Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #106
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How good do you think we are next year?

No I'm not. It's done this with two different people recently. Their post has disappeared and my reply has came up under their name. I edited it and it said my name on the edit.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #107
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Although he wasn’t specific, Corbin said that changes to the starting lineup for Wednesday should be expected. Corbin wasn’t happy with the lack of energy in Monday’s defeat. He was, however, encouraged with how hard the bench played.

"The young guys came in and got after it," Corbin said. "We have always been thinking about change. We just have to sit back and see how practice goes."

I was disappointed he didn't start the kids in the 2nd half. He said all jobs are up for grabs. After the way the 1st half went that would have sent a message to their overpaid lazy vets. You think Millsap and AK would have played with energy?

He should start Watson, Burks, Evans, Favors and Kanter. Let's see what the other kids can do and what Tinsley has left too.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #108
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
With Paul Millsap likely to miss Wednesday's home preseason opener against the Portland Trailblazers, Derrick Favors is likely to make his first start of the year, the Tribune has learned.
Favors, in Monday's season-debut, was Utah's best player, scoring 25 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. He was a force on offense, and was one of the few Utah players to make his presence felt defensively.
Favors by far outplayed Al Jefferson and Mehmet Okur, the two big men who started against the Trailblazers. For that matter, Enes Kanter was a bigger presence than both of the starters as well, despite going 1-7 from the floor.
Ty Corbin told the Tribune on Tuesday morning that he would definitely make changes to Monday's starting lineup, but declined specifically to discuss what those changes would be.

Let's just hope they are ready to deal Jefferson because Millsap doesn't belong on the bench.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #109
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Steve Luhm: Don't know what will happen with Derrick Favors, but when the Jazz decided Karl Malone was ready, they traded Adrian Dantley.

They would have traded him regardless because the worst coach ever was greater than one of the NBA's best low post scorers ever in their mind. A.D and Karl would have been great together. Certainly better than Tripuka and Karl. LOL!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #110
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Jim Burton: Interesting that Corbin had practice this AM after late game in Portland on Monday. He said it was a necessity. Wasn't happy w/ effort.

Still the same players until O'Conner does what needs to be done. Be too late than though.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #111
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Jim Burton: Memo said "We've been in the league long enough to know each other." Al said: "It was different. It was new."

Excuses. Guaranteed Millsap and AK would have brought energy and effort at the very least. Watson is only vet that did.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #112
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Jim Burton: Anyone else think Memo and Big Al looked uncomfortable starting at PF and C Monday night? Looked like both wanted to play center.

More excuses. I realize they have added a few new wrinkles but under Sloan the 4 and 5 were interchangable as is the case with most teams I think. Neither one is quick enough to guard a 4 is the problem and neither likes to work or pass. They both like to shoot though!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #113
Out_In_Utah
High School JV MVP

Out_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm hoping our bigs improve and we are over the loss of Sloan, thus improving 5 games minimum.
Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #114
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I'm over the loss of Sloan ready to get over the loss of Jefferson, Okur, Harris, Bell, CJ and O'Conner.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #115
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
The Jazz waived Paul Carter, Trey Gilder, Keith McLeod and Scottie Reynolds on Wednesday.

Utah's roster is at 14.

Jazz General Manager Kevin O'Connor said Carter could land with the Idaho Stampede, Utah's NBA Development League affiliate.

"He's got a future in basketball," O'Connor said. "Where it ends up, I don't know. But he's got a future in basketball because he's a good player and a kid that's willing to work to get better."

Than why not keep him around at least til his contract becomes guaranteed for the year? Considering how short the off-season/pre-season and how condensed the regular season is it might make sense especially when your owners are so committed. LOL!

Quote:
Veteran point guard Jamaal Tinsley made the initial cut. He will continue to back up Devin Harris and Earl Watson.

"Everyday is a new day for me. I can always get better," Tinsley said. "I just come out here to practice everyday and do the same thing I've been doing — working hard, competing, trying to help the Jazz, help my teammates, whatever it takes."

Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Utah could make another cut before the regular season starts Dec. 27. But he added Tinsley has played well thus far and earned his place on the roster.

No surprise there. He will run the offense better than either in time.

Quote:
"Right now we've got 14 guys on the team and we address it almost everyday, as far as how to improve the team," O'Connor said.

Paul Millsap (right quadriceps tendinitis) is doubtful for tonight's preseason game against Portland.

Corbin said Utah will change its starting lineup tonight but wouldn't specify who'll be in the first five. He acknowledged, though, that Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward could start.

Corbin expects Josh Howard to earn more minutes.

Portland forward LaMarcus Aldridge is probable.

Brian T. Smith

Let's see what Favors can do against one of the best in LA.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #116
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Corbin provided an even more interesting answer when discussing whether he can foresee Millsap — who played in and started 76 games for the Jazz in 2010-11 — at times not starting this season.

“We’ll see,” Corbin said. “There may be times when we start him and there may be times when we bring him off the bench. It depends on what matchups we have.”

What about Jefferson? Just because Millsap used to come of the bench it's assumed he's the one to go there again? He's not a bench player. He showed that 3 years ago when Boozer went down. As far as I'm concerned he should have never went back there. Boozer should have been dealt just as Jefferson needs to be now.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #117
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Steve Luhm: Wonder if Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin will think about starting Watson/Tinsley at PG and using Harris as a second-group scorer?

He makes too much money for that scenario. Got to think trade. 1 assist!

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 12-22-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #118
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Rockets' signing of Dalembert takes them out of Kyrylo Fesenko bidding, but hearing Heat and Warriors still pursuing Ukranian free-agent C

Sign and trade? 2nd round pick? prospect?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #119
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Millsap on coach Tyrone Corbin's comments Wednesday that he isn't guaranteed to be Utah's starting power forward this season: What can you think? That's the man. He's the head coach. Either you like it or you don't like it. Whatever happens, you've just got to deal with it.

Exactly why I would never be looking to trade him. While guys like Boozer, Jefferson, Harris, Okur, etc. are just about getting theirs Milsap is the type of guy you really need and there are too few of him around to be getting rid of him.

Quote:
Feeling like he's obviously a starting power forward in the NBA: Obviously. Obviously. But other people might see different. People have their own opinions about things. If his opinion is to bring me off the bench — if he sees fit to do that — and it'll help our team more, then OK.

No doubt he is unless you get better players than him which they don't have no matter what numbers Jefferson puts up and how many 3s Okur makes. Favors and Kanter might be someday but til that day comes they can watch and learn from a real pro.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #120
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
In Memo Okur, the Nets are getting one of the best guys who has ever played for the Jazz

Oh please! He did one one thing. I could just see them retiring his number over Deron. That would be typical Jazz.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: