Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation
Default Re: Let's be real, Durant is the best scorer in the league without question

After game 6 I thought he was overrated?

After game 7 he's the best scorer in the league?

I love ISH
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Let's be real, Durant is the best scorer in the league without question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
Durant is the most dominant scorer in the NBA and Anthony and Nowitzki are the most versatile.
Durant is NOT a dominant scorer. As has already been said, he cannot face someone down in tight coverage and just take them at will. The vast majority of his points come from someone feeding him in a catch and shoot situation.

A dominant scorer is someone like Bernard King, where it doesn't matter who you put on him, in whatever circumstance, he can score in volume. Durant's scoring is all derivative.

Effective, yet. Dominant, no.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Durant is one of the best scorers, not the best scorer. I'd take Melo scoring over him.

What the hell is TS%?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I'd take Dirk because of his mid-range.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #20
adri41
Good High School Starter

adri41 has decent reputationadri41 has decent reputation

Is this opinion based on points per game? I don't deny that Durant is a fantastic scorer, but you can't make this kind of declaration without taking into consideration how many shot attempts a player is taking, whether they are deferring to other legit scoring threats on their team, etc.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Durant is one of the best scorers, not the best scorer. I'd take Melo scoring over him.

What the hell is TS%?

Durant scores more points on less shot attempts than Carmelo in the regular season and the playoffs. Yes go ahead and take Carmelo while every non-Knicks homer/Durant hater laughs at you
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swift4u
ok so Durant might be the best scorer in the league but he's nothing more. He doesn't have any personality, no magic... he's good, no doubt, but I wouldn't watch a game just because of him.
WTF does this have to do w/ anything?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:

What the hell is TS%?

TS% is some made up bullshit stat heads want us to consider. If a guy shoots 5/10, his fg % is 50 but his TS% is like 89.5485% or something like that.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
What the hell is TS%?
TS% = Points / (2 * FGA + FTA * 0.44)

Last edited by ace23 : 05-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri41
Is this opinion based on points per game? I don't deny that Durant is a fantastic scorer, but you can't make this kind of declaration without taking into consideration how many shot attempts a player is taking, whether they are deferring to other legit scoring threats on their team, etc.

Durant scored 40 pts on 25 shots, whereas Lebron scored 15 points on 15 shots. that's over double the effeciency of Lebron.
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #26
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Durant scores more points on less shot attempts than Carmelo in the regular season and the playoffs. Yes go ahead and take Carmelo while every non-Knicks homer/Durant hater laughs at you

Im not a Knick fan or Durant hater and I agree with him
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #27
ThaSwagg3r

He is the most productive scorer, but he isn't the most polished or most versatile scorer. There is a difference.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
iguana
I airball my layups

iguana has an OK reputation so far

imo best scorer in the league with nowitzki. almost impossible to guard. funny thing about him is unlike players like lebron - wade - rose etc... he might get better as he gets older since he doesnt get the job done with his athleticism. he might break some (scoring) records in the future too.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
zay_24
Local High School Star

zay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardzay_24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Nope, kobe
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Nope, kobe

2007 is over, let it go. Kobe is a geezer on the decline.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: