Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
playstation
I brick open layups

playstation has an OK reputation so far
Default could bulls get JRich or Crawford with MLE this off-season?

lockout not withstanding. in theory, that combined with their offseason growth would make them downright scary next year (especially with JRich).

i know this is premature in some ways, but never to early to think about the future!
playstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: could bulls get JRich or Crawford with MLE this off-season?

I'd figure out a way to get Afflalo. He'd be the ideal fit, IMO.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
macpierce
Arcadia, CA

macpierce has decent reputationmacpierce has decent reputation

no way affalo leaves denver, denver will pay him just as much if not more
macpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

I thought AA was almost traded to Chicago before the deadline? I don't remember what the proposed trade was. I think Denver asked for too much.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

If Chicago wins it all this year, I can see it. If not I don't think so.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
solar.hands
not a sig

solar.hands has not been impressing people

if they cant. trade booz for an sg, and start taj.
solar.hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'd rather have Jason Richardson.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

If there is an MLE...
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #9
Sterlingsucks
French Toast Mafia

Sterlingsucks has an OK reputation so far

JRich maybe but Crawford is going to get some serious dough from someone...and Boozer isnt going anywhere IMO, yea Taj is good but Boozers contract length is going to scare damn near every team in the NBA especially since he hasnt been healthy for along time
Sterlingsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
solar.hands
not a sig

solar.hands has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
JRich maybe but Crawford is going to get some serious dough from someone...and Boozer isnt going anywhere IMO, yea Taj is good but Boozers contract length is going to scare damn near every team in the NBA especially since he hasnt been healthy for along time

magic is gonna love him for that. now you can have jrich
solar.hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Marcus Thornton
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Apocalyptic0n3 has not been impressing people

There likely won't even be a MLE in the new CBA and even if there were... not so sure you could pull in Crawford (assuming Jamal). JRich didn't have the best season, so that might be doable.

Either way, you'd be better off going with someone like Tmac or Carter. Someone looking to rejuvenate their career for cheap that will benefit from being a third or even fourth option.
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic0n3
There likely won't even be a MLE in the new CBA and even if there were... not so sure you could pull in Crawford (assuming Jamal). JRich didn't have the best season, so that might be doable.

Either way, you'd be better off going with someone like Tmac or Carter. Someone looking to rejuvenate their career for cheap that will benefit from being a third or even fourth option.
They have cap space. It's not using the MLE. They could bring in either of these guys. I don't see the need for Crawford, he disrupts what they do offensively, J-Rich as a catch and shoot guy fits much better. Having someone off Rose like Crawford doesn't maximize either person's talents. If i'm them i offer Affalo big money right away and force Denver to move (they have lot's of other pieces to resign at the same time) and at the same time tell J-Rich to stay put for 7 days and if Affalo is matched, they'll offer him a nice deal.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd take a JRich with a MLE type salary, but other than that, I hope not.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Orlando already has a standing contract offer to JRich, and I bet its slightly above the MLE.

Crawford, I think Chi will take a pass on that one.

Afflalo will be perfect. JR Swish, naw, I would rather take Jamal over Swish.

Marcus Thornton? He is smaller but kid got range
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: