Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #256
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Since then, Russia has tested its "Father of All Bombs", which is claimed to be four times more powerful than the MOAB.

Wtf .. is this deadass necessary?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #257
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

To be honest, I'm still more excited over the campaign than I am with the videos of multiplayer I've seen.

I'm still worried it'll turn out to be too influenced by Black Ops.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 AM   #258
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

I still haven't pre-ordered yet (going to pre-order with a retailer called GAME as I have a loyalty card with them). Considering the game is out Tuesday, is leaving it till Saturday to pre-order in store leaving it a bit late, if I want Hardened Edition? I probably won't get much chance to pre-order today or tomorrow.

I don't want to order online as delivery around my area takes ages, and I won't wanna wait all morning and part of the afternoon.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #259
Kobe Jnr
Banned

I haven't pre ordered either. I'm going on Tuesday morning at Jb Hi Fi. Only 79 bucks, while Eb games has it for 120 bucks..

Looking forward to it.
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #260
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I'm a Battlefield 3 person, but MW3 has some cool stuff going for it....nice:

From ign:

5 Reasons Modern Warfare 3 Won't Disappoint
Call of Duty is nothing short of a juggernaut, and for good reason.

The past year has seen a hell of a lot of smack-talk in the realm of modern-day war shooters. It's been Battlefield 3 versus Modern Warfare 3 all year, with the tantalising prospect of a very public grudge match between publishers always simmering in the background.

That never quite eventuated, however. While EA came out swinging at its competitor, signalling its intention of eclipsing Modern Warfare 3 with Battlefield 3 at (seemingly) every available opportunity, Activision has taken the opposite approach and has mostly stayed mum throughout the entire thing. Why is that, you ask? Confidence, most likely. Activision doesn't need to talk smack, because at the end of the day, its game is going to speak for itself.

Here are five reasons Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is looking like it will live up to expectations when it releases on November 8.

1. Spec Ops is Back, Now with Survival Mode
Modern Warfare 2's Spec Ops mode was ridiculously addictive, especially when playing online with a friend, so it's very good news that the popular mode is coming back after its absence from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Spec Ops, which consisted of a number of self-contained missions that steadily increased in difficulty, now has a new Survival mode, which faces you against wave after wave of enemies to fight off, Horde-style. Money is earned while playing, which you can then spend on armour, weapons, airstrikes and more. Applying this kind of gameplay to Call of Duty's signature fast-paced shooting action is incredibly good fun. Oh, and did we mention exploding attack dogs? There are exploding attack dogs! How freakin' awesome is that? Check them out in the video below.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 11-03-2011 at 11:16 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #261
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

2. Kill Confirmed
Kill Confirmed is one of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's new multiplayer modes. It's a lot like the standard team deathmatch that we've all grown to know and love, except that you get large bonus points by picking up the dog tags of the enemies you've just decimated. Sounds like it's not that different to normal deathmatch right? Actually, Kill Confirmed adds quite a nice twist to familiar gameplay. For starters, it rewards players who like to get in close for their kills, meaning that camping out and sniping folk won't get you anywhere. Also, there's a team element, as your team can grab your tag when you're killed to deny the other team the points. You're not just out for blood - you're also fighting to defend your team.

3. Call of Duty Elite
Beta users have already been using the new Call of Duty Elite service for Call of Duty: Black Ops and it's safe to say that it's going to be extremely popular once it's open to the public at the launch of Modern Warfare 3. The service gives players a social community to engage with other players all over the world. Here players are able to check in-depth statistics, post about their conquests, share custom games with friends, create clans and study warfare strategies.

Premium members receive added bonuses such as the ability to enter and compete in tournaments for real prizes, and receive analysis and tips from pro players. The core of the Elite experience will be offered as a free service (like Bungie.net), though Premium memberships require an annual fee, which isn't too bad considering that premium members will have full access to the bonuses mentioned above, as well as monthly DLC.

4. The Refined Engine
Modern Warfare 3 is still running on Infinity Ward's trusty IW Engine - now in its fifth iteration, and it's been further refined and enhanced; a decision we believe is going to pay off.

Why? Because while no one could possibly argue that DICE's Battlefield 3 - which debuted the company's new Frostbite 2 engine - doesn't look fantastic on PC, on consoles it leaves a lot to be desired. Slowdown, a maximum of 30 frames per second, clipping, glitches, rough edges and a separate texture install (for Xbox 360) meant that Battlefield 3 barely looked better than Battlefield: Bad Company 2, let alone anywhere near as good as the PC version. What do you expect when you're building an engine that's designed to showcase how excellent the PC version can look? That's great for PC owners, but that engine just far exceeds the limits of what current consoles can offer.

Modern Warfare 3 on the other hand, is going to look great across the board. By sticking with its current engine and adding a whole bunch of bells and whistles, we can be safe in the knowledge that the game will run at an incredibly silky-smooth 60 frames per second, and will look as good (or better) than its already fantastic looking predecessors.

In a recent interview with CVG, General Manager of Sledgehammer Games Glen Shofield had many good things to say about the engine. "This thing is Porsche. And what I mean by that is that it is stream-lined, everything in it is perfectly freaking clean. You can tell it's been worked on for years. It's easy to upgrade." He then said "Modern Warfare 3's levels now are so much bigger than the old ones because they go more vertically, they have a bigger footprint and on top of that, higher fidelity, more textures and a lot more detail" and "If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference."

5. The Story Will Conclude
While this is definitely not going to be the last Modern Warfare game we'll see any time soon, the main plotline that we've been following since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will finally see a conclusion, and an extremely epic one at that.

Everything we've seen so far has been leading up to what is basically World War III. The United States has been invaded, and now the war has spread throughout European cities such as London and Paris. While we don't know exactly what's going to happen, what we do know is that we're going to see global destruction on the kind of epic scale that would make Team America blush. Also, expect to see the dastardly Makarov finally get his just deserts.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 11-03-2011 at 11:15 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #262
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Nice, Kill Confirmed may be the game mode to play. I saw gameplay on the live stream IGN had. It was constant action, fast paced. You didnt see many people sit back and camp.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #263
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeD
yeah anybody with eyes can see that was gonna happen. I wasnt bothered with getting bf right now, its funny how in a week or so nobody is gonna be playing bf3 at least for a few weeks.
depends. most people who like bf3 or the franchise dont like cod because theyre vastly different games. same goes for cod fans. ive always been a cod guy but ive trouble adjusting to the bf playing style.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #264
Maniak
TJ Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nice, Kill Confirmed may be the game mode to play. I saw gameplay on the live stream IGN had. It was constant action, fast paced. You didnt see many people sit back and camp.
Meh, I'll play it a bit, but the fact theres no objective on the map and its centered around killing will become too one dimensional.

I'm much more of an objective person.

Then again, it could be my favorite mode.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #265
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I CAN'T WAIT! Who's going to midnight release? I might go this year. Never went to one of these. Anyone going to pull a all nighter after going to midnight release? I might, and also buy snacks, etc to keep me going.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #266
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm not doing the midnight release. I'll get it how I normally get games. After work.

Also I read the prestige shop will be open for 1 day (release day) so you can use the tokens you gained from prestiging in past COD games.

More video footage from the live stream IGN hosted a day or so ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-3diDSMilA

Graphics are cleeeeeean.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #267
DatDudeD
In DUKE mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I CAN'T WAIT! Who's going to midnight release? I might go this year. Never went to one of these. Anyone going to pull a all nighter after going to midnight release? I might, and also buy snacks, etc to keep me going.

yeah im going up there right after i get off of work, i went to black ops midnight release and it was a great experience, it was super cold that night but you couldnt tell there were about 300 people standing in line by midnight it was crazy. I got there at about 9pm and was near the front. I say if you get a chance go because it really is a experience. There is this excitement and buzz about it, its funny there were a bunch of cops that showed up around 11 at the gamestop , there had to be about 5 cop cars and at first i thought there was a fight going on in the crowd or something had happened but it turns out they all just were up there to pick up there copies of black ops.. . everyone was pissed because they didnt have to wait in line and they got there copies a hour early.Bottom line go if you get a chance and i will defnitely be pulling a all nighter i dont work the day mw3 comes out or the next day.
DatDudeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #268
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

I've been invited to one, but decided to pass, I'll just go pick it up in the morning myself instead. Hardened Edition baby!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #269
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeD
yeah im going up there right after i get off of work, i went to black ops midnight release and it was a great experience, it was super cold that night but you couldnt tell there were about 300 people standing in line by midnight it was crazy. I got there at about 9pm and was near the front. I say if you get a chance go because it really is a experience. There is this excitement and buzz about it, its funny there were a bunch of cops that showed up around 11 at the gamestop , there had to be about 5 cop cars and at first i thought there was a fight going on in the crowd or something had happened but it turns out they all just were up there to pick up there copies of black ops.. . everyone was pissed because they didnt have to wait in line and they got there copies a hour early.Bottom line go if you get a chance and i will defnitely be pulling a all nighter i dont work the day mw3 comes out or the next day.
That part made me lol. I bet they're campers as well.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #270
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

I could probably find out myself if I looked, but in Kill Confirmed, if you kill someone, but then die or are unable to get their dogtag, but one of your teammates picks it up instead, are you the one who gets the kill? Or do they get it? Or do they just get an assist or something?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: