Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default L.A. Noire

L.A. Noire will be released a week from today, May 17th.

I got an email from Best Buy today that if you preorder it through them, you not only get an in-game bonus exclusive to Best Buy (similar to New Vegas, Read Dead, etc...) but also a $10 gift certificate.

Anyone planning on picking this one up??? I'm very seriously considering it.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: L.A. Noire

i think i'll pick it up, the trailer actually doesnt 'wow' me, but the game is still intriguing to me, and the fact that rockstar made it, seems to be good for me. rockstar is in my good books cuz of RDR ;D
ill still check out some reviews first

pretty nice bestbuy incentive, i was looking to pick up the new razer onza 360 controller, id prly use the $10 towards that
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll definitely end up playing this at some point. I don't think I'll get it now though. Probably a used copy a few months later. Too many other games to play for now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far

Is this going to be free-roam like GTA and RDR?

Amazon is giving a $15 credit and some nice pre-order bonuses, but if it's linear, not sure if I'm interested.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Is this going to be free-roam like GTA and RDR?

Amazon is giving a $15 credit and some nice pre-order bonuses, but if it's linear, not sure if I'm interested.
Nope, it's more like Mafia II. It's a large open world like GTA, but it's not a sandbox game.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
mateoboz
Swish...

mateoboz has no real reputation yet.

I'll definately be picking this up. The 360 version is going to be 3 discs. I'll have to wait to get it though, because I'm moving to Alaska and had to leave my 360 at my brothers place in Texas.
mateoboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will be picking this one up, I bought Crysis 2 a few weeks ago but that hasn't lived up to my expectations. Will trade it in for this.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateoboz
I'll definately be picking this up. The 360 version is going to be 3 discs. I'll have to wait to get it though, because I'm moving to Alaska and had to leave my 360 at my brothers place in Texas.
Must be a really long game.Sounds much more interesting now.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just pre-ordered it now.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a sucker for pre-order incentives. I haven't played anything in seemingly 4 months. I still have Dead Space in my machine and haven't turned it on since I beat it.

I'm a touch on the fence about this. But the concept is good, and I trust R* enough to probably pre-order.

Pretty much the only stuff I buy is preordered.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I'm a sucker for pre-order incentives. I haven't played anything in seemingly 4 months. I still have Dead Space in my machine and haven't turned it on since I beat it.

I'm a touch on the fence about this. But the concept is good, and I trust R* enough to probably pre-order.

Pretty much the only stuff I buy is preordered.

Well It's the way to go now because of all the incentives. I did it through Amazon because you get $15 plus some extra suit to wear or something. And plus I want it on release day, and they only charge $.99 for release day shipping, which is a f*cking awesome deal.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Well It's the way to go now because of all the incentives. I did it through Amazon because you get $15 plus some extra suit to wear or something. And plus I want it on release day, and they only charge $.99 for release day shipping, which is a f*cking awesome deal.

For me, it's not unlike what we were both sort of saying in the movie rating thread. I'm an info horde. There's plenty of information out there, and more often than not, I know what I want way before it comes out. I only have so much available time to game, so I don't want to gamble on some instinct buy. I look into stuff. And if there's something I want, I want it when it comes out.
Combine that with my OCD of getting everything in a game, and the pre-buy extras, especially in game stuff, is a no brainer.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
For me, it's not unlike what we were both sort of saying in the movie rating thread. I'm an info horde. There's plenty of information out there, and more often than not, I know what I want way before it comes out. I only have so much available time to game, so I don't want to gamble on some instinct buy. I look into stuff. And if there's something I want, I want it when it comes out.
Combine that with my OCD of getting everything in a game, and the pre-buy extras, especially in game stuff, is a no brainer.

O&A had a dude from the game in this week, just heard the interview today. I had no idea that actors from Mad Men were in it. That's cool as shit.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Nope, it's more like Mafia II. It's a large open world like GTA, but it's not a sandbox game.

Not sure I can deal with that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not sure I can deal with that.
Can someone tell me how so? There is an open world you can travel around in at your leisure, missions only available in that world, items to search for in that world, etc. How is this different than Red Dead Redemption? It's not like there were 20 open threads at any time, there were your missions you could do, it was linear. All their games are.

I keep hearing it's different and not "open world" but it sounds similar to me, I'm not sure why it's so different.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: