Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 12-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default 5 Straight Wins!

It seems that we're on somewhat of a role, and the emergence of Al Jefferson is a huge part of that. We're 10-13 and we've managed to reclaim the top position in the Atlantic. Things seem to be coming together. Granted, we beat some weak teams... New York, Philly, and Charlotte... during the streak, but do you guys see us continuing to play well?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Well, the Celts had impressive wins over the Nets (comeback) and the Nuggets. But with Wally injured again, I'm not sure they will be able to keep Tony Allen playing well. Granted, Doc has been coaching well too near the end of games making the right decisions, I like the improvements all around.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

With Sczerbiak out the Celtics will have to look to someone else to fill in for the energy he provided with the second unit. Maybe Gerald Green can get something going? Maybe Delonte will step up?

I think Wally was in the best role he can add to this team - coming off the bench. Sczerbiak can provide veteran experience with the young guys coming off the bench. It's too bad he had to get hurt.

The five-game winning streak gives every Celtic confidence that they can win. What remains to be seen is if they can consistantly play at this level.

The West coast roadtrip coming up will be a major test; playing at Denver, LA Clippers, Warriors, Seattle, and Portland.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

to the playoffs... i don't think roster changes need to be made as this team is championship-caliber... just need some luck and consistency...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
to the playoffs... i don't think roster changes need to be made as this team is championship-caliber... just need some luck and consistency...

Championship caliber?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Championship caliber?
I think he is referring to when GG pans out (YEAR(s))
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I think he is referring to when GG pans out (YEAR(s))

Just Gerald Green?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Quote:
i don't think roster changes need to be made as this team is championship-caliber...
No.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i mean Celtics can win championship with their talent... just needs to develop further into role players and what they should do when they should do it etc...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #10
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i mean Celtics can win championship with their talent... just needs to develop further into role players and what they should do when they should do it etc...

No... This team doesn't have enough talent to win a championship... not nearly enough talent, unfortunately.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: