Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Raptors should fold

5th pick

NBA has its d!ck in our ANUS
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Raptors should fold

Give me Vesely if possible!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

5th pick

NBA has its d!ck in our ANUS

Time for us all to agree on something
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Well that really sucked. Maybe we should look to trade the pick.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

That's what you get for rooting against your team all year long, cheering for Ls and hoping to luck out in the draft
oh but we should rebuild through the draft, we will be so set in a couple of years of tanking
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok, time to look forward to the 2012 and 2013 draft lotteries. Hopefully by 2013, Colangelo will be nowhere near the team.

The Raptors did a great job of tanking but it all comes down to luck in the end. You can only put your faith in the law of probability. Hopefully the 2012 lottery works out better.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Look on the bright side:

It saves us arguing 5 years from now that we got the #1 pick in a weak draft.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I think we should take an honest look at Kemba Walker. Trading the pick would be good, yes. But Kemba has shown he can play in the clutch and that is what we need. A good clutch player who won't hesitate to get to the net.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

Trade down and grab Biyombo unless they risk picking Kemba or Knight for the hope of getting a rebounding center in free agency.
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Immediate post-lottery pick with little basis: Jonas Valanciunas

I know little about him other than what I've read and the couple highlight reels (where everyone looks good). He intrigues me as a young prospect that should be able to play C. Who knows, maybe in 2-3 years, him and Ed Davis are one of the best frontcourts in the league?

I dunno... fuck this shit.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

kemba, knight or another season of watching 1 or 2 games a month for me
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know it sucks we didn't even get top 3, but it will atleast be exciting to see who we get, top three we knew what we were getting, now we got looks at Kemba, knight, biSMACK or someone else. I really don't feel like trading it unless we get something really good. I think this could be exciting, but I am bummed we never won.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

If they're going to keep it, I'd go with the slight risk of Walker
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
If they're going to keep it, I'd go with the slight risk of Walker

Ya, why not. I need some prospect of an excitng player that will make watching this team at least bareable. As it stands, it looks like another year to skip.

Doko's right though, if only we'd cheered harder for Bargnani we would have won the lotto. Shame on us.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
kemba, knight or another season of watching 1 or 2 games a month for me

Ya looks like one of those two. I'm just glad we didn't drop to 6th or they wouldn't even be there.

1.Cle-Irving
2.Min-Could be either Kanter or Williams
3.Uta-Whoever Min doesn't take
4.Cle-If they take Irving 1st, no reason to take Knight or Walker. Maybe Val or Biyombo?
5.Tor-Knight or Walker

At least we're not NJ or the Clippers. How shitty must they feel today. Sure NJ got Williams but they gave up A LOT. I've said it before, but I think Kemba's going to thrive in the NBA. His game is much more suited for it than in college. He'll give us leadership, a winning attitude, ability to break down any defender, take the last shot. Even DeMar wants us to pick him:

Quote:
Dime: Heading into the NBA Draft, what players excite you? Who do you think would fit in with your current Raptors squad?
DD: It’s tough to say, but I like Kemba Walker’s game. I played against him in high school. Just the way he plays, I think he’ll make a major impact in the League using screen and rolls and being able to shoot and break down guards and everything. I like Kyrie Irving too, he’ll definitely be big. But I think there are just a handful of guys though.

Last edited by Reef : 05-17-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: