non defensive plaing black hole Jefferson is worth 14 mill or the non passing pg Harris is worth 10 mill or the should be retired Raja worth 3 mill or the now expendable CJ is worth 3 mill.

How many years I couldn't say. Would he take that to stay in Utah for another year or two? Probably. How much were the Jazz wanting to pay him when they say they want him back? Veteran minimum? LOL!

Quote:
How many games does he play again?

Enough. How many will Okur's back allow him to loaf up and down the court to throw up 3's?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #90
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
David Locke: Listed as starters on the Jazz media game notes -- Devin Harris, Raja Bell, Gordon Hayward, Memo Okur and Al Jefferson

If that's true the Jazz will have a lot of ping pong balls come June which seems to be what everyone wants. Your best player on the bench! LMAO!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: