Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-13-2011, 05:52 AM   #181
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: cant wait until lebron & wade can show the rose fans the reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
it took only lebron last year.....
Derrick Rose was in his 2nd year, LeBron was a 7 year vet coming off back 2 back MVPs?

Difference, much?

3rd year in the league is usually players break out years if they are to become superstars.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 AM   #182
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cant wait until lebron & wade can show the rose fans the reality...

bulls in 6.
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #183
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 NBA Eastern Conference Finals preview: Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls

Heat in 4 most probably...could go even to 5 games if Bulls get lucky and hit all of their shots or Miami chokes (unlikely, since Lebron is a different animal in postseaosn as compared to regular season, where he's coasting)
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #184
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2011 NBA Eastern Conference Finals preview: Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Heat in 4 most probably...could go even to 5 games if Bulls get lucky and hit all of their shots or Miami chokes (unlikely, since Lebron is a different animal in postseaosn as compared to regular season, where he's coasting)
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #185
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Thumbs up Re: 2011 NBA Eastern Conference Finals preview: Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls

Team wise: Rose is the league MVP and has been terrific so far in the playoffs. But he's about to face a defense far tougher and more athletic than either Indiana or Atlanta. The Hawks had some success in forcing the ball out of his hands with traps and doubles, and the Heat have better defenses and more consistent committment to defense. Bulls must get more consistent scoring from Deng & Boozer, plus Korver must hit outside shots. One place they can dominate is the offensive boards.

The Heat is about to run into the best defense they've seen. One plus in their favor: they just played against the same defense in Boston. Celtics run the same principles of Coach Thibodeau, but the Bulls run it better now. Watch the heat pick & roll cuz that will bring out the best Bulls defenders from the paint. Noah can hedge, disrupt the ball handler, and recover very well, so if he mucks up this play the Bulls have a chance.

Bottom line: it will be a physical and close series, and not a lot of scoring. However, the HEat's defense is more disruptive and able to slow down the Bulls' offense and pull out the wins. Bulls will slow the Heat down enough but there will be enough turnovers and transition points to make the difference. Heat in 6
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #186
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Heat in 4 or 5.
LBJ, Wade and even Bosh are too mentally tough for the Bulls.
The Bulls haven't been in this position before, and they needed bad execution from the Spacers and Hawks to win. They won't get that from the Heat.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #187
patch123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

patch123 has an OK reputation so far

clutch you plonker sms
patch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #188
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

The Bulls season is done.

Better start preparing the interviews for that SG spot.

No shame losing to the 1st team ever to be crown champion in May.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #189
DRose1899
Banned

DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
The problem I have with Chicago is I don't see where they're going to get enough offense to beat Miami four times out of seven. Rose will get his, but can Boozer and Deng give Chicago enough to offset Wade & James?

I know everyone is harping on how great of defense Chicago has, but when I look at it, I actually think Miami has the easier job. Chicago doesn't have a big time scorer at the two, so Chalmers, Bibby or Jones can easily check Bogans, Brewer or Korver while Wade slides over to take Rose.

Everyone keeps saying that Deng is great at checking LeBron, but I believe LeBron still holds the highest point average against Chicago among all active players. LeBron's laid it on Deng enough times before that I don't feel comfortable with this match up for Chicago.

I really doubt Boozer or Bosh give each much difficulty, so I'd call that a push.

The real strength for Chicago is probably Noah. Joel Anthony has been big for Miami, but Miami's going to have to make it a priority to gang rebound. Chicago cannot dominate the boards.

That said, I just see Wade & LeBron as being too much. The Bulls struggle to find offense other than Rose at times and that's going to kill them. Miami have two guys that consistently can drop 30+ a night and do it efficiently.

Miami in 6.
And what Miami "have" in Offense to threat bulls?

Yes, I'm seriously said that. Miami hasn't feeding Bosh properly since the playoff started... Just looks to his playoff number, its gruesome. They forget him n basically shot that he get is only long jumpshot. Unless they change that, the perennial "champion" is bound to down.

Can't hope in every night BUddy & Wady drop 70 n one of bench player makes career night brah.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #190
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I wonder who'll win that first game. It could go down two ways:

Heat can't take the pressure of being favorites and with the Chicago fans being against them they could end up choking.

Or, Bulls will be pressured to win the game cuz they have home court advantage that they absolutely need to protect if they want to have a chance in this series. They start over thinking it and the Heat play off their mistakes.

If Heat get one win in Chicago then Bulls are in big trouble.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #191
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Bulls lost 2 games to the Hawks without their best perimeter defender. Heat are coming off an impressive victory against arguably the toughest 2nd round opponent. Heat are the best road team in the NBA. To all you guys that think that the regular season will show who wins a series, then tell me why Boston lost? Tell me why Spurs got out in the 1st round with the 2nd best record in the NBA? Heat are going to take this, no trouble. Stop Rose from scoring and getting his teammates involved = easy win.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #192
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
And what Miami "have" in Offense to threat bulls?

Yes, I'm seriously said that. Miami hasn't feeding Bosh properly since the playoff started... Just looks to his playoff number, its gruesome. They forget him n basically shot that he get is only long jumpshot. Unless they change that, the perennial "champion" is bound to down.

Can't hope in every night BUddy & Wady drop 70 n one of bench player makes career night brah.
If Rose ain't playing Chicago have no chance. If Lebron ain't playing then Miami have another player in Wade. Also, Lebron is a guy that will never, ever play bad. If he doesn't give you 30 points he'll probably give you like 20 points, 10 assists and quality defense.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #193
DRose1899
Banned

DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
If Rose ain't playing Chicago have no chance. If Lebron ain't playing then Miami have another player in Wade. Also, Lebron is a guy that will never, ever play bad. If he doesn't give you 30 points he'll probably give you like 20 points, 10 assists and quality defense.
That just solidifying my point, Heats big 3s supposed to supply 65-80 point with ease. With Heat not establishing Bosh, its just up to Wade n Bron, the last time Bron put average number they lost. Even with Wade n Bron "awesome" total number, they have hard fought for the win with the Cs. Cs just not have "enough" to punish Heat, if just KG still can consistently put 20...

No matter what Heat need Bosh established good number, if not I'm not surprised some of you eat your hat.

Look I'm not saying Bulls will definitely win, just surprised not many that look into this n how big this can potentially screw the heat.

Last edited by DRose1899 : 05-13-2011 at 10:47 AM.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #194
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

The Heat-Celtics series may have gotten most of the attention, but this is the more important series by far.

These two teams are in a position to dominate the Eastern Conference for the next 5+ years, and probably end up combining for 3+ NBA titles in that span.

The 00's were about Spurs vs Lakers, the 10's will be about Heat vs Bulls.

For this first matchup of theirs, I think the Heat will win in 6, but I expect a very intensity series, and would not be at all surprised if the Bulls end up winning.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #195
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

Game 1 is going to be so important, the team that wins game 1 should take the series imo.

The 3 quers are going to collapse on Rose. Boozer needs to grow some balls and get in the post. I expect Deng to have a big series and Wade will dominate the home games. It all depends on what Rose and Bron can do. If Rose drops 30/10 and lays down the law in United Center; Bulls in 6 or 7.
If Chicago's going to win the crowd needs to turn UC into a hell.

But because my predictions never come out imma go with Heat in 6.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: