Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #31
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: Prime Kobe or LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Layup
Team owners aren't looking for someone to put up good stats, kobe puts up good stats AND wins rings.... So you'd actually have to be pretty sensible to choose Kobe. Haha

WTF!?? rings are team accomplishments you schmuck!!

you can be the most talanted-skilled-productive player in universe history... and never get a ring if you dont have the required teammates to do it........ thats why somebody like wilt chamberlain can barelly get 2 rings and somebody like robert horry can have 7 and somebody like adam morrison can have 2 without lifting a finger.....

lebron came to the nba to the worst team in the nba... his best player he played with was mo freakin williams.... and still humiliated the lakers & kobe in their career head to head matchups.... and gave its first franchise final appearance and made that team WIN more than anybody could made that scrub team win...... he leaves and they become the worst team in the nba....... THATS IMPACT.... WHICH KOBE NEVER HAD....

kobe came to the nba to the best team in the nba... alongside the most dominant center probably ever.... he got everything handed to him on a silverplate.... and was under those championship runs never as good as lebron.... kobe was first a benchwarmer... then a 6th man... then a sidekick...........

kobe didnt have the same tough road as lebron & jordan...

jordan got his 1st ring when he was 27...... lebron is 26 is about to do it even earlier.....

WITH YOUR LOGIC IF JORDAN WAS 26 TODAY YOU WOULD SAY KOBE > JORDAN..... BECAUSE KOBE GOT MORE TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS??? GET THE F OUTTA HERE.... YOU SHOULD TAKE THAT JORDAN AVATAR OFF.....

Last edited by pauk : 05-12-2011 at 06:48 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #32
AirJordan&Magic
high flyer

Even though I'm picking LeBron, anyone that thinks LeBron is light years better than Prime Kobe (2001-2008) is either fooling themselves.

We aren't talking about this years' one-dimensional Kobe.

LeBron has always been a better playmaker/passer, rebounder, and fast-break defender.
Prime Kobe, better scorer and definitely much more versatile as a scorer... more fluid game offensively, shooter, and way better perimeter defender.
AirJordan&Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #33
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Layup
Kobe would have gave my franchise 5 rings... So kobe.

If Lebron can get 2+ rings in is whole career, then maybe him.

Stats aren't everything.

So rings 5-6 years from now would change your opinion of the player he is today? Makes perfect sense.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #34
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic
Even though I'm picking LeBron, anyone that thinks LeBron is light years better than Prime Kobe (2001-2008) is either fooling themselves.

We aren't talking about this years' one-dimensional Kobe.

LeBron has always been a better playmaker/passer, rebounder, and fast-break defender.
Prime Kobe, better scorer and definitely much more versatile as a scorer... more fluid game offensively, shooter, and way better perimeter defender.

Yup. I'd say it's a toss-up, actually. It depends what time of system you're running, and the type of players you'd have around them.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
DirtySanchez
Local High School Star

Kobe but really hard to say LeBron is in his prime at the moment and will be for a minute. Let's see how he will do the next two years. At the moment I'd take Kobe by a mile.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #36
Colby Brian
Banned

kobe easily

2005-06 - 35/5/5, 81 point game, 62 in 3, highest ppg since 1987-88
2006-07 - 32/6/5, 4 straight 50 point game streak, 10 50 point games that year
2002-03 - 30/7/6, 9 straight 40 point game streak

kobe was crazy in his prime, he outscored a nba team that went to the finals that year by himself in 3 quarters
dropped 81 ****in points, and had 55 in 2nd half, lebrons career high is 56, kobe had 55 in 2 quarters
kobe also scored 56 in 3 quarters vs memphis, thats lebron career high which he had in OT, kobe had that in 3 quarters
who other than wilt put up 4 straight 50 point games in a row and dropped atleast 80?

Last edited by Colby Brian : 05-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #37
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
kobe easily

2005-06 - 35/5/5, 81 point game, 62 in 3, highest ppg since 1987-88
2006-07 - 32/6/5, 4 straight 50 point game streak, 10 50 point games that year
2002-03 - 30/7/6, 9 straight 40 point game streak
>>
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #38
talkingconch
College star

Comparing 2 different positions/builds.

Kobe because of his instinct, closer, straight up took over games in his prime.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #39
AirJordan&Magic
high flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Yup. I'd say it's a toss-up, actually. It depends what time of system you're running, and the type of players you'd have around them.

True Indeed.
AirJordan&Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #40
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

Just thought I'd point out that the season you have isn't close to LeBron's best. That's just his highest ppg output. His prime is probably 2008-present, and his stats for these years are about 29/8/7 on 50/33/77, and legendary help defense (no, not the chase down blocks ) and great individual defense, as well as numerous clutch shots. Also averaged like 33 ppg on 52% FG in the playoffs the last couple of years, though failing to reach the finals, I wouldn't really put that on him.

I'd take LeBron just because his prime has coincided with team success, so it shows that his style of play can lead to wins. Kobe's prime numbers came in the only period of time where his team success was mediocre at best. He never put up the 35/5/5 numbers on a 60 or even 50+ win team. LeBron's been able to produce this much, while on a winning team, which is harder in my opinion. You can say all you want about him stat padding as an excuse for the stats, but watching him, the stat padding is severely overblown, and all star players do it to an extent as well.

Remember, when Kobe was producing his 30+ ppg seasons, he was universally criticized for overshooting, not passing to teammates, and losing games because of it. He was great individually, but not in his prime in terms of a team game. The best Kobe in terms of team play, scores in the high 20's, with over 5 rebounds and assists, on usually 46% FG, and 55% TS. Even before they got Pau, his team was leading the West, and his stats were as written above, so it's not like his stats dipped because of Pau, but his stats dipped because of playing a team game.

Those are my reasons at least for picking LeBron. I feel he combines great individual play with team success, not necessarily choosing between them.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #41
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo

Would not even make the playoffs with those rubbish teammates Lebron had in Cleveland

Prime Lebron>>Prime Kobe

This has to be one of the most asinine comments I've read here, and there isn't a lack for those by any stretch. No one has to pick Kobe in this scenario...but if you truly believe that a prime Kobe Bryant would not make the playoffs in the EAST when he led a Laker team with a front line of Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm to the Playoffs as a 7th Seed in the WEST, then your mother should have done humanity a favor, and swallowed.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
This has to be one of the most asinine comments I've read here, and there isn't a lack for those by any stretch. No one has to pick Kobe in this scenario...but if you truly believe that a prime Kobe Bryant would not make the playoffs in the EAST when he led a Laker team with a front line of Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm to the Playoffs as a 7th Seed in the WEST, then your mother should have done humanity a favor, and swallowed.
OHH SHIIT THAT ETHER THAT SHIT THAT MAKE YA SOUL BURN SLOW
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #43
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
kobe didnt have the same tough road as lebron & jordan...

And I for one, am grateful Jordan did it without tucking his tail between his legs to run off and play with another NBA superstar who was arguably better. Don't ever compare the two again.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM   #44
Colby Brian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Just thought I'd point out that the season you have isn't close to LeBron's best. That's just his highest ppg output. His prime is probably 2008-present, and his stats for these years are about 29/8/7 on 50/33/77, and legendary help defense (no, not the chase down blocks ) and great individual defense, as well as numerous clutch shots. Also averaged like 33 ppg on 52% FG in the playoffs the last couple of years, though failing to reach the finals, I wouldn't really put that on him.

I'd take LeBron just because his prime has coincided with team success, so it shows that his style of play can lead to wins. Kobe's prime numbers came in the only period of time where his team success was mediocre at best. He never put up the 35/5/5 numbers on a 60 or even 50+ win team. LeBron's been able to produce this much, while on a winning team, which is harder in my opinion. You can say all you want about him stat padding as an excuse for the stats, but watching him, the stat padding is severely overblown, and all star players do it to an extent as well.

Remember, when Kobe was producing his 30+ ppg seasons, he was universally criticized for overshooting, not passing to teammates, and losing games because of it. He was great individually, but not in his prime in terms of a team game. The best Kobe in terms of team play, scores in the high 20's, with over 5 rebounds and assists, on usually 46% FG, and 55% TS. Even before they got Pau, his team was leading the West, and his stats were as written above, so it's not like his stats dipped because of Pau, but his stats dipped because of playing a team game.

Those are my reasons at least for picking LeBron. I feel he combines great individual play with team success, not necessarily choosing between them.

kobe averaged 30/7/6 in 2002-03 in a good team with shaq
thats impressive to average 30.0 ppg with a shaq on your team, and in that same year in the playoffs he averaged 32.1 ppg
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #45
matts290
Kwyade LeWobe

I think it's pretty damn close. I think if you are choosing who to build a team around from the ground up you have to go with LeBron because he is so versatile and can play so many positions, the proof is in the pudding with him taking two mediocre teams to 60 win seasons. As for who is the more skilled player, I would give that to Kobe and he is proven winner and champion. Also prime Kobe was a pure assassin and probably the most lethal offensive player the game has ever seen.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: