Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Does this radically boost everyone else's confidence in this series too? Bulls shot poorly, and yet still trashed the Heat on the glass and took the game by 20+. Deng outplayed LeBron, Wade got locked down, and despite poor offensive performances by Noah, Rose, and others, Bulls still scored 100+.

I think if we take game 2, the series is all but over. The media will explode with Bulls hype if they take game 2 as well.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Epic blowout victory over Heat to take game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Does this radically boost everyone else's confidence in this series too? Bulls shot poorly, and yet still trashed the Heat on the glass and took the game by 20+. Deng outplayed LeBron, Wade got locked down, and despite poor offensive performances by Noah, Rose, and others, Bulls still scored 100+.

I think if we take game 2, the series is all but over. The media will explode with Bulls hype if they take game 2 as well.
I too am encouraged, but there is a long way to go.

Seems like Indiana played more physically than the Hawks and now the Heat doesn't it?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I like the fact that Miami have two days to think and think about this loss. The Heat are such a dangerous team that I can't do anything more than take it one game at a time.

What a great way to start the series though!
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Important victory in Game 1. The majority of series wins go to the team who wins Game 1. We came out and made a very big statement. We're not scared of them. We're not going to back down from them and we sure as hell are ready for the challenge. People are making us out to be the underdog but you know what we like that role. Our fans like it and our players like it. Go ahead and keep doubting us we enjoy continuously proving you all wrong.
We know we're in for a fight and it's going to be an extremely hard fought series but we believe we can win and we have the confidence to make it happen.

In Game 1 we set the blueprint on how to defeat this Heat team in a 7 game series. We controlled the boards by a large margin and we played suffocating defense to contain and pretty much eliminate their penetration. Our bench clearly has a major advantage over theirs and we will continue to use that to build on leads. Rose, Deng, Boozer, Noah, Taj, Brewer, Asik, Korver, Bogans, and Watson all did a great job and did exactly what we needed them to do for us to win. Only thing I would say is for us to play a little smarter and a little bit more under control to start the next game and limit the turnovers in the first couple of minutes of the game. We don't want to let this Heat team gain any type of confidence that they can build on. While they're down we want to keep them down for as long as possible.

Let's stay focused, stay consistent and keep our eye on the prize. Sure it was a great win, but we still have alot of work to do. I love the attitude of our guys. They're humble and they know that hard work, preperation and teamwork is what's going to get them to the top.

7 more wins!!!!!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I don't know about Bulls shooting poorly. Yes, overall, they shot 44% but they shot a crazy 10 of 21 from 3pt area including Deng and Rose who hit a combined 7 of 13 from beyond 24 feet.
With the exception of Noah and Korver, the core players shot relatively well.
Rose if you compare his last 2 series shot a modest 45%.
I sure hope and pray about your optimism esp if they win game 2 bec I still remember how the Heat cameback vs Dallas a few yrs back in the finals.
How they play with poise and more specifically how they shoot in Miami would also be critical.
For me the critical part in game 1 was how they "cleaned up" thier turnovers which limited the Heat's ability to run in the open court. Equally important is how they cut down on fouls, as Wade and James barely went to the FT line in the 2nd half.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I don't know about Bulls shooting poorly. Yes, overall, they shot 44% but they shot a crazy 10 of 21 from 3pt area including Deng and Rose who hit a combined 7 of 13 from beyond 24 feet.
With the exception of Noah and Korver, the core players shot relatively well.
Rose if you compare his last 2 series shot a modest 45%.
I sure hope and pray about your optimism esp if they win game 2 bec I still remember how the Heat cameback vs Dallas a few yrs back in the finals.
How they play with poise and more specifically how they shoot in Miami would also be critical.
For me the critical part in game 1 was how they "cleaned up" thier turnovers which limited the Heat's ability to run in the open court. Equally important is how they cut down on fouls, as Wade and James barely went to the FT line in the 2nd half.

43.7% FG% isn't good. ..that's poor shooting. We got lucky from three, and got a LOT of offensive boards (which is what saved the day), 19 offensive boards in fact. That was the game right there.

They shot well from three, but if you extrapolate that into eFG%, that's just .494%, which is below league average for this season. The Heat had a horrible game from three, only scored 82, and yet had almost the same eFG% the Bulls did.

See what I mean? Getting lucky shooting almost 50% from three on 20+ threes is great and all. . .but 43.7% is NOT good. Miami only got 15 FTAs last game. . .and we're not gonna make 10/21 from three very often. Think about it, if we didn't make almost 50% from three, our FG% would've been like 41%. :\

Bulls need to step up their overall scoring efficiency, because Miami barely took any threes or free throws. The offensive rebounding was excellent, and hopefully we can keep that up. That was the main game winner for us. I don't think Miami's going to do well rebounding for the entire series to be honest.

So I'm happy to see that our rebounding advantage wasn't just an "on paper" thing. It really happened!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
redbull
I brick open layups

redbull has no real reputation yet.

SinJackal

I've got to eat crow on my own team. Didn't think we had the pieces to take down the Heat this year, thought we were a legit 2nd option away from that. But while there's still alot to be played and the series could turn at any point, I still have to admit I was wrong about this team's capabilities. Thibs has done an amazing job with the athleticism and other strengths within our personnel, we have become a nightmare matchup for Miami. Defense wins titles and no reason why we can't continue this throughout the series (maybe not winning by 20+ every night but definitely should be able to pull this off).
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
43.7% FG% isn't good. ..that's poor shooting. We got lucky from three, and got a LOT of offensive boards (which is what saved the day), 19 offensive boards in fact. That was the game right there.

They shot well from three, but if you extrapolate that into eFG%, that's just .494%, which is below league average for this season. The Heat had a horrible game from three, only scored 82, and yet had almost the same eFG% the Bulls did.

See what I mean? Getting lucky shooting almost 50% from three on 20+ threes is great and all. . .but 43.7% is NOT good. Miami only got 15 FTAs last game. . .and we're not gonna make 10/21 from three very often. Think about it, if we didn't make almost 50% from three, our FG% would've been like 41%. :\

Bulls need to step up their overall scoring efficiency, because Miami barely took any threes or free throws. The offensive rebounding was excellent, and hopefully we can keep that up. That was the main game winner for us. I don't think Miami's going to do well rebounding for the entire series to be honest.

So I'm happy to see that our rebounding advantage wasn't just an "on paper" thing. It really happened!
I think we are on the same page here. Yes, they didn't shoot well overall but got lucky hitting well from the 3pt area which made it a better. Yes I FULLY agree 100% that their 3pt shooting wouldn't be as good in the succeeding games and Im not sure their overall FG% will improve too bec of the Heat's vaunted defense..
The critical part for me still the offensive rebounding and Boozer's ability to score and on the defensive side, how they continue to minimize layups and FTs allowed.
I have a bad feeling that it's going to be an offensive struggle for both teams.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-18-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Very good start to the series. Lets get em tonite. Also where can i get a bulls avy!!! Gotta rep chi town to the fullest...
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Rose scored 28 on 10-22 shooting and went 4-7 from three, how is that a poor offensive performance?
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
Rose scored 28 on 10-22 shooting and went 4-7 from three, how is that a poor offensive performance?
It wasn't poor, but the guys really didn't have to try to get it going. I don't think he drove much either.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva

28 points on 25 shots isn't really that great. It's about average for Rose. Didn't get to the line much, took a lot of jumpers that won't always go in, turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, only got 6 assists. I didn't think he had a good game. Maybe I shouldn't have lumped him in with Noah for the term "poor offensive performance", but Rose technically performed below his usual standards. He's a PG, so his assists and turnovers are a vital part of his offensive performance. Not just his shooting %.

If it makes you feel better: Poor performance by Noah, and substandard performance from Rose.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Game 2, they score 75 pts, what does that tell you? They had trouble scoring some games against the lowly Pacers and now they are facing a team that has one of the best defense in the league. No, I don't think they will shoot much better and I hope and pray that I am wrong about this. Im very disppointed with Boozer bec this is THE TIME for him to earn his 16 mil/year, to outplay and REALLY provide the Bulls that extra lift on offense.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Game 2, they score 75 pts, what does that tell you? They had trouble scoring some games against the lowly Pacers and now they are facing a team that has one of the best defense in the league. No, I don't think they will shoot much better and I hope and pray that I am wrong about this. Im very disppointed with Boozer bec this is THE TIME for him to earn his 16 mil/year, to outplay and REALLY provide the Bulls that extra lift on offense.

There was really no need to reply to my OP a second time, after the Bulls dropped game 2. You already replied. . .why make a second one basically mocking what I said after game 2 was over? -_- There's no point in that dude.

I'm also extremely tired of Bulls fans blaming Boozer for losses. For starters, if Boozer merely made 2 extra shots, he would've appeared to have a fantastic game where the Bulls didn't give him the ball enough or play him enough. Even if he just made one of his blown layups or putbacks, he would've shot better than the rest of the team did collectively.

In 26 minutes (barely over half a game), he had 20% of the Bulls' total rebounds and 24% of their offensive rebounds, 33% of the steals the Bulls got, and 29% of the blocks the Bulls got.

I would say, asides from the fact that he was 3/10 instead of 5/10, he had a good game. And honestly, even if he was 4/10, that would've been better than what the rest of the team shot.

Boozer was also not even on the floor to close out the game. You know, when the Bulls scored 2 points in the last 7 minutes and 15 seconds? Epic chokejob. And it was not even 1% Boozer's fault. Thibs left him on the bench while Taj Gibson kept letting kept letting rebounds bounce off his hands and into the clutches of the Heat over and over again. Even when Noah and Asik kept fouling and grabbed only 1 board in the last 7 minutes. Even when Korver couldn't hit a SINGLE ****in shot. Even when Rose did nothing but meander behind the 3pt line then launch a stupid shot. Even when Deng just kept turning the ball over after trying to force the ball into the paint as if he was a superstar slasher.

Boozer didn't do that shit. He played well besides missing a couple extra shots. Of couse, the ENTIRE BULLS TEAM shot 34%.. Boozer missed 7 shots. The rest of the team whiffed on 47 shots.

Boozer did not miss all those shots. Collectively, the Bulls shot like dogshit. Boozer actually tried, despite blowing some layups. The only players that played well within their roles were Brewer and Asik. Of course, Asik didn't get us shit for rebounds and didn't score. And to be honest, I would go as far as to say besides Boozer's facepalm inducing blown layups, he was one of the best players tonight. Thibs was stupid to leave him on the bench. Evidenced by the pathetic 2 points in the last 7:15.

We both know why the Bulls lost tonight. And Boozer was not the reason. The Bulls choked for 7 minutes straight on offense because they don't have any decent plays to go to in crunch time. When you leave a bunch of scrubs on the floor who can't create their own offense, the offense completely dies when the other team is putting all their energy into the defensive end. We lost because we had practically no offense on the floor. Cold shooters and players with no jumpers or post game made up 5 of the 5 players who were on the floor. What an intelligent game-closing rotation to close out a close game in the ECF with. Shit might work against the Hawks or Pacers, or in a blowout game, but it isn't working against the Heat when the game is actually close.

The rest of the team is at LEAST equally to blame for the loss. Boozer is one of the few players who isn't to blame for the offensive choke job late in the game. Again, 2 points in the last 7 minutes and 15 seconds. Boozer was on the floor for 0 seconds because he missed a couple contested layups. Stupidity. Boozer can't "earn his money" if Thibs doesn't allow him to play, now can he?

Once again, not Boozer's fault.

Last edited by SinJackal : 05-19-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

The game in itself was hard to watch because we know our Bulls are capable of much better. But the 4th quarter and especially the last 7 minutes or so was probably the worst stretch for us offensively the entire season. We looked clueless out there on how we should even attempt to score the basketball.

From the beginning of the game the Heat came out with alot of energy and the Bulls never matched their level of intensity.

There clearly wasn't enough offensive production. Our defense was pretty much there, but we allowed too many second chance points and too many easy buckets for my liking.

But offense was the real problem. Rose and Deng were the only players on double figures and they got those points inefficiently and not when we needed them the most. Everyone else was in single digits. Not going to score enough points like that to beat Miami. We shot terribly. Was just a bad shooting night I guess. Alot of shots that our guys normally hit on a consistent basis just weren't falling.

In cases like that when guys are struggling to score I think Thibs needs to call more plays. For too long last night I think Thibs just left the same players out there running the same few plays over and over again. I was watching the game thinking to myself "These plays clearly aren't working, why doesn't he change them!?" And then there was a timeout called and I thought finally Thibs is going to make sure he gets us a good look because we really need a score right now and the play out of the timeout was horrendous.

We need to win with a balanced attack. Everybody needs to contribute and perform up to their standards if we have hopes of advancing.

Come on BULLS!!!!!!!!!! We can do this. We have to come out and win Game 3. I don't want the Heat ever grabbing a lead in the series. Let's go up 2-1 and win the next one and make sure we get atleast a split in Miami.
We're capable of better than we showed in Game 2. We need to come out and play Chicago Bulls basketball and take it to them.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: