Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
scm5
Good college starter

Default My game is completely changed... why?

My game used to be 3's and midrange. Bread and butter. Pull ups were my thing.

Now, I drive constantly and almost always get shots within 10 feet. Any further than 10 feet, I can't seem to make with any consistency anymore.

While I like how my game has evolved into higher percentage shots and more consistent looks, I don't how it came about. It's like my attitude completely changed. I don't feel confident taking outside shots anymore and will always get inside as deep as possible.

This happen to anyone else?
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

Default Re: My game is completely changed... why?

I used to be simply a spot up shooter and hustle player with nothing else but now i'm more of a combo guard. I tend to fall in love with my jumpshot at times though which annoys me, wish i could have the discipline to relentlessly drive..
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Same here. I used to be a shooter, but I could create my own shot. I could shoot from anywhere. Unlimited range. Then when I got older I started to take it to the rack more. Then I developed a post game. My go to move was to post up on the left block and hit a turnaround jump shot.

Sometimes I still fall in love with the J but only when I'm tired or bored with the game. My first instinct is to drive now and hit either a pull up jumper or get an easy layup
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

I was never much of a basketball player but when I played church league I went in only to shoot threes. Now I am more of a ball handler and I score most of my points driving to the basket or from about 15 feet.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
SourPatchKids
Banned

Same thing happened to me. Before I had to rely on my shot, then when i got more offensive weapons I just lost my touch.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #6
KokoWarzone
Can barely lace up my sneakers

argh i can't seem to make my jumpshots anymore it's either lucky bounce or short. but i can now drive i guess i need a little practice for my jumpshots so i can regain my touch back
KokoWarzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

it's really not natural for your game to change like that. I have been a shooter my whole life and that won't change unless I decide to do it... and it won't happen overnight. I would think some things that could contribute to your game simply changing like this would be a long absence from bball and maybe body growth or speed... or whatever. Cus if you didn't drive the ball much, I don't see why you would be very good at it. Maybe it's your first choice now since youc an't consistently shoot, but I don't see why you would be that effective. It's like if I just started taking it to the rack every time I wouldn't have much success for a while cus I haven't done it much in games.

It's perfectly natural for your game to evolve, but not just to change like that. Another thing I have seen is shooting form. My friend used to jack up a lot of 3's... but would drive at times too. He got older and much taller and he got away from the push shot and just totally can't shoot now. I don't think he played basketball from the time he grew from like 5'2 to 6'1 over a year and half or so... so I think that can screw you up too. Just my theories.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
KokoWarzone
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
it's really not natural for your game to change like that. I have been a shooter my whole life and that won't change unless I decide to do it... and it won't happen overnight. I would think some things that could contribute to your game simply changing like this would be a long absence from bball and maybe body growth or speed... or whatever. Cus if you didn't drive the ball much, I don't see why you would be very good at it. Maybe it's your first choice now since youc an't consistently shoot, but I don't see why you would be that effective. It's like if I just started taking it to the rack every time I wouldn't have much success for a while cus I haven't done it much in games.

It's perfectly natural for your game to evolve, but not just to change like that. Another thing I have seen is shooting form. My friend used to jack up a lot of 3's... but would drive at times too. He got older and much taller and he got away from the push shot and just totally can't shoot now. I don't think he played basketball from the time he grew from like 5'2 to 6'1 over a year and half or so... so I think that can screw you up too. Just my theories.

from time to time i still can make the shot. my height is 5"5 / 5"6 the last time i check my height in a hospital. i guess it's from a "long absence in b-ball" because i took a long absence from it because i got busy from school which is not good for me basketball wise. but then im still trying to get my touch back. i hope i can get it back.

anyway you have Facebook or yahoo messenger? swaggin916?
KokoWarzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
scm5
Good college starter

Got my shot back, decided against playing to just work on it again. Haven't really played a competitive game since then, but it feels great now in the pickup games I've played.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: