Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #16
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: So the Heat won....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When I first heard Bosh was going to Miami, I was okay with it. Wade has been my second favourite player behind Kobe since he came into the league and the two of them with the rest of the cap spent on building a more traditional team I think could have been more than enough to be legit contenders. When Lebron joined the gang it just ruined the whole thing for me to the point that I'm no longer a fan of Wade simply for being a part of that circle-jerk.

Seeing Bosh win a title as the clear third wheel (I mean just look at Wade and Bron playing a two-man 4th quarter to close out the series) when he was our "number one" guy I think does more to hurt the prestige of our franchise than help it. It's in no way the same as, say, seeing Doc Halladay go to the Phillies, clearly be their Ace and (hopefully) lead them to a championship sometime which would validate his time as a dominant Jay rather than diminish it.

Now I'm totally on the "get Dirk a title" bandwagon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6UH...layer_embedded
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Well I guess they were built (bought) to go at least this far if not all they way.

I am no huge fan of Dallas (not since Adrian Dantley anyway) nor the Thunder though I think both teams can give Miami a run for the money. Both teams do have legitimate threats at center (limited offensively but spectacular defensively) which would consign LBron and Dwade to more outside shooting...

Hopefully either way some entertaining bball - like a 7 game series.

The Thunder vs Heat in the finals (assuming Heat beat Chitown) would have an interesting subplot. The "superstar team" verses the "anti superstar team" i.e. the Thunder built on very modest Durant and draft picks with key veteren additions as opposed to the Lakers/Boston/Miami "big 3 concept"
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Well I guess they were built (bought) to go at least this far if not all they way.

I am no huge fan of Dallas (not since Adrian Dantley anyway) nor the Thunder though I think both teams can give Miami a run for the money. Both teams do have legitimate threats at center (limited offensively but spectacular defensively) which would consign LBron and Dwade to more outside shooting...

The Thunder vs Heat in the finals (assuming Heat beat Chitown) would have an interesting subplot. The "superstar team" verses the "anti superstar team" i.e. the Thunder built on very modest Durant and draft picks with key veteren additions as opposed to the Lakers/Boston/Miami "big 3 concept"

exactly the same thing with bulls
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer

I'm pretty sure Westbrook and Durant should be considered superstars.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:53 AM   #20
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

I don't know, I kind of want Miami to win the title this year and see Bosh get a ring. I don't particularly care for Lebron or Wade one way or the other. But the way Miami is built, they'll be competing for titles for years to come. The one guy still playing that I want to see win a title more than anyone else is Dirk.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart

Agreed on the basis of talent.

But in the sense that Durant signed his extension quietly without fan fare and ESPN specials blah blah blah. Everyone was calling him the anti-superstar based on the low key mature demeanor.

Thats what I meant. Not in the sense of a bunch of lunch pail guys taking on the Heat - more about the "personality cult' superstar thingy.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I like Westbrook and all, great talent. But I wouldn't consider him a superstar. He's great, and an all-star level guy but certainly a notch below guys like Durant, D-Rose, Bron, Wade, etc...
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: