Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #46
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ITT: Covers that are better than the original song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Also, speaking of the Deftones, I prefer their version of The Cure's "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep".

Deftones - If Only Tonight We Could Sleep (Lyrics kick in around 2:45): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPSX1BdHstE

The Cure's Version (Lyrics kick in around 2:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbfzjFqbUc

I felt the Deftones' take was darker and more seductive.
Thats a sick performance, back when Chino was fat haha. I saw them recently in Camden, he was jumping around the stage going nuts. Crazy energy. They got 2 new covers I like on the new album:
Do you Believe (The Cardigans cover)
Ghosts (Japan)
They also covered Sweetest Perfection by Depeche Mode, I like that one too. However I am biased as hell towards Deftones, not even denying that.

Last edited by Hazard : 05-13-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #47
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
S

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIw0ewEsNHs

love that song
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #48
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Thats a sick performance, back when Chino was fat haha. I saw them recently in Camden, he was jumping around the stage going nuts. Crazy energy. They got 2 new covers I like on the new album:
Do you Believe (The Cardigans cover)
Ghosts (Japan)
They also covered Sweetest Perfection by Depeche Mode, I like that one too. However I am biased as hell towards Deftones, not even denying that.
Yessir. I saw them in Grand Rapids last year. It was pretty awesome to see Chino seemingly refreshed and in shape. I was worried about him for a while. But he came out on stage staring out into the abyss, grinning, as if he were reborn. It was a spectacular show.

And I am a big fan of their version of "Do You Believe", though I am unfamiliar with the original. I am not as big a fan of "Ghosts".
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #49
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yessir. I saw them in Grand Rapids last year. It was pretty awesome to see Chino seemingly refreshed and in shape. I was worried about him for a while. But he came out on stage staring out into the abyss, grinning, as if he were reborn. It was a spectacular show.

And I am a big fan of their version of "Do You Believe", though I am unfamiliar with the original. I am not as big a fan of "Ghosts".

I just started listening to their latest album. Think the album is phenomenal.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #50
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow, is this version better than Marvin Gaye's?!?!

Chi-Lites: Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #51
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brandon Hines completely OBLITERATES Lil Wayne's original version of "How to Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nhv1R12bcg

Takes a crappy song and makes it great
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #52
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/user/megannicolesite/videos

all of this.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #53
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
A lot of R&B buffs are going to disagree with me, but...

yea i have to disagree, maybe if you said Gladys Knight and the Pips I'd agree but you are entitled to your opinion because I know a lot of people know the version you posted over the other ones.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #54
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Finally got around to listening to the original version of "Do You Believe" by the Cardigans and I think the Deftones' version blows it away.

Cardigans (Original): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grM7VtVKl0w

Deftones (Cover): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6_WsadBAo
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #55
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #56
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Off topic but I recently learned that some female singer named Birdy covered Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" and ppl actually prefer it to the original.

Birdy
Bon Iver

The cover is so hollow compared to the original.

/rant
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #57
Akrazotile
Cavs fan since forever

Akrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputationAkrazotile has a very bad reputation

Amish Paradise over the Coolio version all day errday
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #58
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Whitney Houston's I will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

powerful song....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #59
BrownEye007
Serious playground baller

BrownEye007 has an OK reputation so far

I can't stand listening to Limp Bizkit anymore but I used to love "Faith" by them. Much better than The Who.
BrownEye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #60
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Amish Paradise over the Coolio version all day errday

Parody ≠ Cover
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: