Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #91
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How good do you think we are next year?

We don't need Okur back either unless he can show he can play 80+ games with decent success. Okur is a stop gap to our depth at PF/C before Kanter becomes a player we can play night in and night out. Stupidest idea ever to pay AK anything more than 5 million for him to only play 60 games like he usually does. Only reason we're keeping Okur is due to the fact he will have good trade value at the trade deadline.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #92
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a fan of that at all. Miles and Millsap should be starting. Okur shouldn't be getting any minutes ahead of Favors either. Why play the old guys? It's an obvious lottery team.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #93
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Listed starters for a preseason game, relax. Millsap has a slight tendinitis injury.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #94
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Listed starters for a preseason game, relax. Millsap has a slight tendinitis injury.
Quiet you, let me stew in my righteous indignation
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #95
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Miles and Millsap should be starting.

Millsap is the one guy that should be starting regardless. Based on the way Haywood ended the year I'd put him ahead of CJ and Raja has to be at the bottom of the depth chart based on his horrendous year.

Quote:
Okur shouldn't be getting any minutes ahead of Favors either. Why play the old guys? It's an obvious lottery team.

I'm all for playing old guys and trying to compete just not the ones they will probably go with.

Quote:
We don't need Okur back either unless he can show he can play 80+ games with decent success.

And even than do we? He does one thing.

Quote:
Okur is a stop gap to our depth at PF/C before Kanter becomes a player we can play night in and night out.

A 10 million dollar stop gap? Trade him and bring in a cheaper stop gap.

Quote:
Stupidest idea ever to pay AK anything more than 5 million for him to only play 60 games like he usually does.

60 out of 66 would be a bargain for 5 mill! Stupid to let the 1 guy committed to D and unselfish play go while overpaying several others that don't fit. Stupid to bring in Jefferson when you have Millsap. Stupid to give Okur 20 mill. Stupid to give an old guy that missed a season a multi year multi million dollar deal. Stupid to trade one of the best players in the game for the 2nd offer on the table. etc. etc. They keep saying they are committed to winning but it's hard to see that.

Quote:
Only reason we're keeping Okur is due to the fact he will have good trade value at the trade deadline.

Don't count on it. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him starting again and being back next year.
Do
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #96
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
"You have choices. We do have bodies we feel comfortable putting on the floor," Corbin said. "How they compete once the game starts will dictate how we change lineups, how we'll compete against different lineups and how we'll make teams change to us."

It's nice to hear about changes finally. Making other teams teams change to you instead of letting them dictate the game. Wow!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #97
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
"Right now, we think we will have three point guards," Corbin said. "We have some good guys to choose from, so it'll be interesting to see."

At least 3.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #98
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Millsap is the one guy that should be starting regardless. Based on the way Haywood ended the year I'd put him ahead of CJ and Raja has to be at the bottom of the depth chart based on his horrendous year.
No way in hell would I ever want CJ Miles starting over Bell. Miles just hurts the team, and does absolutely nothing productive. If he can bring his shooting up from 38% or whatever it was, that'd be fine, but I doubt he does. It'd be one thing if he went off for an efficient 20 every once in a while, but he doesn't. When he scores he scores it's because he just keeps shooting when he shouldn't. At least Bell knows how to play within a team on offense and defense.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #99
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Take it for what it's worth, but Raja looked very impressive on offense and defense last night. Probably played the most defense last night, but I can't say I could judge much in a scrimmage.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #100
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Yeah let's see how he does against Crawford and the guy they basically gave up for him Matthews.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #101
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Excited about Burks, agree about C.J. He's in a contract year and he knows it. Looks to have put in some good work over the offseason but we've heard/seen that before only to find that it hasn't translated into better play on the court.

Will be interesting to see what the Jazz do come trade deadline time. Both Memo and C.J. are expirers and packaged together they constitute about 14 million in salary, which could bring back a VERY good player from a team looking to free up cap space or tank in order to position themselves nicely in the upcoming draft, which is loaded. I think the Jazz probably have some idea as to what they can get for a C.J. + Memo package but they held off because they want to see if C.J. outplays Burks/Hayward and they wanted Memo to get some time tutoring the young Kanter, even if only for a few months. Plus, teams tend to be more willing to go the salary dump route in February than at the beginning of the season.

Stay tuned, I suppose...

It's going to be exciting. I'm upset that the Jazz don't play the Bulls this year but I must say that in my years here in Utah I have become a Jazz fan (from meeting more Jazzmen in a few years than I had in a decade in Chicago among other things) so it's okay. I'm looking forward to this year.

Oh yeah, he also said Kanter will need some work.

We agreed that big men are kind of stifled with the new rules/flops so it takes a little more polish to get young bigs right.

All in all I think the team is solid, besides the AK situation and needing a legit Center.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #102
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

They're paying their center combo 25 million a year. You saying they aren't legit?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #103
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
AK-47 is a good player, he just misses too many games. Reliability means quite a lot (see CJ Miles).

They still need him. They got no one to replace what he does.

Quote:
I'd like to see a starting lineup of:
Harris - Hayward - Millsap - Favors - Jefferson

Remains to be seen if Millsap can start at the 3. With the limited off season and practice time during the season and the additions of Burks and Howard I'm guessing we might not even see him there at all. He might make more sense at the 3 against bench players not starters too at least initially.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-19-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #104
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Now my post is under Darkness? Got a serious flaw going on here.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #105
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Now my post is under Darkness? Got a serious flaw going on here.

You're not an admin are you?
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: