Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Finals predictions now?

so who do you want to see in the NBA Finals matchup now?

I would love to see Dallas/Miami. the 06 rematch obviously is already entertaining but i would love to see how Miami guards the worst nigthmare matchup in the league right now, Dirk Nowitzki. I would love to see Lebron try to guard Dirk. I would love to see Joel try to guard Dirk as well. Bosh not so much. im not sure who wins that battle but a 7 game series surrounding that key matchup would be golden.

Dallas is the best executing team in the playoffs right now. they move the ball unselfishly and with great precision. Miami is arguably the best perimeter defending team (maybe Memphis has a better case). Miami rotations on defense when they want to do it is suffocating.

I would love to see how Miami's rotations on defense are matched up with Dallas' ball movement. Obviously best offense beats out best defense every time so when Dallas is making those 3s, theyre obviously the hardest team to beat.

so who are your the best finals matchup with the teams left this year?

Last edited by DuMa : 05-09-2011 at 03:25 PM.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Finals predictions now?

LeBron would shit all over Dirk, offensively and defensively.

I want to see Miami/OKC unless Westbrick remains in chuck mode. If that's the case, Boston/Dallas. KG vs Dirk would be a nice throwback match-up to see. Be interesting to see what the Celtics defense does to disrupt Dallas' superior execution/ball movement.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want revenge. And I think the Mavs players are out for blood, too. A Dallas - Miami rematch with Dirk being victorious would be an epic storyline.

My second favourite finals match-up would include Chicago, cause I like them, too. But Mavs >>>>>>> all.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas vs. Miami is looking like the most likely scenario, atm. Dallas beat em both times in the regular season, so who knows how that would play out. I would expect a great series, and a Dallas Mavericks team that is out for blood. They haven't lost to the Miami Heat since the 2006 Finals.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had Celtics vs Thunder in the Finals before the playoffs started. Both teams are down 2-1 but definitely not out yet.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

Hawks vs Mavs
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool

I'll say Dallas vs Miami. i think if Haslem is availabe(improbable) he would hold Dirk to moderate numbers and not let him take over the game.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Miami vs OKC/Dallas
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Heat/Celtics vs Dallas/Memphis
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

Heat vs OKC, OKC in 6
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Wade would make it 8 in a row against the Mavericks in the finals. It wouldn't even be fun to watch...
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
tommy3
Let's go Heat!

tommy3 is considered somewhat cooltommy3 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Wade would make it 8 in a row against the Mavericks in the finals. It wouldn't even be fun to watch...
I don't see who could effectively guard Wade on that Mavs team. However, I think that the major concern for the Heat are the Celtics. IMHO, if they beat them, there's no one that will be able to stop this team, maybe in years to come too. Count the confidence they'll get too. Still that's a big IF. Gotta beat em tonight
tommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
HEAT111
ohh hohohohoh

HEAT111 has decent reputation

Well, Dirk still remember 2006 as if it was yesterday. If they face Miami again, he's going to have to comtemplate then.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, the Mavs would get killed by the Heat.

I think the Grizzlies have the best shot out of anyone in the West due to their tough defense and low-post attack.

But then again, basically nothing has gone according to script this playoffs, so who knows.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who knows. i like the heat (who doesn't) but they've yet to play a close game in the playoffs and do well (they had only 1 against philly and cracked) and the first time the Celtics pushed back , they completely crumbled with Bosh admitting he cracked, which is bizarre. And with OKC/Memphis, who knows.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: